Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Quirky One Bedroom - Split-level Flat, Tulse Hill SW2

Vacant now!

This original one bedroom - split level flat, based in Tulse Hill central is rented as furnished.

The flat is quiet and cosy with all mod cons. Including TV, phone and Internet (Phone and Internet are optional).

The price is inclusive (of rent, all bills, council tax, phone and internet) is £875 pcm (or £850 without phone/ Internet).

The flat is central to Tulse Hill and situated on the main bus routes, only a couple of minutes walk from Tulse Hill station - and the infamous Railway Kitchen and Bar.

Bus journey into Brixton 5 to 10 minutes. 10 minute walk to Brockwell Park, Herne Hill.

I would like to rent the flat on the basis of at least a 6-month contract preferably.

Please PM me if you would like to arrange a viewing or call Maz -Tel: 07981 380016

Hi, we have a double room available end of june/beginning of july.

THE ROOM
Large, bright more than double size bedroom, with double bed, two cupboards, shelves and plenty of extra space.

Please read all the below BEFORE getting in touch so that you get an idea of what kind of houseshare we are.

THE HOUSE
Large spacious home, with lovely big garden, full of flowers and home grown veggies, where we relax when the weather is fine. Bright house, plenty of light and room to move. Lounge, dinning room, kitchen...... It is a happy home where we watch TV, enjoy our quiet time and basically get away from the hustle and bustle of city life… We all know how to clean up after ourselves and do not disturb each other by slamming doors and blaring music.

THE PEOPLE
Friendly, considerate, clean living and home-loving. It is a mixed house with gay and straight, male and female, and we have a cat (mostly outside). We are all considerate of each other’s space and yet enjoy our times when we get together for a movie, dinner party or a night out... We are all professional people in the Education, Health and Recruitment sectors.

THE RENT
£540.00 pm to be paid on the first day of each new month, we pay monthly not weekly. We require one full month’s deposit. The rent is all inclusive ...(Council tax, water, electricity, cleaner, tv, heating, wireless internet) (£640.00 pm for two to share the room)

THE LOCATION
3mns bus to Brixton Tube, 5 mns bus to Streatham Hill Train Station.
10 minutes on the Victoria Line to Oxford Circus.
On 24hr bus route (159,59,250,118,109,133,333,45), 5 minutes walk to Sainsbury’s and Post Office, stroll away from Brockwell Park...

YOU
Non-smoker (or outdoor smoker), friendly, considerate, ideally over 30 and employed. The room is available for one person wanting lots of space or two friends who want to share . We are not looking for loud party animals, as we have a really calm relaxed happy vibe going.

CONTACT
Helene and PM me for viewing... have a nice windy sunday !

Two-bed, grund floor maisonette in quiet block on Gresham Road (next to the Karibou/Abeng centre). Has small front garden. The bedrooms are large, one big-ish lounge. The guy wants £1000 per month. PM if interested.

Double room in Brixton. Available NOW!

It's a big Victorian house, very clean and together and with lots of character. We have a big garden/patio for BBQs & parties etc. Central heating, washing machine, tv/dvd, broadband etc etc. We also have an amazing Ukranian cleaner who is just brilliant!

There's three blokes, a girl (me) and whoever wants to move in. We're arty/creative types I suppose, quite sociable, like going to the boozer, partying, music, havin mates round etc, just looking for someone who is also fairly chilled out.

We're about 10/15 mins walk from the tube, very well served by buses on Brixton Road (3, 59, 159, 133 etc), a few mins from Jamm, a few mins from the beautiful Myatt's Fields park, also walking distance to Camberwell/Loughborough Junction. Shops, off licence, chippy, chemist, doctor's, cashpoint etc all within a few mins walk. The SW9 postcode makes you look hard.

Rent is £395 a month, plus £40 for bills (which covers everything) - works out at a bargain £90 a week plus bills. PM me if you're interested.

Initally its a available untill 1st September, unless your really lovely then we'll keep you longer :)

I've got a room to rent in west norwood

Friend of mine is looking for a room in a shared flat/house 350-400 pcm.S.London.Any help would be great. :)

It's £350 pcm and available now. The flat is large and spacious and has a garden....I'm a filmmaker and work from home quit a bit...anyway get in touch if you think your friend would be interested...

<Bad idea to put in phone number...snipped by Mrs M

PM this poster if you're interested>

my house will have a room going at the end of july - start of august. double room, fifteen minute walk from central brixton (just off brixton hill). lovely quiet leafy street. sainsbury's just across the main road. sharing with 4 others - three girls & one guy. pretty chilled & quiet during the week but we all party a fair bit at the weekend - me not in the house so much though. really nice place, mostly clean - two bathrooms & separate toilet.

price is 530 but that includes absolutely all bills including internet & weekly cleaner :)o - not my decision).

i just want someone nice, fun n chilled to move in. guy would be good, but girls are always welcome of course.

furnished, double bed etc, park on our road. oh and kanda is our neighbour :)

my house will have a room going at the end of july - start of august. double room, fifteen minute walk from central brixton (just off brixton hill). lovely quiet leafy street. sainsbury's just across the main road. sharing with 4 others - three girls & one guy. pretty chilled & quiet during the week but we all party a fair bit at the weekend - me not in the house so much though. really nice place, mostly clean - two bathrooms & separate toilet.

price is 530 but that includes absolutely all bills including internet & weekly cleaner :)o - not my decision).

i just want someone nice, fun n chilled to move in. guy would be good, but girls are always welcome of course.

furnished, double bed etc, park on our road. oh and kanda is our neighbour :)[/QUO

room wanted around 20th sept

Hard drinking bibliophile seeking a double room... preferably looking for a place with a garden or close to brockwell park. I'm 22, female, interests in the usual: live music, films, pubs, eclectic tastes in most things so we probably share at least some common ground... Would prefer a household that wasn't too intensely proactive to be honest. I'm used to living with actors and writers, so hockey playing 9 to 5ers might intimidate me. Oh, I'm also clean and a pretty good cook.

Available to move around the 20th of September, pm me. Ta x

Room for rent - Lovely Victorian conversion.

Hello!

We are two guys and a girl in our mid-twenties looking for a female flatmate to balance our friendly household. The room is a good-sized double with queen size bed, fully furnished, all inclusive for £600pcm or £138pw.

Located behind Brixton police station, the house comprises of an open plan kitchen/breakfast room with door to yard, reception room, bathroom with shower and four bedrooms. Other benefits include off-street parking, gated front garden, dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, Sky TV, wireless Broadband connection.

£600 pcm inc. bills, available immediately.

PM for details

My lovely female friend (21) is looking for a new house share in Brixton late August/early September.

She likes drinking tea, eating yummy food, the park and reading books. She also enjoys free events, wine drinking and her sense of humour is top notch!

Her budget is around £500 inclusive of bills.

PM'S please x

would it be a crazy scheme if i got a flat in brixton and travelled into kingston every day for uni?

Doesn't look too far on the map, and i like the sound of brixton, home of urban. :)

I want a change of scenery, but also somewhere that feels home-ish. I'm looking for somewhere under £70 a week, with lovely people, for mid september.

My daughter lives near Kingston and it's a very long journey on two buses or a bus ride and train journey. It's do-able but takes ages.

I used to do the trip everyday. It can be quite draining when the trains are delayed (which is pretty frequently ime).

You're best off getting a tube to vauxhall (~5mins) then a train to kingston (~35mins) or surbiton (~25mins)

I used to do the trip everyday. It can be quite draining when the trains are delayed (which is pretty frequently ime).

You're best off getting a tube to vauxhall (~5mins) then a train to kingston (~35mins) or surbiton (~25mins)

thanks! how much did that cost you? the time it takes is fine, and anyway i enjoy sitting on trains :D

thanks! how much did that cost you? the time it takes is fine, and anyway i enjoy sitting on trains :D

I used to get a weekly travelcard zones 2-6 which was just over £22.

Thinking about it now, this was nearly a decade ago. :eek: Can't believe how time flies. :oops:

Just looked it up for you and a student weekly zones 2-6 travelcard is £21.20. That's cheaper than 10 years ago :eek:

£81.50 for the month and £848.00 for the year btw if your interested. :D

I used to get a weekly travelcard zones 2-6 which was just over £22.

