Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

My lovely 21 year old friend is looking for a room, preferably around Brixton, sometime in the next couple of months. He needs it to be £450 or under inclusive and accept DSS.

desperately need to move, me my partner and my dog are living with my parents and its really really not working, anywhere/anything pretty much anywhere in London- please give me a shout! Not in a great situation financially but 500-600 a month for a room we can fork out.
thanks!
(will post in London group as well)

Big double / studio room available where I live, own bathroom & kitchen facilities but not en-suite:
Brixton | Spacious Bright Double Room

It's listed as 'No Housing Benefit' on SpareRoom as sadly I think the price combined with the fact that it's technically a room & not a self-contained flat would almost certainly make that unworkable.
But having been a HB claimant in the past, I know that it can cover all kinds of situations, so it's absolutely not a blanket ban if it can be worked around...

It's lovely & spacious, can be furnished or unfurnished, & looks out on to the garden.
Very quiet & friendly estate (St Matthews).
Pets considered - there's a catflap to the garden door, and close to Rush Common & Brockwell Park.
I've lived & worked in Brixton / Herne Hill for 20 years and am a nice dependable person to live with.

There is a very good chance that I will be working in Battersea very soon and would need somewhere to stay. I would prefer Brixton or as near as possible. So I am looking for a room that doesn’t require a ridiculous deposit and my top limit is £800.00 pm all in. Cheers. Haydn. ETA I’m male, 53, veggie pretty quiet

Last edited:
Hi. I have a room in v. central Brixton, ex-council flat, 2 mins from tube, quiet, light and airy, spacious with great views. Sharing with me (I'm a part-time speech therapist and student). I do need some quiet to study, looking for approx. 500 a month (negotiable).

Hi. I have a room in v. central Brixton, ex-council flat, 2 mins from tube, quiet, light and airy, spacious with great views. Sharing with me (I'm a part-time speech therapist and student). I do need some quiet to study, looking for approx. 500 a month (negotiable).
Hi Zoe!
I’m interested in your room, am a longtime Brixton resident, working, friendly, loves cats etc...would I be able to come round and see it and you could inspect me?

Sorry, I meant to erase this post as I am sorted now. Good luck

Good friend of mine is looking for a room around South London, around £600 per month, anyone know of anything?

Hello peoples

I'm after a 2 bed flat for rent within a 1 mile radius of Dulwich Hamlets Junior School?

I can provide references etc

Thank you so much!

23 year renter and born and bred Brixton person (and 40 years on Lambeth housing list) is being evicted by landlord, alongside her two grown up kids. She is good, kind and caring, and her two children are lovely young people.

She needs a place quick for them. Cheap, and local.

If any of you know of anything then please please let me know.

This person is a quite amazing and wonderful and saved my life more than once, so I would love to see her and her two kids with a roof over their heads and some stability.

Hi, I just joined as I'm looking for a room. Not sure if this is the right thread. I'm looking for a double anywhere in south London really (just for one person though) and hopefully slightly flexible on the deposit (that's the sticking point!). I have some but not the huge amount I see advertised on the gumtree etc. I'm currently paying 160 a week so would like to stay around that.

I've been unexpectedly given notice by my landlady/head tenant as she has a friend coming to live with her which has left me in a bit of a pickle. Fully housetrained etc. I'm freelance but I always keep up with the rent. Got references.

Thank you for any leads...

Not sure if this is the right place but looks like the effects of Coronavirus on AirBnB shortlets is dropping rental prices. Had a quick look on open rent and it does seem a bit cheaper here too

Double room in a friendly, professional house share - this is my friends ad, the pics don't do the garden justice since it's had a lot of tlc during lockdown. Not a party house but a nice place and good housemates.

Anyone know of places to rent short term? or want some temp lodgers or house sitters? near SE24 preferably.

Some one I know (couple with 2 dogs - all very clean and well behaved) have to move out of their flat for 4 weeks while messy essential work is done following subsidence (ceilings need to be removed and full redecoration by ins company)

Can supply excellent references and money up front.

Hello, would anyone in S. London appreciate a short-term lodger for 2-3 months? It is myself - prof male, 53, NS , veggie, quiet and considerate,. I can pay £150 pw, deposit and references. I need to move ASAP. Please message me if interested. Thanks you , Des

Mate of mines looking for a short term room to let/sublet for a few months - pretty flexible about location, duration. Must be LGBT+ friendly.

Back
Top Bottom