Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Hiya, my first post on these forums and it's a flatshare on offer, me and my woman are looking for someone to share a nice sunny flat on an estate here in lovely Stockwell. £425 per month :eek: I know I know...it's a nice place though with a great sitting room and a little balcony and a nice room for the lucky newbie. We're pretty green and quite politically busy so you know what you're in for. It's coming vacant pretty soon.

Now I'm off to the Climate Camp, I will get back to anyone who replies as soon as I get out of prison :cool: .

room going - denmark hill - literally 5 minutes walk from BR and lovely phoenix pub

£350 per month, bills on top not too much dont think, not paid any yet, 5 others + 1 cat, its a small double - not too bad, bathroom, lounge, garden, its available middle of september, we are really looking for a guy as there are 4 girls already and one of the boys is moving out.

umm what else, PM me if you are interested i guess. see photos on london and south east thread.

melissa

My husband and I are looking for a room from Oct 1- Jan 08. If you have a room available to a couple can you please contact me. Currently its looking like we're going to end up sleeping in our campervan as many of the places who have stated couple friendly on places like gum tree then turn around and say they're only looking for 1 person when we mention we are married. Though we are married we don't watch songs of praise, we like comedies such as Mighty Boosh, Spaced, like music, fancy dress and parties. We also like living with friendly folk so if you have a room you happy to let for 3 mths please PM me.

Cheers,
Kat

co-op said:
Hiya, my first post on these forums and it's a flatshare on offer, me and my woman are looking for someone to share a nice sunny flat on an estate here in lovely Stockwell. £425 per month :eek: I know I know...it's a nice place though with a great sitting room and a little balcony and a nice room for the lucky newbie. We're pretty green and quite politically busy so you know what you're in for. It's coming vacant pretty soon.

Now I'm off to the Climate Camp, I will get back to anyone who replies as soon as I get out of prison :cool: .

Flat has gone.

right! i'm definitely looking for a brixton houseshare in the next three weeks or so. the cheaperer the betterer, but all things considered.

i like internets, cats, growing things like plants, smoking faags (but that may change), being Very Silly Indeed, cooking and cleaning. the latter in 'bursts' (i'm not meticulous, and tend to 'nest' before having a big clearup)...

if you know anyone/anywhere that i sound suitable for, please pm me :)

tar! x

Neko said:
My husband and I are looking for a room from Oct 1- Jan 08. If you have a room available to a couple can you please contact me. Currently its looking like we're going to end up sleeping in our campervan as many of the places who have stated couple friendly on places like gum tree then turn around and say they're only looking for 1 person when we mention we are married. Though we are married we don't watch songs of praise, we like comedies such as Mighty Boosh, Spaced, like music, fancy dress and parties. We also like living with friendly folk so if you have a room you happy to let for 3 mths please PM me.

Cheers,
Kat

Sadly we don't at the moment but just wanted to reply because our c(k)at is called neko!!

single room

Hi! I'm an Italian girl looking for a single room in Brixton/ Tulse Hill, 'cause I've been living there for two years and I like the place.

The problem is: I'm going to stay only for one month - from the 5h of October to the 6th of November...

I don't smoke and I love animals, just I'm leaving my own cat in Italy.

I can pay up to 75-80 pounds per week (incl.)

Two double rooms available SW9

Two double rooms available in Brixton end of Oct/start of Nov - exact dates to be negotiated.

It's a big traditional Victorian house, not modern, but very clean and together and with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties. We have a cleaner, central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, wireless broadband and lots of other funny machines.

There's two girls, one bloke (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative types I suppose, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out. We're football, bicycle, cat and vegetarian friendly, smoking is ok although we dont really smoke much. We work full time so tend to leave any partying to the weekend.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road, a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's etc all within 3 mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard.

Both rooms are double rooms upstairs at the back of the house, therefore pretty quiet with good views of the back gardens. Both rooms have beds and a bit of furniture, though this can be switched around if need be. Rent is set at a very reasonable smug-at-having-no-mortgage rate of £368 a month, plus £40 for bills (which covers everything) - which works out at a bargain £94 a week including bills. One month deposit required too. PM me if you're interested. :)

MrsDarlingsKiss said:
Oi Hatter, you forgot to mention that you get me as flat mate! Form an orderly queue, people! :D
Sorry :oops: Yes, you get to live with MrsDarlingsKiss and she does all the cooking ;)

co-op said:
Hiya, my first post on these forums and it's a flatshare on offer, me and my woman are looking for someone to share a nice sunny flat here in lovely Stockwell. £400 per month :eek: I know I know...but it's a nice place though with a great sitting room and a little balcony and a nice room for the lucky newbie. We're pretty green and quite politically busy so you know what you're in for. It's coming vacant pretty soon.

Well we've had the very lovely Simone staying for the last 3 months but he is disappearing back to Italia just before Christmas - if anyone is looking to move in somewhere about then drop me a PM.

not exactly a flatshare question per se ...

my partner and I are coming to London for a week in January and are looking to let a flat very short-term-like :) ideally from someone or someones who live in a one-bedroom or largish studio in Brixton or nearabouts there (although we're open to other possibilities) who might be away on holiday and wants a bit of extra cash or who just wants to make a bit of extra cash by letting us stay there for a bit ...

as we've both lived in London before (me in Brixton for 2 years and him in Kings X for one) we're really looking forward to coming back and catching up with friends but we're also quite keen to not kip on couches or spend loads and loads on a hotel room when we both love to cook!

if anyone hears or knows of anything or has any other ideas (I've been looking around on the internets but all there seems to be are old farty type places in Knightsbridge or Bayswater, and I really don't want to stay there! I want a lovely old funky ramshackly Brixton apartment!) please let me know -- we're looking for a place from 10 Jan (Thursday) through the following Wednesday and I'm happy to provide folks with any references or reassurances they'd like, from former flatmates, etc ... we can probably spend around 400 pounds or so ... thanks a million!

cheers
Hannah

umm, this is probably too early to start asking, but, very good friend of mine is looking for a flatshare in march 08 in or around brixton - she's not an urbanite (yet) but I can vouch that she is a lovely person, very friendly, can and probably will cook the most scrumptious food, likes a glass or two, is tidy-ish, has a steady job and has a really cute cat - atm she is in temporary digs in north london, which is a crime as most of her friends are down this way. If anyone knows of anything coming up then can you please pm me?
thanks
:)

I will have a lovely big spacious double room up for rent in the flat that I share from 01/03/08..

The flat is just off Streatham Hill. Its very close to Brixton Bus Garage.

The flat is a ground floor garden flat with 3 double bedrooms and two bathrooms. Whoever takes the room will only have to share the bathroom with one other ( it has a wonderful monsoon shower , very powerfull , ) me and my boyfriend have an en-suite..

The room is furnished with bed, wardrobe ,chest, bedside cabinets , but there is still plenty of room for personal stuff.. My dear friend that is moving out actually has an enormous desk and shelving unit in there at the moment. So plenty of space..

The flat has very good social space ( friends do tend to pop round quite a bit) huge living area, with high ceilings , skylights , plenty of windows( so very good light) and patio doors opening out to our own garden. Sky tv ...( we do like our football ) broadband. All mod cons etc.. Large dining table with plenty of chairs. Also able to eat in the Kitchen..

We are a chilled household.. There is myself 33, boyfriend 34 , and one other 24.... Also Kato... the extremly chilled cat of the flat.

We all work full time but still like to have a drink or two in the evenings , we are all pretty social and enjoy going to the pubs etc.. We all smoke ..So smokers welcome.

The rent would be £500 pcm exclusive..
I would also need to have one months deposit up front.

If you think you would like to come and check the place out .. and us !!

pm me..

Cheers

Ractay..

