heya
is this room still available?

]Hi a friend of mine has a room for rent in Brixton:

Room for rent in bright roomy Victorian house. Its right next to Myatts
Field Park, between Camberwell and Brixton. The pictures below are just
of the bedroom. Its a huge one, with a handy
rent: £385/month (all in) and £30 extra for utilities. There is
broadband and a landline phone on top of that. We have a back garden
(with gazebo/bbq carry-on in summer), and living room overlooking it. We also have a cleaner.

As we are three ladies (graphic designer, arts administrator,
occupational therapist) we are looking for a fella to balance things
up. Anyone interested can email me at l.harris@sothebysinstitute.com mobiel number: 07969126137

I have photos but they are too large to upload if you PM me i can email you or email Laura.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a room in a flatshare in Brixton, anyone got any ideas? Me: female, professional, 26yo, smoker, easy going and cheery. Wants: biggish room that I can afford, with nice people. Thanks in advance....

Quick quick! Room to let right NOW in Brixton shared house, near to Hobgoblin and That Church What's Got The Nightclub In. Standard victorian terrace - the spare room is the one over the kitchen (west facing, you should see the sunset right now :)) - house is shared by me, another guy and two ladies - we have assorted jobs. There is a conservatory (plenty of bike space), a decent sized lounge, a MASSIVE oven and hob range thing (that looks quite out of place in the otherwise slightly shabby kitchen), garden and shed, wifi broadband.

The best bit is the price. You pay £380pcm (I think, will check but is around or lower than that) and that covers the rent, council tax, gas, electricity (the rent is bumped by a tenner in winter for heating), phones and broadband (not the TV license though). Consider that similar rooms in similar houses go for more than that before you pay a single bill, this is a Bargain Not To Be Missed! (no sirree) The landlord is lovely and is fine with late rent etc. (same landlord as nu-urban towers - ask any of them lot for a reference)

PM me quick or we'll have to go for a stranger!

Looking for two-bedroom house for two professionals in Brixton/ Clapham area asap.

we'll all move together and pay around £1000 for it.
PM if you know of anywhere.;)

Short let in central Brixton / Room available

My mate is going away for a while and is letting her room out for the month of August (exact dates negotiable). It is a big front bedroom in a 5 bedroom house...nice back garden...big kitchen...big upstairs lounge...cool people...it is approx £360 all bills included and internet connection...on a quiet road a few minutes walk from the tube, cinema & shops.

They also have a room going permanently....it is middle floor bedroom...fair size....£380 pm.

If you're interested in either, please PM me. :)

Hi, I'm looking to find a flatshare in Brixton by the end of July.
I'm a 22-year-old male, recent Goldsmiths Fine Art graduate and working in Clapham Junction. Ideally looking for a friendly, homely place to move into (approx £380pcm). I'm reliable, clean and tidy!
Anyone know of a room going?
(Please PM me)
Ta.

I'll be looking for a flat share(single male 35) in SW London Brixton,Clapham,Streatham etc after Xmas.I'm in australia atm.

Requirements are broadband internet,Sky and all the usual stuff.

A hundred a weekish is what I'm looking at paying sorta:)

seeing as how nu urban towers is being retired in favour of luxury flats at the end of august i guess i'm going to need to find somewhere else to live...

brixton and surrounds, need broadband and chilled out housemates, nay too expensive cos i'm only poor. oh, and until the end of september i've got a cat.

Can anyone recommend any good landlords or estate agents in the camberwell/Brixton/Vauxhall area? Looking for a place most likely on my own (but am considering hosue shares) but need to be in by end of August.

Very large double room in nice Central Brixton flat, 30 secs from the tube, etc
Avalable at the end of August.

PM me for details.

Available September 10

Large, west facing second floor double room in flat share with 3 others including the ever-popular MonkeyGrindersOrgan of this parish and two of the nicest ladies you're ever likely to meet.

The house, arranged - if that's not to strong a term - over the top two floors of a 3-storey building, is conveniently situated right in the throbbing heart of up-and-gone Herne Hill, SE24.

With public transport almost too close and south London's greenest space, Brockwell Park, merely seconds away, this is surely an opportunity not to be missed, especially as it's only £335 a month (I think..) plus bills.

