Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I found my last curry paradise very bland but I’m a big spice head...not the drug, chillies! However, my 11 year old who is a massive foodie also said the same and her palate is insane. Naturally very intuitive with flavours. I would ask them to madras it up a bit if you like it hot like me.

I found my last curry paradise very bland but I’m a big spice head...not the drug, chillies! However, my 11 year old who is a massive foodie also said the same and her palate is insane. Naturally very intuitive with flavours. I would ask them to madras it up a bit if you like it hot like me.
I keep meaning to suggest that you check out Whirled Cinema for a pop up curry night. They had a tie in with Firezza before they left and I think they've linked up with another pizza place, I can't quite recall the email. It may not be suitable at all but it's worth a think about.

The service in general was a bit hit and miss. I Once went in for dinner and the waitress ignored us for so long after seating us and bringing wine that we ended up phoning from the table for takeaway and leaving when it was ready.

I ordered a delivery from them last night, was too tired and cold to bother jumping on a bus at Streatham Hill to go down and pick it up from them. The delivery time was OK....like just under an hour which is what they state on their website even though the shop called me to say they were running 15 minutes late. An hour does seems a little excessive for delivery time but hey ho. I can't really complain because the food was good as per norm and they threw in a couple of free soft drinks to the order.

I went to the Van Gogh vegan restaurant recently on Brixton Road. Bloody marvellous place run as a social enterprise.
Food was great, service excellent and it's run by someone who actually gives a fuck about supporting the local community. 10/10.

Regret to report that I suspect Luanda grill at the top of Brixton HIll (The restaurant formerly known as Stop Chicken / Gallery / Lisboa) may be on the way out.

Their phone number has been dead since before Christmas and, when I went past today the shutters were down.
The lady in the portuguese cafe / bar next door knew their number was out of action but thought that they would be open tomorrow.
The lack of a phone number does not augur well in the takeaway business.

It has certainly reduced in quality every time it has changed hands - but I'm still an addict.

There is a layer of plaque in my heart valves that is forever Piri Piri spare ribs

Regret to report that I suspect Luanda grill at the top of Brixton HIll (The restaurant formerly known as Stop Chicken / Gallery / Lisboa) may be on the way out.

Their phone number has been dead since before Christmas and, when I went past today the shutters were down.
The lady in the portuguese cafe / bar next door knew their number was out of action but thought that they would be open tomorrow.
The lack of a phone number does not augur well in the takeaway business.

It has certainly reduced in quality every time it has changed hands - but I'm still an addict.

There is a layer of plaque in my heart valves that is forever Piri Piri spare ribs
sad news. last time i was in there they took a silllllllllly amount of time to knock up a bit of chicken. i thought then that they were on the way out.

One for vegan door flinging types. Looks tasty, mind, but £30 is way too rich for me and these home 'supper club' things don't appeal.

Back
Top Bottom