Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Probably too early to post this but seems me and Kitty will be looking to move end of April. Really want to stay in the Brixton area or near surrounds if possible. If anyone is planning to leave a place around this time or knows of one coming up would love to hear.

1 couple
Pretty flexible
1-2 bedrooms ideally
Don't need furniture but can work around that
Move in end of April

badger_house_logo.jpg

(prefer not to be near Nando's)

we've just sold our brixton flat and have to move out before we can move into our new place - also in brixton. we'll be homeless/ 'between houses' (if you're that way inclined) for a few weeks. just wondering if anyone has or knows of a short-term let from march 10th onwards, say until mid-end april? let me know...

Badgers said:
Probably too early to post this but seems me and Kitty will be looking to move end of April. Really want to stay in the Brixton area or near surrounds if possible. If anyone is planning to leave a place around this time or knows of one coming up would love to hear.

1 couple
Pretty flexible
1-2 bedrooms ideally
Don't need furniture but can work around that
Move in end of April

(prefer not to be near Nando's)

We still have our eyes peeled.

Hi everyone, I'm also looking in the Brixton area, just me and some books. I can move whenever so even if it's a bit away... I don't smoke, I'm small and I'm not a bad cook. Or if anyone wants to join forces. I've never lived with strangers but everyone seems to want to live East for some reason and I want to be back South...

There really does seem to be a much lower number of places round Brixton than there were a couple of years ago. Got alerts set up on the property websites, checking Gumtree and speaking to a few estate agents but there is little about. What is about near us is damn expensive (like this one bed) with prices for a 1 bed flat seeming to be around £1,000pcm in Brixton.

Really don't want to leave Brixton :( but it is bloody difficult to sort out :mad:

Think you are right, there's much less around.
I still get property alerts from when I moved 2 years ago - haven't bothered to cancel them as there's so little around that I hardly get many anyway these days. (or maybe prices have just gone up so much, that I just don't get many alerts in what was my price range?) I'm dreading having to move again as I don't think I could afford to stay round here.

That place in your link is expensive, but it's a good location - I used to live opposite in Brixton Hill Court always felt OK round those flats & park. The living room sizes will probably be generous as well, since it's ex-council, & those blocks look like they've had some work done recently. Still a lot for one-bed flat though :eek:.

Think you are right, there's much less around.
I still get property alerts from when I moved 2 years ago - haven't bothered to cancel them as there's so little around that I hardly get many anyway these days. (or maybe prices have just gone up so much, that I just don't get many alerts in what was my price range?) I'm dreading having to move again as I don't think I could afford to stay round here.

Trendy Brixton eh?

That place in your link is expensive, but it's a good location - I used to live opposite in Brixton Hill Court always felt OK round those flats & park. The living room sizes will probably be generous as well, since it's ex-council, & those blocks look like they've had some work done recently. Still a lot for one-bed flat though :eek:.

Often hard to judge from Rightmove update as rental properties rarely have a floorplan and often no pictures. I live near there now and would not worry about the flat. Still, once you add on bills and commute costs it is bad.

My friend bought a flat in one of those blocks. They might be absolutely fine but her experience was that the first night she stayed there, she and a friend were chased into the front door and into the lift by three young men who threatened them and called them white bitches. The flat was great but I wonder if there's been a big divide between the have and the have nots on that estate since the newer blocks were built.

Really? Just sold the place after the first night? When was this?

Two or three years ago. She was too scared to stay there again. Luckily it was really her mum's flat, although she had chosen it, so they just put it straight on the rental market and it's been that way ever since.

nagapie said:
Two or three years ago. She was too scared to stay there again. Luckily it was really her mum's flat, although she had chosen it, so they just put it straight on the rental market and it's been that way ever since.

I see. That is a shame but I live nearby and don't see or hear much from there. We lived on an estate before the current place and while we witnessed a couple of hairy incidents they were not directed at us.

Fwiw, I'm not sure waiting for accommodation to be advertised is the right thing to do atm. If agents think you're the right 'type' - in work, not trouble, etc - and they can pidgeon hole you as 'urgent, needs to move by end of this month, nice people' they will let you know when something is "coming up". Building relationships with agents is the key, I think.

London_Calling said:
Fwiw, I'm not sure waiting for accommodation to be advertised is the right thing to do atm. If agents think you're the right 'type' - in work, not trouble, etc - and they can pidgeon hole you as 'urgent, needs to move by end of this month, nice people' they will let you know when something is "coming up". Building relationships with agents is the key, I think.

To a degree perhaps.

The reason for posting here is that some Urbs may be moving out of a place around the time we are looking to move.

Lovely large sunny bay windowed room in relaxed house in Tulse hill available from mid May (poss sooner). The room is unfurnished (well it has a bookshelf and a bedside chest of drawers but needs a bed , wardrobe etc as departee is taking hers with her) We have a big ginger tom who likes lots of fuss and are chilled about the fun things in life ;).. expect a bit of music now and again when I attempt ot DJ. House has a garden and we are very plant friendly. Sky TV, broadband, free landline calls. £500 pcm plus bills (currently £100 pcm). PM me if you are interested

a good friend of mine is looking for a 2 bed gaff in and around Brixton / Tulse Hill area. I reckon would be happy with any of the surrounding areas... Stockwell, Streatham, West Norwood, Camberwell. Is needed asap!

Still looking around to move in somewhere before the end of April.

Ideally want to move into a 1 bedroom flat if anyone is moving out of one.
A large bedroom in a shared house for a couple would also be fine.
Don't need any furniture but can work around that.

Should mention that our 3 bed place on Brixton Water Lane will be available end of April or middle of May.

The landlady used an agency to do our viewing but she manages the property and has been fine.
The contracts and referencing will also be done by the agency.

Back
Top Bottom