Bargain, or what?

Fully broadbanded up and with a telly that's verging on the sodding big, there's technology a-plenty.

Those I leave behind are no strangers to a night out every now and again and I can safely say I'm gonna miss living with them all. PM me or the MonkeyGrinder for a guided visitation.

No couples, sorry..

Ta.

:)

corporate whore said:
Available September 10

Large, west facing second floor double room in flat share with 3 others including the ever-popular MonkeyGrindersOrgan of this parish and two of the nicest ladies you're ever likely to meet.

The house, arranged - if that's not to strong a term - over the top two floors of a 3-storey building, is conveniently situated right in the throbbing heart of up-and-gone Herne Hill, SE24.

With public transport almost too close and south London's greenest space, Brockwell Park, merely seconds away, this is surely an opportunity not to be missed, especially as it's only £335 a month (I think..) plus bills.

Bargain, or what?

Fully broadbanded up and with a telly that's verging on the sodding big, there's technology a-plenty.

Those I leave behind are no strangers to a night out every now and again and I can safely say I'm gonna miss living with them all. PM me or the MonkeyGrinder for a guided visitation.

No couples, sorry..

Ta.

:)

Yeah, just to add a little bit to that. I think we have a great balance here, get on really well and I'd like whoever moves in to be part of that. So someone who'll come down the pub with us rather than someone who we'll only see disappearing into their room every evening.

I love living here and hopefully whoever moves in will do too.:)

5 bedroom house on Tulse hill, 1 fair size second floor room available for £347 pcm. Really good location, 10-15 minutes walk from Brixton station... Ideal for parties, the market, gigs etc. SW2 Adress makes you look posh.

We're students, which isn't really an issue in standard 'oh, they're scum' terms as we're going into our 4th years, but it does mean that if you aren't a student you'll be footing 75% of the full council tax bill.

You may also want to know that there's a 10k sound system in the living room which we use for err... totally legal and above board parties most weekends (not in the house obviously). There's no legal issue with the system being here thoough, and you won't be under any obligation to go out... I tend to stay in and work, which is clearly quite sad but does mean I'm not wasted on a monday.

Some of you may know a couple of the people living here already - Biotec (still posts occasionaly here) is the main organiser of stuff and Scampy (used to post here) is the lazy bastard. Other than that we've got one girl living here, lovely odd Fench/italian person.

Not quite Brixton but not far off...

Hello all,

The lady who organises my badminton club in Flaxman Sport Centre (Camberwell) has a room to rent in her house. She's super nice, really friendly and a really good laugh - very social, always organising BBQs and stuff. She rents rooms out in her house mostly to young foreign students.

The room is a single room in very friendly household (I've met many of her lodgers as they often end up at badminton club). The area is well served by buses and trains and only 4.5 miles from the City of London and the West End. Loads of amenities in the area, plenty of shops etc. Two leisure centres within walking distance.

But best of all: Rent £110 p/w, includes all bills, breakfast, evening meal and all laundry. (Frankly, some days I'm tempted to move in myself.. :D )

Location map here: http://tinyurl.com/novb4

If you are interested, pm me and I'll give you her tel no. etc.

Cheers
GG

Room available in Brixton end of Aug/Sept (tbc)

Double room available in Brixton end of Aug/Sept - exact date to be sorted out.

It's a big Victorian house, not modern, but very clean and together and with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties etc. Central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, wireless broadband etc etc. We also have an amazing Ukranian cleaner who is not only cheap and brilliant, but also very beautiful!

There's three girls, one bloke (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative types I suppose, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, partying, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road, a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's etc all within 3 mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard. ;)

Rent is £360 a month, plus £30 for bills (which covers everything) - works out at a bargain £83 a week plus bills. PM me if you're interested. :)

I had a house until this morning just heard it's fallen through. Need a place for 4 people (3 rooms as one couple and two single geezers) any suggestions of agents etc required. Need something urgently.

much the same situation here. zora and i thought we had something sorted out when a house we knew had two rooms going. sadly they've decided that they'd rather leave one empty (power bloc worries?) so we're pretty desperate cos we've got a fortnight til we're homeless. anyone got any ideas?

bluestreak said:
much the same situation here. zora and i thought we had something sorted out when a house we knew had two rooms going. sadly they've decided that they'd rather leave one empty (power bloc worries?) so we're pretty desperate cos we've got a fortnight til we're homeless. anyone got any ideas?

We're sorted now. :)

That house with two rooms is now a house with one room (it's my soon to be old one) so any takers? £380pcm all bills & CT included. North end of SW2.

Brixton Hatter said:
Double room available in Brixton end of Aug/Sept - exact date to be sorted out.

It's a big Victorian house, not modern, but very clean and together and with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties etc. Central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, wireless broadband etc etc. We also have an amazing Ukranian cleaner who is not only cheap and brilliant, but also very beautiful!

There's three girls, one bloke (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative types I suppose, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, partying, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road, a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's etc all within 3 mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard. ;)

Rent is £360 a month, plus £30 for bills (which covers everything) - works out at a bargain £83 a week plus bills. PM me if you're interested. :)
This room is still available but the date is now end of Sept/start of Oct. :)

I'm starting to look for a room back down south (Brixton/Clapham). Ideally close to Tube (Northern/Victoria Line)

Problem I have is finding a room big enough to fit these buggers into as well as a bed and PC and have enough room to move... (that desk is about 5ft wide)

Of course turning up with something like that makes people think you're a noisy git but I assure you thats not the case :)

Also have a car so need some sort of parking, on road parking is fine, I hardly use the thing. Also have a bike. Not asking much am I... :rolleyes:

What else what else....

Work in IT (IT Manager) in Covent Garden, into pubs/clubs and recently a bit of getting fitter since giving up smoking.

erm... PM me if you want to know more.

Pricewise? Max of 550-600 month including bills.

looking for a new room in Brixton!! (up to 80pw)

Hello!

I'm coming back to London to start the final year of my ph.d. and I'm looking for a single room - with broadband connection, if possible close to Brockwell Park/ Herne Hill...

I'm Italian, female and no-smoker.

If there are pets is better!

Hey, I'm looking for a room/flatmate as soon as possible. I am a graduate student at the University of London and need somewhere serviced well by public transport.

I am friendly and easygoing, and I am a responsible and easy to get along with roomate. Please PM me about anything that you may know of.

Best regards.

Room to rent to Japanese person!!

I know this is kind of an odd one to put on Urban.. but word of mouth is often the best way to do these things so here goes:

We live in a 4 bedroomed ground floor ex-council flat. We keep one of the bedrooms as an office/laundry room. There's 3 of us.. K (31), D (40 something) and me (T 33).

The room for rent is a medium sized double room which I've just completely redecorated. There's a TV - good storage and some bookshelves, small chest of drawers etc. There's also a wireless broadband connection. The flat looks out over the communal gardens and Brockwell park meaning it's really nice and quiet except when the geese wake you up. The room for rent, however, is the only one which overlooks the estate as opposed to the park. Our last lodger didn't have any complaints about this though.

We try to keep the place reasonably tidy, but we have a cleaner who comes in on Fridays just to keep it all under control. The tube is a 10 min walk away and there's also Herne Hill station just across the park - which is a much nicer walk and goes both to Victoria and also the Thameslink - all the way to Luton airport and Brighton. Bills are included. Cats may demand stroking and/or feeding occasionally... the fish usually keep themselves to themselves but might headbutt the fishtank glass if they're feeling ignored.

We would especially like to find someone Japanese to live with us. We have had several Japanese flatmates before and it has always worked very well. Also having had a wonderful time in Japan I like to be able to help Japanese people establish themselves here. As a teacher I can help with English and would be interested in language exchange too. We're looking for a friendly but independent easy going non smoking person to share with us. Must like cats! Between us we speak Japanese, French, Spanish and a smattering of Serbo-Croat We often have people staying here from outside London/overseas visiting and we like having people around so that's not a problem. Basically someone who is pretty laid back and easy going.

It's £450pcm which includes all bills* (and communal stuff like toilet paper/washing liquid/laundry stuff/salt/pepper/herbs that sort of thing). We've got loads of bikes and can lend one to any prospective lodger.

*except telephone

I'm looking for a place in Brixton, cat friendly, less than £500 a month if possible though can stretch it a little. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom