Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Artists workspace, basic.
I have a workspace in my unpartitioned studio at Tulse Hill, Parade Mews. It's rough and ready, about 10' x 15' in a room 30' x 15'. I am a prop maker and the other sharer is a painter, it would suit a weekend painter or similar. rent is £85 a month inclusive. leave me a message on 82447931 if you are interested. Sarah

We live in a 4 bedroomed ground floor ex-council flat. We keep one of the bedrooms as an office/laundry room. There's 3 of us.. K (31), D (40 something) and me (T 33).

The room for rent is a medium sized double room which I've just completely redecorated. There's a TV - good storage and some bookshelves, small chest of drawers etc. There's also a wireless broadband connection. The flat looks out over the communal gardens and Brockwell park meaning it's really nice and quiet except when the geese wake you up. The room for rent, however, is the only one which overlooks the estate as opposed to the park.

We try to keep the place reasonably tidy, but we have a cleaner who comes in on Fridays just to keep it all under control. The tube is a 10 min walk away and there's also Herne Hill station just across the park - which is a much nicer walk and goes both to Victoria and also the Thameslink - all the way to Luton airport and Brighton. Bills are included. Cats may demand stroking and/or feeding occasionally... the fish usually keep themselves to themselves but might headbutt the fishtank glass if they're feeling ignored.

We're looking for a friendly but independent easy going non smoking person to share with us. Must like cats! Between us we speak Japanese, French, Spanish and a smattering of Serbo-Croat We often have people staying here from outside London/overseas visiting and we like having people around so that's not a problem. Basically someone who is pretty laid back and easy going.

It's £450pcm which includes all bills* (and communal stuff like toilet paper/washing liquid/laundry stuff/salt/pepper/herbs that sort of thing). We've got loads of bikes and can lend one to any prospective lodger.

Some pictures here:

http://www.moveflat.com/c/p/214785.aspx

*except telephone

PM on it's way

room wanted for a friend of mine, american lass of independent means who wants to join the brixton crowd. pm me if you got anything.

ta

Short let wanted - Nov/Dec

One of my (very sound) mates is in the process of moving himself to Denmark. Wife and baby are going ahead and he needs somewhere to stay in the meantime, probably for about a month - roughly mid November to mid December.

He's totally sorted, clean, non-smoker, working locally (Dulwich), won't have loads of stuff etc and obviously willing to pay for a month's rent. If you've got a spare room for around 4-5 weeks, please PM me.

Cheers :)

Hello!

I'm much the same as above, or rather a rather lovely temp who is working with me at the moment is looking for a short term thing from mid-november to mid-december.

She looks pretty clean, doesn't smoke, and is Canadian (but doesn't have beady eyes or a flappy head) she seems pretty sound to me.

PM me also, if you've got anything to offer.

if anyone is moving house soon, check out the recycle your stuff forum for news on some very handy renta-crates that will help you pack/move your stuff safely

Room going in nice upper storey 2-bedroom flat in quiet Victorian terraced street in Brixton Hill (Zone 2) with on-street parking. On or near 2, 432, 159, 59, 250, 118, 133, 333 & 250 bus routes. Modern kitchen bathroom & furnishings, all mod cons - washer/dryer, digital tv, wireless broadband, etc. 2mins from pub, off-licence, chippy, Oystercard point, Post Office & corner shop. Tesco Metro, cashpoint and Brockwell Park less than 5 mins away. Sharing with quiet, slightly geeky 30s teacher, not a complete animal but not a neatfreak either, like cooking, eating, drinking, football, reading, art, cycling, comics, movies & proper coffee. Would suit single m/f, no pets please. Non-smoker preferred but not essential. £400 pcm + bills, PM for more details.

Room available in Brixton mid January

Double room available in Brixton mid Jan, exact date to be sorted out/negotiated.

It's a big Victorian house, not modern, but very clean and together and with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties etc. Central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, broadband etc etc. We also have an amazing Ukranian cleaner who is just brilliant!

There's two girls, one bloke (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative types I suppose, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, partying, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road (3, 59, 159, 133, 333 etc), a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park, also walking distance to Camberwell/Loughborough Junction. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's, cashpoint etc all within a few mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard.

Rent is £390 a month, plus £40 for bills (which covers everything) - works out at a bargain £90 a week plus bills. PM me if you're interested.

the above room is still available - rent is actually £368 pcm plus £40 a month bills and £20 a month for the cleaner :)

Due to people moving on to live with partners, etc, we have two double rooms coming up here. Both of a reasonable size.

The flat is four bedroom, to share with two very lovely females and whoever takes the other room. Nicely sized kitchen and living room, bathroom and separate shower. So close to Herne Hill station you can leave a minute before the train is due.

Rent is a bargain 335 quid a month, deposit of 315. One room will be available 21st January, the other round about the 11th of February.

I think it's a really nice place to live, it's taken a very special incentive to see me moving out.:)

PM me for details.

Hi I am moving to Brixton from Ireland in April. I amlooking for a room in a house or flat.I like jack daniels baking laughing going to gigs and gowns.I have no clue what so ever about rent rates so can someone tellme how much is average .Also does anyone have a room available from April on? thanks

Anyone know of any rooms going, could you let me know? Got a friend from out of town who's desperate to live in Brixton, poor soul. Who could blame her? If you know of anywhere could you please pm me and I'll pass it on. Ta.

It's a great flat which I am only leaving reluctantly. :(

& citydreams is a grand landlord especially when baking cookies to avoid his homework :)

I'm looking for a room somewhere in London as I've just scored a decent job :cool:

Dislikes:
Bigotry and related nonsense.

I'm a veggie but don't mind meat eating. I'm fairly quiet but don't mind noise.

Double room to rent in spacious, friendly flat with great view into London (the 11’ by 9’6’’ room on the floor plan attached- from previous owner, now even nicer). 30 seconds’ walk from Brixton tube and train stations (Zone 2). Beautiful décor, wooden floors and roof terrace. 2 bathrooms, 3 bed, split-level flat with enormous lounge and great views. In the centre of Brixton, above the bustling market - £575 per calendar month inclusive of bills (except phone), cleaner and broadband. Available immediately, email karin@electricavenue.org.uk

Plus you get two lovely urbanites in the flat below you. :)

Hey,
I'm going to be looking for a room around central Brixton, from mid april. I'm looking to pay around £400 a month... Drop me a pm if anythings going...

Cheers x x

Room available in Brixton start of April

Double room available in Brixton end of March / start of April.

It's a big Victorian house, clean and together with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties etc. Central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, broadband etc etc. We also have an amazing Ukranian cleaner who is just brilliant!

There's three girls, one bloke (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative, easy going, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, partying, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road (3, 59, 159, 133, 333 etc), a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park, also walking distance to Camberwell/Loughborough Junction. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's, cashpoint etc all within a few mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard.

Rent is £368 a month, plus £40 for bills (which covers everything) and £20 for the cleaner - works out at a bargain £90 a week plus bills. PM me if you're interested.

Just to let people know that Choc & I will have a great room available from May 1st.
I *think* it'll be £328 per month rent incl. council tax. It's huge, airy, big windows, light, unfurnished though, & right in Central Brixton (two mins from the tube) but not on the main road.

It's definitely the best room in the house.

Male would be preferable, since we already have two girls living there.
We have wireless broadband, bills aren't usually that much and we're both really chilled, nice, easy going flatmates.

We smoke in the evening in the lounge room, but not massively.

friend of mine is looking to move into londoon and i said if i can't find him a place in brixton worth living i'll eat my socks. now, this would be a bad thing. so if anyone gets a spare room from the start of june for a reformed eccentric hippy with no bad habits and an odd sense of humour (and possibly a housetrained tortoise, depending on who gets what in teh divorce) let me know.

I have a fab double room to let for 3 months from 1 May in a great 3 bedroom flat. Its on Rushcroft Road, at the Windrush Square end. Postcode SW2 1JX.
The flat has wireless broadband, cable TV, garden and a brand new kitchen. Price is £120 per week, including all bills.
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks

Hi !
We have a really big double room with two double beds, two cupboards and still room to spare, to rent in a friendly house made up of clean living, tidy, mature and considerate people.
The room is £80 per week per person (£320 per person per month)plus one month deposit.
The price include all the bills and a wireless internet connection and freeview television.
The lounge is big with sofas and dining table, a large kitchen with everything you need to cook, a washing machine, 2 toilets, a bath room with bath, a huge front and back garden, full of flowers and home grown veggies, barbecue.... and a beautiful cat !

At the door : 24 hours bus services, 5mns by bus to brixton tube and 5mns to streatham hill.
Close to shops and 10mns walk to brockwell park.
Available the 1st of june 2007.
Please PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom