Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I went years ago too!
I found tsunami in Clapham really disappointing. The Charlotte Street original branch had great food and a pretty low key atmosphere, Clapham was totally form over function, super loud music, snooty staff and the food was nowhere as good. To be fair it was probably 10 years ago I last visited

Gosh, the last time I went to Ichiban Sushi must've been about 15 years ago. I thought it had closed down years ago!

I found tsunami in Clapham really disappointing. The Charlotte Street original branch had great food and a pretty low key atmosphere, Clapham was totally form over function, super loud music, snooty staff and the food was nowhere as good. To be fair it was probably 10 years ago I last visited
The Clapham branch was the original Tsunami. It was very good when it first opened, but went downhill after the Charlotte Street branch opened.

I used to have a lunchtime routine each week - visiting Ichiban, Fujiyama and Franco’s (pre-Manca). I miss them all. But I have lost weight.
Ichiban had some of the best sushi around. I always have (hoping the present tense is justified) oshinko maki; ikura nigiri; and California maki. Got to the stage where they just said "The usual?" At Fujiyama it was the shirataki noodles, at least until they dropped it from the menu. At Franco's it was the American hot, or whatever they called it.

Reactions: han
One star means there are serious breaches of food hygiene. Locally-sourced produce lovingly prepared amidst filth and squalor. I wouldn't be happy if I had coughed up lots of dosh to 'graze' there.
That's not good!
I've never been there. The name is somewhat off-putting, and now knowing about the rating, I probably never will.

Does anyone know details about Brixton Plaza? Just noticed it last weekend and can only find one article on it!

Anyone know if there's a list of all the places in there, anyone eaten there?
Thanks

Does anyone know details about Brixton Plaza? Just noticed it last weekend and can only find one article on it!

Anyone know if there's a list of all the places in there, anyone eaten there?
Thanks

There’s loads to eat in there - Eritrean, South American, Chinese. Cheap as chips too :)

Anyone know whats going on with The Market House? Just walked by, there's loads of rubble in the front smoking area, peeped through the window and the whole places has been gutted, even the bar ripped out :confused:

Turning into a curry house

Whilst Brixton could actually really do with a curry house, its bad news if Market House is going. I believe there has been a pub there for a very long time, and with Market House being independent, with friendly staff and a good daily happy hours for locals to take advantage of, i think this is a big shame.

Last edited:
Whilst Brixton could actually really do with a curry house, its bad news that Market House is going. I believe there has been a pub there for a very long time, and with Market House being independent, with friendly staff and a good daily happy hours for locals to take advantage of, i think this is a big shame.
There's been a pub on that site for over a hundred years and if it has entirely gone as a bar/club venue I will be hugely disappointed.

I'm trying to find out more details now.

Back
Top Bottom