Thinking about it now, this was nearly a decade ago. :eek: Can't believe how time flies. :oops:

Just looked it up for you and a student weekly zones 2-6 travelcard is £21.20. That's cheaper than 10 years ago :eek:

£81.50 for the month and £848.00 for the year btw if your interested. :D

eep! yeah, think thats too much for me, i need to live cheaply.

i travelled from brixton to kingston for uni in my third year... its not tooo bad... living in brixton is sooo much better than kingston and its made the transition from uni life to normal work life easier... It's only twenty mins on the train from vauxhall to surbiton, then ten mins walk to pen road... also it helps if you've got a regular crash place in kingston for after bacchus etc :)

living in brixton is sooo much better than kingston and its made the transition from uni life to normal work life easier...

this is what my instincts tell me, but why do you say that?
i do want to be focussed on my uni work, but also want great friends and social life.

i was lonely in my first year and my work wasn't great. i can find other art students difficult to get on with. for company, i prefer animated people to animators, and people who have experienced something other than education. i think living in brixton, and studying in kingston, i'ld be inspired by occupying two different worlds.

on the other hand, i think i've found a flatshare 5 mins away from uni- seems a lot more practical.

Its made the transition easier because my social life didnt revolve around uni events or friends. I have a good balance of those... it turns out a few of my uni friends who would come and visit me and do things around brixton have moved here since finishing uni earlier this summer :)

i really does depend on what you want out it. i just needed to get out of kingston beacuse i was sick sick sick of it and i already had a really decent group of friends here... so it seemed for me the obvious and right and happy for my head and heart thing to do... doesnt mean its right for you tho....

being five mins away from uni is really good when you need to do allnighters in the library and things like that...

Also its easy to think that our lives will magically change when we move... it doesnt always work out like that.... :)

Delightful- One Bedroom Split level Flat, Tulse Hill, London SW2

Fully Furnished One bed flat to rent in Tulse Hill SW2

The flat is quiet and cosy with all mod cons. Including TV, phone and Internet (Phone and Internet are optional).

The rent includes all bills, council tax, phone and Internet.

The flat is central to Tulse Hill and situated near the main bus routes, only a couple of minutes walk from Tulse Hill station- and the infamous Railway Kitchen and Bar.

Bus journey into Brixton 5 to 10 minutes. 10 minute walk to Brockwell Park, Herne Hill.

Would like to rent the flat on a long-term basis preferably.
One Month’s rent and Deposit will be required in advance.

PM for more details/viewing.

Its made the transition easier because my social life didnt revolve around uni events or friends. I have a good balance of those... it turns out a few of my uni friends who would come and visit me and do things around brixton have moved here since finishing uni earlier this summer :)

i really does depend on what you want out it. i just needed to get out of kingston beacuse i was sick sick sick of it and i already had a really decent group of friends here... so it seemed for me the obvious and right and happy for my head and heart thing to do... doesnt mean its right for you tho....

being five mins away from uni is really good when you need to do allnighters in the library and things like that...

Also its easy to think that our lives will magically change when we move... it doesnt always work out like that.... :)

kingston flat is all sorted. im very happy with how its worked out, but i just hope i get on with the other 4 girls!

Single Room 450 all inclusive going

Hi Everyone

Moved out of my room 2 weeks ago, but landlady hasn't found a replacement tenant.

Please PM me if you are interested in a single bedroom in a flat near the bottom end of Railton Road.
Living with one nice, quiet, academic lady in her mid-40s.
Flat is very clean and tidy - cleaner comes once a week and there is washing machine & internet.

£450 all inclusive

Please PM me if you're interested or have more questions.

Lovely people required for our lovely flat in Brixton SW9

Hullo

We are renting out our flat just off Stockwell Rd (Brixton end). Details:

The Flat:
-> Spacious Split Level Maisonette
-> 2 Double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes, stripped floorboards and lots of storage space
-> Huge Living Room with stripped floorboards and large sash windows
-> Huge Kitchen with oven, gas hobs, washing machine, fridge freezer and dishwasher
-> New bathroom with proper power shower and bath
-> Whole property is very light and airy
-> Would comfortably house two couples
-> Nice neighbours

The Details:
-> £1250 pcm plus bills
-> Unfurnished (apart from white goods)
-> Available from early / mid Nov

PM me to come and have a look. Snaps here: http://www.gumtree.com/london/31/29253731.html

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom