Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

zenie said:
Thanks guys

Gumtree is the only one with a decent interface the others are fuckin hideous to use aaah well these things are sent to try us. :)

What about shop windows are they as dodgy as I am led to believe?
moveflat is pretty good, if you scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the area you want.

I have a friend who is looking for a friendly, non-smoking houseshare/flatshare in Brixton/London.
She is a photography/creative type, lovely person, sound as a pound. :)

PM me if you have anything!

Have forwarded her your details, mwoz03.

Room available in central-ish (closer than the hobgoblin) Brixton shared house. Double bed in ground floor bedroom, with doors (of dubious openability) onto the garden. House has: Conservatory for bikes and smoking and summery things. Two toilets. 1st floor lounge with all entertainment devices. Garden with patch of grass and shed. Humungous range-style cooker with two ovens, grill, 4 hobs, hotplate and griddle thing. Very nice landlord who works out your rent to the penny and will post you coppers in an envelope if you over pay :) No qualms about late rent either.

Can't remember the rent off the top of my head, but it's something around £380pcm, including all bills and council tax. (exculding tv license and broadband) - which is an absolute bargain not to be beaten guvnor, take a look at the shine that's real gold that is.

----

Room taken I'm afraid :(

Crispy said:
Room available in central-ish (closer than the hobgoblin) Brixton shared house. Double bed in ground floor bedroom, with doors (of dubious openability) onto the garden. House has: Conservatory for bikes and smoking and summery things. Two toilets. 1st floor lounge with all entertainment devices. Garden with patch of grass and shed. Humungous range-style cooker with two ovens, grill, 4 hobs, hotplate and griddle thing. Very nice landlord who works out your rent to the penny and will post you coppers in an envelope if you over pay :) No qualms about late rent either.

Can't remember the rent off the top of my head, but it's something around £380pcm, including all bills and council tax. (exculding tv license and broadband) - which is an absolute bargain not to be beaten guvnor, take a look at the shine that's real gold that is.

Gotta be quick though - the room is empty now. We've already met a couple of people, but they didn't 'click' - Do You Click? PM me now!

Aw, I'd love to but I need to give a months notice where I am so couldn't move until march 8th.

Never mind!

Hi Crispy,

Have been looking for a nice and especially big room in Brixton for some time. (see Han's postings) Is the free room in your house quite large?

PM me and maybe we can arrange a meeting?

Cheers
Caro

Ok, so this is a slightly wierd post, but do you want to live with me and one other person?

We haven't actually decided on anywhere yet, as we were initially looking at 2 bedroomed places, until we realised we'd get more for our money and bills etc with a 3 bedroomed place...you get me?

We'd be looking to move in the next month or so and would be looking around Brixton/Loughbrough Junction/Vauxhall/Kennington sort of areas.

We'd be looking to share with someone 25+ and who was relatively easy going, and tidy and all those sort of things, and a person who wasn't overly loud and annoying, but then no one admits to those sort of traits anyway.

Pie Eye has lived with the pair of us for 6months+ and I'm sorry to see her waltz off into the sunset with her fiancee (actually, that sounds a bit wrong, I'm not sorry she's getting shacked up and married an' that, more sorry to see her go)

But I've gone on a bit: to summarise...would you like to share with a couple of people you've never met, in a house that hasn't been found yet?

This is going to work SO well... :rolleyes:

So anyway, I'm amazed my post on the previous page hasn't left my box full to bursting this morning! Maybe it would help if I told you a little more about me, and t'other bloke.

Here are some things we like:

• cake
  • boobs
  • fine malt whisky
  • tellybox
  • pop music
  • hats
  • good stuff

I'm sure that'll have people just queuing up to come and live with us *cough*

Double room in non-smoking friendly flat share with professional couple and one other. Plus two cats and fish!! Quiet flat overlooking Brockwell Park. 10 mins walk from tube/train. TV/Stereo/Broadband in room. Dishwasher/rice cooker/juicer etc and cleaner comes once a week.

French/Spanish/Japanese/Mandarin spoken - and English. £450pcm inc. Pm me for more details.

Dubversion said:
Filter, meet Pootle. Pootle, meet Filter.

although you've already met, i think..

We have indeed.. couple of times! Pootle, will pm you when I know more about exact leaving date, but I don't think our timings will match.. which is typical.

We have a room available in central Brixton. It's very very near the tube and a very nice flat.

To be honest a bit of a bargain... The room is HUGE and priced at a mere £328 per month including council tax. To share with two lovely girls (me and Choc). One of us is German and one English. The deposit is in the region of £300 - will have to double check that.

We're very chilled out, social but independent. Available at the end of this month (but pretty urgent as we need the rent covered).

PM poster: Choc about this as I wont be logging in again for a while.

Cheers

ChrisFilter said:
Damn.. you live across the street from me and are paying £120 less a month for what sounds like a bigger room :(
it's not my room. my room is cheaper and smaller. but i like it that way.

yeah the flat is an utter bargain. the guy who's moving out is giving up a really good deal.

c'est la vie etc.

ChrisFilter said:
Damn.. you live across the street from me and are paying £120 less a month for what sounds like a bigger room :(

chrissie, are you living across the street now? if yes make sure you pop by soon for a co tea!!

re bargain: not much longer with those new gas prices .. :rolleyes: ;) :mad:

Lovely 2 bed flat:

I look after a flat in Dulwich Road on behalf of my best mate who now lives abroad a long way away.

The current tennets of 2 years are moving on and the flat is avalable from 2nd April.
The rent is £900 pcm excluding bills and the deposit is a month & a half's rent which is put into a savings account and you are given the interest on it.

The flat is really lovely - everyone who's lived there hates to leave. It's upper ground floor victorian with an open plan Kitchen/lounge, 1 big bedroom, one smaller one and a small bathroom. the two bedrooms look onto Brockwell park and it's the Brixton end of Dulwich Rd.

As I also live abroad now as well, I will be holding viewing days over the next couple of weeks whenever I'm in London. The first of these will be Wednesday 15th March & Friday 17th March.

PM me for further details.

Vixen said:
about our above add

hi about this ad...i am so sorry to say that kind of I and vixen together (more me really vixen wasn't that fussed really) have decided not to make this a fully urban 75 followers flat. i think that would be a bit weird as in feeling like some sort of "religious" group. sorry. but basically if you do know somebody that isn't involved at all in any way with u75 pleas pm us. :rolleyes:

sorry :p

Hello all...

So, I'm looking for a new flatmate again. You may recognise the following ad from a few pages back in October. My flatmate's moving out to be a stoodent and live like a pauper.

The room's available from the end of March, but can comfortably wait til mid-April, if need be.

Any takers, drop me a line.

Thanks

Nick

--------------------------

Double Room - Streatham Hill Garden Flat (available immediately)

Furnished double room available in a lovely, large garden flat in Streatham Hill (Brixton Hill side). The room is a good-sized double with wardrobe, shelves and generous cupboard space (plus double bed). The flat benefits from a large living room, kitchen and bathroom with bath / shower, and a large garden to the rear.

I am a tidy, easy going 27 year old professional male. I am a DJ, but I am considerate about noise levels! I'm looking for a chilled out person who won't be a stranger in the flat, but has their own life as well. Male or female welcome.

The area has excellent bus connections, Streatham Hill BR station (Zone 3) is a 10 min walk (Victoria / London Bridge), Tulse Hill (Thameslink) is about 15 mins walk and Brixton tube (Victoria Line, Zone 2) is a 10 min bus ride down the hill. Rent is £375 pcm excluding bills. At an estimate, you'd be looking at around £440 a month including council tax and utilities.

room going in Camberwell house

A nice female chum of mine has a room going in their house in Camberwell. Please PM me if you want me to forward her your details....

Quiet double room (14ft x 8ft 5) with south-facing window onto balcony space, built in wardrobe and blonde-wood flooring, in a light and well-designed 3-bedroom and 2 reception room split-level house in the heart of Camberwell just off Church Street. The room can be furnished or unfurnished.

The house has neutral decor, loads of storage, a large south facing balcony space looking onto private gardens and a private ground floor entrance. Built in the late 1970s, the property is an excellent example of solid, well-thought-through municipal design and has lots of intelligent features that make it really easy to live in.

Ground floor: large storage area for bikes etc and a hallway with coat and shoe racks.
First floor: very large south facing lounge with huge windows (17ft x 10ft) with a big dining table for entertaining (it easily seats 10!), a light and sunny kitchen/diner (20ft x 8ft) with a five burner gas range, dishwasher and washing machine, a large walk-in storage cupboard (7ft x 3ft) which you will be welcome to use and a W/C. Leading off from the lounge via a patio door is the south facing balcony space (10ft x10ft) with enough room for four people to eat round a small table, and for lots of containers. Wall-mounted exterior light, fixed planting trough, concrete flag stones.
Second floor: laundry with dryer, two double bedrooms (occupied by Mairead and Sue), a study and a bathroom with a brand new power-shower.
Loft: above this there is a fully boarded loft space (28ft long) for storage.

You would share with two professional females. The house is really friendly and sociable, we often share meals and nights on the sofa and entertain our friends together. Rent includes all the utility bills, service charge, council tax and 2 Meg wireless broadband. 475 all-inclusive!

Anyone interested in a double room in a shared house in central Brixton, £380 per month (including bills and tax)), for three months only, between 3 May and 3 August? Send me a PM :)

we'll be looking for a 1 or 2 bed flat around brixton at some point over the next few months. not looking to share with others though, i'm too antisocial :D

Well, I don't often post on Urban (much to my shame) but I've lived in Brixton and roundabouts for some time...

Looks like I'll have a room in my flat in Tulse Hill from may onwards. It's a nice furnished room with broadband, and rent would be about £400 pcm exc.

Er, about me? I'm pretty clued-up about film and comics, get me kicks from kickboxing, like most people I like music, I'm a web designer by trade, and I'm not averse to a jaunt to Brighton (London-by-sea)... oh, and the split-level flat is pretty big and a mixture of IKEA and random. I can't believe I mentioned the dreaded word IKEA. There, my secret is out.

PM me if this sounds like your cup of tea :)

Large Room for Rent - Brixton

Hi a friend of mine has a room for rent in Brixton:

Room for rent in bright roomy Victorian house. Its right next to Myatts
Field Park, between Camberwell and Brixton. The pictures below are just
of the bedroom. Its a huge one, with a handy
rent: £385/month (all in) and £30 extra for utilities. There is
broadband and a landline phone on top of that. We have a back garden
(with gazebo/bbq carry-on in summer), and living room overlooking it. We also have a cleaner.

As we are three ladies (graphic designer, arts administrator,
occupational therapist) we are looking for a fella to balance things
up. Anyone interested can email me at l.harris@sothebysinstitute.com mobiel number: 07969126137

I have photos but they are too large to upload if you PM me i can email you or email Laura.

Thanks

Tunstall Road Flatshare

We have a choice of two rooms in Central Brixton, Tunstall Rd. Don't know if I'm allowed to put contact details here, so send a private message if this gets pulled:

Editor, can I put my mobile number up here? 07966983702

Either or is available very soon - this weekend. Two guys both 27 already living here, its 3 bedrooms in total. We're sociable and friendly and like going out drinking, food and wine, and all that kind of Brixton revelry. M/F, no preference.

The first room is an en suite double at 540 per month, the second is a smaller double at 480 a month. The flat's really nice, it's got a roof terrace, all the stuff you need in the kitchen, like fridge/freezer and dishwasher, and cable TV in the lounge area.

It's a really cool flat so if anyone would like a look, get in touch.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom