Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I was quite impressed with DF Tacos

In photos: Hearty Mexican comfort food on offer at DF Tacos, Atlantic Road, Brixton

In photos: Hearty Mexican comfort food on offer at DF Tacos, Atlantic Road, Brixton

Curry paradise is excellent imo.
Friendly/attentive/ community spirited not to mention very decent food at a good price.
Always go in after a gig at Windmill.

Yes. During the first lockdown, they were giving free meals away to homeless people and other people in need - they are top geezers in there!

Might I recommend Chicken Tikka Naga Sag with a side of Chana Bahji, pilau and a paratha. OH swears by the Naga Cod Bhuna.
The DC Potato is a tasty side if you can handle a third kind of carb. Go easy on the paneer masala. It's basically a dessert.

well, not bad to be fair, punches above its weight! I can see it would be a bargain if you were ordering for 2 or more folks.

Consider this curry snob to have been schooled.
Glad you enjoyed it. Certainly good value - looking back through my orders, we normally come in about £23 for a family of 4 - which gives us enough for a feeling just on the cusp of ‘uncomfortably full’.

Good to see the place finally getting some investment.
See what happens when a proper company invests in one its properties? Rather than those fucking cowboys from Antic

I notice that Brixton Jamm Brixton Courtyard are advertising an opening event playing 'ABBA classics' 🤮

I really hope the success of their drinks and food in the front bit during covid restrictions doesnt mean they permanently shift their underground music outlook to cheese and bottomless brunch events.

I notice that Brixton Jamm Brixton Courtyard are advertising an opening event playing 'ABBA classics' 🤮

I really hope the success of their drinks and food in the front bit during covid restrictions doesnt mean they permanently shift their underground music outlook to cheese and bottomless brunch events.
Clubs gotta do what they gotta do to survive right now!

HI everyone! Hope it's OK to post here - my lovely friend Jojo from Cook to Care is doing a crowdfunder to celebrate a whole year of providing free meals to those in need locally (she's based in Loughborough Junction) and to help continue the work. You can just donate or get entered into a draw for some prizes. Some of you know she also does a yummy 'buy one buy another for a person in need' meal delivery on a Tuesday through Sureh Cook to Care.
Thanks for reading

Opening next to the post office:

Good to get another sushi option in Brixton. Prices are pretty par for this sort of thing - a little higher than Ichiban, eyeballing the menu. The branding is rather tedious though - we all know what fusion food is by now, you don't have to try and tell us it's a revolution..

Good to get another sushi option in Brixton. Prices are pretty par for this sort of thing - a little higher than Ichiban, eyeballing the menu. The branding is rather tedious though - we all know what fusion food is by now, you don't have to try and tell us it's a revolution..
The fusion of Japanese, Chinese and er.....Soviet-era Russian imagery is somewhat confusing.

Last edited:

and so revolutionary they spell establishment wrong

People are still easily beguiled by silly, exaggerated words and descriptions. Particularly if its on a smartphone app promising to deliver the product to your door with just a few taps.

Is it owned by/connected to Nanban or have they just stolen one of their dishes?

Anyway, another sushi option in Brixton is good gaijingirl Ms T

I was quite impressed with DF Tacos

I got the the pork chilli and the steak and chorizo tacos from there the other day, was very impressed. And I couldn't resist the frozen marguerita, as this is something I definitely can't make at home

Back
Top Bottom