Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Loving the “both sides” again.

The One groups make no secret of abusing people as that One Tower Hamlets tweet shows. If your official channels are vile what does that say about your supporters.

Loving the “both sides” again.

The One groups make no secret of abusing people as that One Tower Hamlets tweet shows. If your official channels are vile what does that say about your supporters.

come on Ed, you should know better than others how silly this whole approach is

Its funny because someone -edited out- started a facebook post on one of the biggest local mums forums about how the whole 'holocaust comparison'. This -edited out- was met with so many stories from normal people about how they had been on the receiving end of the most horrific personal and professional abuse they had to delete their own post. Not one group peoeple or some other niche....a local mums forum. Racial abuse, vandalism to their own property, negative google reviews left for their businesses. All for holding the opinion that LTNs are not working out.

winning hearts and minds through abuse.

Last edited:
Sorry, not you then. Must just be someone else called -edited out-who is local, talks about LTN stuff and keeps posting the onelambeth 'holocaust tweet' while getting shot down by a gang of angry mothers

Last edited:
Still weird how everyone's fine with the Holocaust comparisons. How is that not about as offensive a thing anyone can say?

Still weird how everyone's fine with the Holocaust comparisons. How is that not about as offensive a thing anyone can say?

People are offended....but when theyve been on the receiving end of racial abuse to their family, having their personal info posted online and their livelihood affected just for holding an opinion.......

How to turn a 20000+ member of local mums against a cause. Step 1, racially abuse the kids of one of the admins.

Well do something about it if you're a member of One Lambeth.

I am, i've never seen it posted in onelambeth. I don't think i've ever seen ANY tweets from that twitter account in the FB group but I only scan every day or two

most people don't use twitter because its a cesspit. Personally i just don't get twitter.

The topic you were talking about was the tweets where the holocaust is mentioned. I replied I have never seen anything from that twitter account posted in onelambeth fb group.

You respond with a load of screenshots of people making comments about other things.

You dart around a lot.

That's the Holocaust tweet - pretty clear. The other tweets are the Facebook group you're a member of actively encouraging vandalism. You're choosing to ignore a lot of things.

That's the Holocaust tweet - pretty clear. The other tweets are the Facebook group you're a member of actively encouraging vandalism. You're choosing to ignore a lot of things.

Posted on the facebook group? I've seen zero tweets from "onelambeth justice" on the FB group. Not screenshotted or shared by anyone. I don't spend long on there but i've seen zilch.

I'm not ignoring, i'm staying on the topic you are focused on but seem very happy to throw the kitchen sink in like it helps - and then accuse others of ignoring said kitchen sink while they try to unravel just what point you are trying to make in the hope you will overwhelm with whatabboutery

Always interesting when a Onesie produces some ideas for improving transport. These are particularly innovative:
1) Invent SCOOT to optimise traffic signals
2) Ask drivers to be more considerate (sorry - IMAGINARY CYCLE LANES)
3) Retail deliveries early morning and late evening (as already happens), Depots where large lorries shift their loads to smaller vehicles (you know, like all the delivery companies and parcel force do). Oh, and reorganise society to remove the rush hour.
4) encourage walking with...electric shopping trollies (and form Living Streets to lobby for pedestrians)

Always interesting when a Onesie produces some ideas for improving transport. These are particularly innovative:
1) Invent SCOOT to optimise traffic signals
2) Ask drivers to be more considerate (sorry - IMAGINARY CYCLE LANES)
3) Retail deliveries early morning and late evening (as already happens), Depots where large lorries shift their loads to smaller vehicles (you know, like all the delivery companies and parcel force do). Oh, and reorganise society to remove the rush hour.
4) encourage walking with...electric shopping trollies (and form Living Streets to lobby for pedestrians)

That article hits the nail on the head. Those opposed to LTNs refuse to realise that there even is a problem.

LTNs are no solution at all, so agreeing with the premise that you might have a “better” solution is immediately to fall for the trap in the begged question.

Let’s all first agree on what “begged question” means – it’s a definition of a recognised logical fallacy. If I say “Hey Janine, have you stopped beating up on your husband yet?” That’s a begged question, because it presumes it to be a fact that Janine beats up her husband.

That article hits the nail on the head. Those opposed to LTNs refuse to realise that there even is a problem.
to be fair, they do reframe the question as " What changes can we make to the way we live, especially in our cities, such that our lives are healthier and more sustainable, and maybe even score the bonus of making them richer and happier lives too?"

So accept that there is a need to be healthier and more sustainable. I'm just not sure how that gets to 'make as much motor traffic flow through the streets as possible, making them all busy at all times' which seems to be the objective.

to be fair, they do reframe the question as " What changes can we make to the way we live, especially in our cities, such that our lives are healthier and more sustainable, and maybe even score the bonus of making them richer and happier lives too?"

So accept that there is a need to be healthier and more sustainable. I'm just not sure how that gets to 'make as much motor traffic flow through the streets as possible, making them all busy at all times' which seems to be the objective.

Yep, I read that, just a way to muddy the waters and make the issue so large. Same thing people do about climate change.

They don’t recognise that motor vehicles are a problem. It’d be much better if they just admit that that’s where they’re coming from.

These are particularly innovative
I like the bit where he says that public discourse is a closed shop where no one can get in, because it's full of organisations that anyone can set up.

I've seen a few takes like these, where someone suggests that filtering roads isn't the answer to traffic, instead we need to reshape the whole of society from top to bottom. This one is particularly good because it describes designing and creating a whole new AI-controlled traffic flow system, and changing the ingrained habits of tens of millions of drivers, as "baby steps".

Back
Top Bottom