Nice flatshare in Brixton

I have a large double room available for rent in a 2-bed flat on Brixton Hill, 5 mins walk from Brixton tube. Nice flat, reasonable rent. Looking for someone clean, tidy, chilled, reliable and nice! Email me at missrachelwalker AT hotmail.com

edited by Mrs M to thwart spammers

Double room in shared house available next week for six months (after which the house will be emptied for refit). £400pcm excl. It is a sociable, friendly house with big sitting room and kitchen and a small garden, about 10 mins from tube station a little way up Brixton Hill.

looking for room from 18th of April

Hello all,

my lovely friend Julian is relocating to London from Berlin. He's landed a place in a research project (something to do with digital media). Ideally he'd like to find a room around Brixton, Stockwell/ Clapham North, Camberwell Peckham or Vauxhall - and he can pay about £500 per month.
He's a lovely, quiet and self-reliant kind of person, loves to read and walk, is a very good Backgammon player and generally the perfect flatmate.
If you know of anything or have anything going it would be much appreciated if you could let me know!

Cheers,
Anja

Looking for a flatshare in BRIXTON please!!!

Hello I am looking for a nice house in Brixton. I am into the arts, reading, drinking wine, music, cooking and eating! I am friendly sociable person but like to have some time to relax as well and dont fancy a full on party house or anything. My budget is £400 per month hopefully inclusive, but will consider exl if the place is nice enough! I dont mind living with cats or pets, dont mind if people smoke as long as its not too much and making the house smell!!
I specifically want to live in Brixton as I love that place and the nightlife!
OK if you want to get back to me my email is suethapoo AT yahoo.co.uk thanks! :D

Anyone know of a biggish double room going in central Brixton? Its for a couple (me and the wife)...

We're wanting to downsize from our own place in order to actually be able to save a few quid rather than breaking even every month.

We'd like to stay in centralish Brixton and are ready to move in a month but could maybe do sooner or later if need be.

I thank you.

Large double available now, 3 bed garden flat , Streatham Hill..

Available now to rent... Lovely big double bedroom in 3 bedroom , 2 bathroom , garden flat.. Just off Streatham Hill.

If you read my post from before you will get all the info about the flat.

The only change now is that its actually a different room being offered. The room that was originally available is no longer.. Due to the fact that our flatmate decided to stay ( to our delight ):)

So .. the room that is on offer is a large double, furnished, lots of storage , also lots of space for your own things. This room has only just become vacant , as our friend that was staying there has decided to stay on his travels for longer.

The rent is £450 per month ( exclusive )
Deposit is £500..

If you are intrested , I will get back to you asap.

There may also be a lovely double en-suite available in the next month or so... Myself and boyfriend are planning to go to OZ for a few months and are thinking about letting our room out whilst we are away. The dates are not yet confirmed for this... But if you think you may need somewhere to call home for a while... Let me know... Its a great room ..

Ractay

Hi I'm a 3rd Year(final year), 20-yr old student looking for accomodation in Brixton, not TOO far from tube, from beginning of July.

I'm a very peaceful person and respectful flatmate. But also well up for a pint when i can! Big fan of music and listen to most stuff, read a lot and ambition to be a writer/climber/traveller

Hard working student so you won't find me running into your room and pissing in the corner of the room because i think its the loo or something!!!!!!

SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU KNOW ANYWHERE I COULD LOOK!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I need a double room in a house share (ideally 3-5 people). Interested in the following areas: Vauxhall, Brixton, Kennington, Oval, Stockwell, Angel, Old Street/Brick Lane. Can move any time before 1st July.
PM me if you have a room! :)

and so another housemate is lsot to domestic bliss/coupledom, which leaves me with this...

Medium sized double room available in West Dulwich. As an added bonus large box room ( 8' x 6') next door to room for storage/study/music making...

Sharing with 4 others in a large hosue with living room, huge conservatory, kitchen, bathroom and 2nd toilet.

Large garden at back with patio and a pond ideal for bbq's.

Laid back housemates early 30's professionals, more often out of the house than in, we have known each other for a couple of years.

Very near 3/N3 bus route, 10 mins to brixton tube, 10 mins walk to west dulwich station

Rent is £390 a month, bills extra including wireless internet if requried.

Available from the 9th of June

Back
Top Bottom