Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

I'm looking for a one-bed flat - or a large room in a flatshare, maybe with a study - mid-March onwards. Am female, professional & v reliable :)

Hi all

We have a room for rent in camberwell if anyones interested . Its on Medlar street. c£505 per month including bills.

Send me a message if you want any more details.

Jack

I'm looking for either a one bedroom flat on a fairly long-term basis, or a room in a shared place on a short-term (up to 3 months?) n the Brixton/Denmark Hill/Herne Hill/Camberwell (as long as I'm in Lambeth really. and prefer to not be Streathamwards, if poss) area for just me. I am ideally looking to move no later than the beginning of may, and am getting a bit :eek: about how close this is getting! please pm if you know of anything going?

thanks very much x

My lovely, lovely mate is looking for a room, max budget £400. He works in Clapham Junction, very well house trained, likes to go out and have some fun on a fairly frequent basis but is not a 24hour party animal.

Lemme know if anything suitable comes along! Thanks!

Wow, it's not that long since I last posted here; we've now got another spare room in our shared flat in Herne Hill. This one's a single room, very small but cheap at £300 pcm, details here: http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-hous...-shared-flat-herne-hill-south-london/79295563

My former cohabitants really are moving out for legit reasons. I'm not some kind of sociopathic bang-murderer with a taste for sautéed flatmate, honest :)

Only just saw this. Is it still available? I know someone who'd probably really want it.

Hello
I'm looking for a small one bedroom flat/studio in South London, Brixton area ideal.
Can wire, plumb and decorate if it helps. Would consider a large room in a houseshare.
I'm male, employed, amenable, 49, and housetrained if anyone can help?
Thanks
fairbrass@gmail.com
H

Room for the summer

Does anyone know someone who might be interested in renting a room in a homely flat in brilliant Brixton for the month of July and possibly a few days of August? Its with two lovely girls, really near the centre of Brixton, zone two, Victoria Line. All of that jazz. Best of all if it is really cheap at £400 including everything (I'm even going to donate a lightbulb as there wasn't one when I moved in:) ). If you could pass this around to anyone you think might be interested that would be really brilliant. I'm sad to be leaving this flat and think it would be a great place for someone to set up home for a month. Any questions, speak or text Annie Capper on 07989 444397. Thanks!

Hello, does anyone know of someone looking for a room to rent? I'm moving out of my house share on Railton Road on 16th July so my large double room is available to rent. The house is really lovely with cool, quirky, somewhat disheveled features and comes inclusive of 2 cool, quirky, somewhat disheveled fellas (don't tell them I said that :) ). I currently pay £500 all inclusive but I’m sure that’s negotiable. I'm only moving because of my ever itchy feet but I love the guys and will still be a visitor. If you know someone, can you ask them to give me a call on number removed Thanks xxx

Right, this is a bit of a long-shot. A friend and I* are both looking for somewhere to move to in Brixton in early September. We're either looking for a two bed flat, or two free rooms in an existing house-share, or for someone like-minded to buddy up and look for a three bed flat. £400-500pm, cheaper preferred.

*I: female, work for an NGO, know a fair few Urbanites and can provide a character reference if required.
My friend: male, works in theatre, can also provide a character reference.

We're both relaxed, friendly, lefty people, early/mid 20s. We do like the odd party but are not 24 hour drug machines and respect things like work nights and sleeping patterns. Getting on well with our housemates is really important.

Drop me a PM if any of this seems pertinent...?

Hi, anyone that knows of a 2-bed flat in the Brixton Hill area, 1000-1200 a month?
Then please pm me...safe

I live just off Elm Park currently and am very keen to stay as much in the same area as I can.

Love the way it's described as having excellent transport links and being close to Brixton tube and Herne Hill station... er, yes, if you don't mind yomping.

Dunno, the other 'double' bedroom might be bigger than the one in the photo. Looks like an £1,000 - £1,200 tops place to me. We are round the corner paying less than £1500 for a flat with three (actual) double rooms with gardens. Perhaps the poster should be a bit less greedy :)

Double room available Brixton SW2 from end Sept

My friend is looking for a new flatmate - all the details here. Nice flat, great location and super flatmate of course!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/double-room-in-brixton/86895100

That looks like it might be quite good for me. I have 2 months off work now and once my house is sold I'm cycling round france and I will technically be homeless so I will need somewhere when I get back (end of september), It would only be a short term thing though.

Right, so I'm finally ready to move down south, to Brixton or thereaboutsish. Looking for a double room in a house or flatshare, preferably all inc, for <£450 pcm. This is a big step for a north-Londoner! :D But most of my friends are down that way, so it shouldn't be tooo too much of a shock :)

Hi - Myself, F, and my flatmate, M, are looking to move to Brixton sharpish - we're looking for a 2 bed flat, people to buddy up with or 2 rooms in a larger place if the set up was right. We both work for an NGO, like a good dance and a drink from time to time but know what's important, are respectful and considerate, etc. We're looking for a place to call home for a year. Any takers?

Me and my missus are looking for a one or two bed flat in the areas of Brixton Hill, Tulse Hill, Streatham, and even possibly West Norwood. But we are looking to move ideally in the first week of Jan, which appears to be too far in the distant future for the majority of properties we can see on rightmove/gumtree etc.

Both working. not pets or kids (although we are working on the last one)

I am currently looking out for a local large room or bedsit/studio in Brixton.

For the last 9 years I have been a tennant at the same house, I was in Prague a few weeks ago and my landlords workers who were stripping paint from our windows set the curtains on fire, this then spread to the bed below, the fire burned through one room and into our kitchen. The workers of course did not call the fire brigade who are situated less than a minutes walk from my house and let it burn for some time before breaking in and putting the fire out with water despite mains cables being exposed.

In the process of the fire my little cat was killed and our entire house damaged by the smoke in a drastic way, now our house is uninhabitable and our landlord (whos construction company caused the illegal damage) is refusing to assist with housing us in any way, shape or form and trying to force us to remove our posessions from the house whilst having nowhere to take them or homes.

Currently I am staying with friends, but this is not ideal and I am looking for a large room or something suitable to rent and any options. Have been a reliable tennant for 9 years in the same house and have one surviving cat to look after and 2 lizards as well as a large amount of belongings to try and find a place for.

Anyone know of any options please let me know, times are fairly desperate.

I am currently looking out for a local large room or bedsit/studio in Brixton.

For the last 9 years I have been a tennant at the same house, I was in Prague a few weeks ago and my landlords workers who were stripping paint from our windows set the curtains on fire, this then spread to the bed below, the fire burned through one room and into our kitchen. The workers of course did not call the fire brigade who are situated less than a minutes walk from my house and let it burn for some time before breaking in and putting the fire out with water despite mains cables being exposed.

In the process of the fire my little cat was killed and our entire house damaged by the smoke in a drastic way, now our house is uninhabitable and our landlord (whos construction company caused the illegal damage) is refusing to assist with housing us in any way, shape or form and trying to force us to remove our posessions from the house whilst having nowhere to take them or homes.

Currently I am staying with friends, but this is not ideal and I am looking for a large room or something suitable to rent and any options. Have been a reliable tennant for 9 years in the same house and have one surviving cat to look after and 2 lizards as well as a large amount of belongings to try and find a place for.

Anyone know of any options please let me know, times are fairly desperate.
Sounds dreadful. I can't help with where to stay but if you are looking to establish your rights with regard to your LL then you should get most info you need here http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?3-Residential-Letting-Questions

Back
Top Bottom