Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Just always amazing how restrictions on driving is what it takes for some people to give a shit about anything, glad I don't have a car as seems to have a habit of turning people into idiots.

Anyway, just off to pick up a hire car and enjoy sticking to the 20mph speed limit to piss people off.

From the comments section:

David:
It’s interesting that The Ella Roberta Family Foundation are against LTNs.
Sadly Ella was the first/only to have “air pollution significantly caused and significantly contributed to the death” on her death certificate. If LTNs did what it said on the tin surely they would be in favour of LTN’s?

Mike if you want some facts around LTNs contact The Ella Roberta Family Foundation, im sure thay will provide you with the evidence you need to run a story on the unreported detrimental effects of LTNs on the communities that live out side of the LTN enclaves.

Mandy:
Ella’s death was absolutely tragic, but it was caused by vehicle emissions, not LTNs. To weaponise the death of an innocent child to forward the argument to drive MORE is utterly revolting. Shame on you.

From the comments section:

David:
It’s interesting that The Ella Roberta Family Foundation are against LTNs.
Sadly Ella was the first/only to have “air pollution significantly caused and significantly contributed to the death” on her death certificate. If LTNs did what it said on the tin surely they would be in favour of LTN’s?

Mike if you want some facts around LTNs contact The Ella Roberta Family Foundation, im sure thay will provide you with the evidence you need to run a story on the unreported detrimental effects of LTNs on the communities that live out side of the LTN enclaves.

Mandy:
Ella’s death was absolutely tragic, but it was caused by vehicle emissions, not LTNs. To weaponise the death of an innocent child to forward the argument to drive MORE is utterly revolting. Shame on you.
I think what they are trying to point out is that more congestion creates more pollution, on the roads very close to where she lived.
Until we get a decent amount of data we wont know I suspect.

They really can’t get enough of their totalitarian comparisons!

I mean my understanding is that if someone from outside the LTN tries to enter the LTN, then they get shot by machine gun nests run by Lambeth Council, who are also spying on everyone within the LTN to ensure that they are all on message with supporting the LTN, otherwise it's to the HS2 tunnel mines with them.

So I think the comparison is fair. What's your issue with it?
[scribbles notes on the unbeliever to report to the stasi-council worker]

Cars cause pollution.
Agreed. We should just get rid of everything that causes pollution, that is by far the best answer to all of this. Cars and Shipping make up 86% of the carbon footprint of of the transportation sector in the uk. Aviation is 12%. To seriously combat climate change we have to stop importing everything that comes in via containers as well.

Agreed. We should just get rid of everything that causes pollution, that is by far the best answer to all of this. Cars and Shipping make up 86% of the carbon footprint of of the transportation sector in the uk. Aviation is 12%. To seriously combat climate change we have to stop importing everything that comes in via containers as well.
You're mixing up carbon emissions and local air pollution again.

We were talking about air pollution next to busy roads causing health issues. The movement of containers by sea does not contribute to this problem. Vehicles, driven locally, cause the vast majority of this problem.

We were talking about air pollution next to busy roads causing health issues. The movement of containers by sea does not contribute to this problem. Vehicles, driven locally, cause the vast majority of this problem.
So why are we routing more cars through certain roads and increasing this problem?

So that we increase pollution on those roads?
Quit trolling. It’s not a good look. Especially for someone complicit with the very vilest of Twitter trolls. Maybe spend the energy getting your mates out of their fucking cars instead?

Re containers there are low emission solutions for shipping and the industry is not doing a good job adopting them, but the shipping industry as a whole is responsible for less than 3% of emissions.

Hypocrisy of the anti’s right here - on the signs - “cars everywhere”, here “cars nowhere”

Quit trolling. It’s not a good look. Especially for someone complicit with the very vilest of Twitter trolls. Maybe spend the energy getting your mates out of their fucking cars instead?

Re containers there are low emission solutions for shipping and the industry is not doing a good job adopting them, but the shipping industry as a whole is responsible for less than 3% of emissions.

I don’t have mates who own cars. Please supply proof that I’m complicit. Unless you do then you’re just trolling. It’s not a good look…

Back
Top Bottom