Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton hackspace

I was invited to the meeting yesterday (invite sent the day before), but went to see Camila Batmangelidjh instead.

I'm in and have my own powertools.

I would come along next Thurs but am busy :/

Tbf the meeting last night got better, and we agreed to meet up again in two Thursdays time (8th)* to actually make stuff. We went around the room to ask what people wanted to make / projects they were in the middle of / could offer in terms of skills and it was about 50% arduino related and the other half split between wooden spoon carving / wood stuff and F wanting sewing machine help.

All doable with portable tools in a room in a pub :)

*venue tbc - either dogstar again or perhaps D's studio space in Waterloo (numbers permitting)

I would come along next Thurs but am busy :/

Tbf the meeting last night got better, and we agreed to meet up again in two Thursdays time (8th)* to actually make stuff. We went around the room to ask what people wanted to make / projects they were in the middle of / could offer in terms of skills and it was about 50% arduino related and the other half split between wooden spoon carving / wood stuff and F wanting sewing machine help.

All doable with portable tools in a room in a pub :)

*venue tbc - either dogstar again or perhaps D's studio space in Waterloo (numbers permitting)

Do we join in on the 8th or soldier on in the meantime? (merging with that group after if need be).

I'm doing Arduino hardware / coding / led stuff, by the way. And my project is going to verge into fabric work.

I think the pub would be a better bet, as it's much more welcoming for newcomers.

Pub room (better for bringing & making) OR pub pub (better for total noobs)?

My vote the former, but either... getting something started would be cool either way.

Pub Room. The 1st floor of the Dogstar, as used for the meeting last night, is ideal.

I'm right next to the pub now - if they're open I'll go in and ask. If it's a bit of a more intimate affair it might be worth going for the top floor (the 1st floor may already be booked anyway).

Oh Hai !

Was really good to meet you guys last night, yes I vote get it booked up - ohhhh looks like a community is forming :p

I'm interested in fielding what kind of things I could help by bringing along and also hoping that people have random electronic junk they can bring in that we can rip apart / hack.

My name is Morris, I was the fat dude at the front preaching about how London Hackspace is awesome - warts and all.

Reactions: eme
I'm the one who made the dramatic exit before coming back for my bike helmet :oops:

Reactions: eme
I am very concerned with the willingness to fragment the group before we have really started anything because the meeting yesterday was clearly a win for the would be hackers. It was pretty much unanimous that we want a proper hackspace and not something commercial or particularly altruistic, we wanted some where to meet like minded people - locally. We had a room that eventually by the end of the evening to be confirmed as being on the same page and definitely keen to get a move on - so I'm all for things coming together and various meetings etc - let's just try and preserve the little resources we already have until we see how it starts to unfold.

@nipsla I'm experimenting with a new methodology which involves being wrapped in clingfilm - are you available next Thursday night? And would you be prepared to be wrapped in clingfilm? I really think it could work....

Back
Top Bottom