Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton food & drink news: new restaurants, bars, pop ups, cafes and more

Not that I know of. They are a business paying rent to a landlord in the old Kricket container- they are by no means rich , in no way hooray henries or some such like that I would instinctually hate. And I like them . Sorry about that. I hesitated to post about them here as I feared it would end in the usual organic , fair-trade , pesto flavoured bun fight. And I understand why.
I'm not looking for a bun fight - or, indeed, a brioche bun fight - I was just wondering if Pop had totally abandoned all pretence of it being something for start up locals.

I'm not looking for a bun fight - or, indeed, a brioche bun fight - I was just wondering if Pop had totally abandoned all pretence of it being something for start up locals.

Oh I don't know I imagine they need to rent out spaces at no doubt a market rent but don't qoute me on that just a guess.

Went to the Ethiopian restaurant last night on Brixton hill, formerly Adams bakery. Same lovely people running it.
I last ate Ethiopian food about 10 years ago and didn't much like it, so I was a bit apprehensive, but this was amazing. Lots of veggie options, I went for shiro wot which was a sort of chickpea Dal, really flavourful. Came with salad and enough injera (bread) to wrap up a small car. Stuffed for £7.90.

Mr SB had a meat option, which he liked too, although he reckoned mine was slightly better.
They are licensed, if you want a beer or wine.
And take outs.
Friendly service and they were fine with providing a fork....
Would recommend

Went to the Ethiopian restaurant last night on Brixton hill, formerly Adams bakery. Same lovely people running it.
I last ate Ethiopian food about 10 years ago and didn't much like it, so I was a bit apprehensive, but this was amazing. Lots of veggie options, I went for shiro wot which was a sort of chickpea Dal, really flavourful. Came with salad and enough injera (bread) to wrap up a small car. Stuffed for £7.90.

Mr SB had a meat option, which he liked too, although he reckoned mine was slightly better.
They are licensed, if you want a beer or wine.
And take outs.
Friendly service and they were fine with providing a fork....
Would recommend
Sounds good, will try it

Apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed it.....why is Fujiyama closing today?
First I've heard of it :(

NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS
It is with great sadness that we are closing Fujiyama.
Our last day of trading will be Saturday 17th June 2017.
To all our loyal customers over the years, we could not have done it without you.

We hope you will be able to come and see us soon.

ate at Eat of Eden in the Village recently, lovely food and drinks, lovely staff and all vegan! and reasonably priced

ate at Eat of Eden in the Village recently, lovely food and drinks, lovely staff and all vegan! and reasonably priced
Yes, good place. I had their "platter" of two curries, quinoa & salad: delicious, healthy & not too pricey. Service was scatty but sweet. Open 7 days a week apparently.

Locally based Elia Olive Oil have been importing speciality Greek food products since 2015. As regular traders at West Norwood Feast, Crystal Palace Food Market, Lambeth Country Show and Pexmas - we are known for our organic, cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. The oil has a low acidity rate of only 0.4% which lends to a smooth and fruity flavour.

We also stock high quality olives, honeys and herbs at reasonable prices compared to supermarkets and delicatessens.

Try it out for yourself! www.eliaoliveoil.co.uk

@eliaoliveoil

Where's good for Japanese/Thai/Vietnamese food in Brixton at the moment?

Nanban for punchy ramen influenced by flavours of Caribbean. More expensive than usual noodle bar but very good imo.

Kaosarn still miles better than Rosie's Thai Kitchen in terms of food or value for money, but it's either very cramped inside or sitting outside. Rosie's is well overpriced and not as Thai as it bills itself but is a more manageable environment to sit down and eat in if you're with kids / old people / fussy people.

If you fancy Chinese and can stretch to Claaaarm, then On Cafe opposite the Belle Vue pub is amazing great dim sum and it's BYO booze, so makes it much cheaper

Kaosarn still miles better than Rosie's Thai Kitchen in terms of food or value for money, but it's either very cramped inside or sitting outside. Rosie's is well overpriced and not as Thai as it bills itself but is a more manageable environment to sit down and eat in if you're with kids / old people / fussy people.

Kaosarn is fantastic Thai. There is a tiny Thai place on the little avenue where Miss Cupcake is which does amazing food really cheaply, but is quite a cramped eating in environment. Haven't been to Rosie's in Brixton but been to the Soho one and it is very blah.. The Wahaca of Thai food.

Cheers. I'd rather have Thai than Chinese and can't be bothered to go to Clapham, but I'll try On Cafe sometime. We use Slurp in Streatham for family meals - good food, decent price, and a choice of Japanese, Thai and Chinese that means I can eat what I like and the kids can still get something they'll eat.

On me own tonight, so don't mind it being cramped if it's great food, so Kaosarn is looking best so far, nice one :thumbs:

The other one near where Cupcake is is worth a visit if you are on your own. Mr Shakes persuaded them to sell him some of the staff meal of Morning Glory when we went.

It used to be called Curry Ono and is now called Kamome and is by far the most authentic of the lot. I always go there.

(however will also go to Slurp in Streatham which does a surprisingly good bento given they do so many different cuisines).

It used to be called Curry Ono and is now called Kamome and is by far the most authentic of the lot. I always go there.

(however will also go to Slurp in Streatham which does a surprisingly good bento given they do so many different cuisines).
I love Slurp, had the bento the last two visits :cool:

For years students have been telling me to go there but I had the impression it was like an AYCE buffet type thing with loads of festering noodles under lamps. So when we did finally go earlier this year I was pleasantly surprised!
I nearly didn't go because as you say, they do so many different cuisines, but my eldest went with her mates and then raved about it.

Doesn't cost much more than a Chinese delivery either, which makes a nice change, great value for money.

Back
Top Bottom