Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

I do use the Pret near work quite a bit as the coffee is good and I like the staff. I sometimes benefit from the free coffee despite being not particularly working class these days. ;)

Went to that Booma place, on Brixton Rd, last night.

It was nice enough. Although the beer setup is a bit gimmicky it's good to be able to have some nice beer instead of being stuck with cobra etc as in most indian restaurants.

A bit pricey though. The tendency to "small plates" in so many places now is a scourge and a bit of a scam if you ask me.

Not Brixton per se, but I can heartily recommend Saigon Bistro at theBrixton side of Streatham (just past the Decorator's Mate). Fantastic Vietnamese food, very reasonably priced. I'm still thinking about yesterday's lunch!

Eat? Pointless try hards. <wipes dribble from chin>
Though to be fair, the Eat "Quinoa and Buckwheat" is the best brekkie. (No honey no banana).
Their sarnies are better than Pret.

I've never understood the use of try hard as an insult.

Not Brixton per se, but I can heartily recommend Saigon Bistro at theBrixton side of Streatham (just past the Decorator's Mate). Fantastic Vietnamese food, very reasonably priced. I'm still thinking about yesterday's lunch!

It’s excellent food and very well priced..

Grab & Go is the best coffee imo and under £2 for a latte. Lovely staff too.

I got told by a moustachio'd German coffee machine operator in Berlin that "latte iz not kaffee, iz milch" when I tried to order one (for my nephew, not me). I ordered a straightforward Americano for myself, so was not on the receiving end of so much scorn for that part of the order. :oops:

Had Sunday roast at Market House earlier. Last years Masterchef runner up has a Sunday pop up there. My pork belly was lush and Mr Shakes said his veggie bake was one of the best he’d had. On the pricey side for a pub roast really tasty

What happened to that conveyor belt sushi place on Atlantic road? It only opened recently yet looks like it has been derelict for years.

What happened to that conveyor belt sushi place on Atlantic road? It only opened recently yet looks like it has been derelict for years.
It was a Chinese hot pot place briefly, then dim sum. It was always empty so closed after a couple of months. Not sure what’s happening now. Owned by the Happy Dumpling people I think.

It was a Chinese hot pot place briefly, then dim sum. It was always empty so closed after a couple of months. Not sure what’s happening now. Owned by the Happy Dumpling people I think.
Oh dear. Possibly the least successful Brixton start up, after The Apprentice burger joint!

Anyone been to canova Hall for Italian yet? I know it’s part of the Squires gentrification but just wondered if it’s any good. When I walked passed to go to the record shop the staff seemed very friendly.

Just been to Rosa’s Thai Cafe (Atlantic Rd) for the first time. Pleasant enough food and a nice room but as someone said upthread it’s on the bland side, and overpriced. Not a patch on Kaosarn.

I was going to get a takeaway tonight to treat myself for payday, but I'd also like a beer. I don't want to bring the kids out in the cold.

Does anyone know anywhere that do your average takeaway, Chinese or Indian preferably, and also deliver a few cans?

I was going to get a takeaway tonight to treat myself for payday, but I'd also like a beer. I don't want to bring the kids out in the cold.

Does anyone know anywhere that do your average takeaway, Chinese or Indian preferably, and also deliver a few cans?

Back
Top Bottom