Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

*Brixton flatshare thread

Looking for a Flatshare

Hi,

Sorry for double-posting but I didn't notice this thread before.

I am looking for a room in the Brixton area.
I am a 27 years old girl, musician and visual artist, starting a year long
MA course in Goldsmiths University.

Please contact me if you happen to have or hear about an available room
in the Brixton area.

Thanks,
Ohal

ohalgrietzer [at] gmail

lookin to move brix hill area in the next few weeks (anywhere north of The Fridge really, currently live josephine avenue and want to stay round there).

ideally would like to share with no more than 2 people.

i'm 29, clean, sociable, laid back, don't smoke but don't mind people that do and have a decent job...approach me!

anyone got a heads up on a one bed flat /studio, or even a house share with nice people possibly?

lookin to move brix hill area in the next few weeks (anywhere north of The Fridge really, currently live josephine avenue and want to stay round there).

ideally would like to share with no more than 2 people.

i'm 29, clean, sociable, laid back, don't smoke but don't mind people that do and have a decent job...approach me!

If you're female send me a PM and I'll send you my mate's number. I know a shared house which is looking to keep its gender balance. Forget the name of the road but it's the one before Elm Park.

Looking for a new place in Brixton or nearby asap. Currently staying in Brixton Hill with friends of friends, who are really lovely, but this was only ever a stopgap thing. I'd prefer a proper flatshare, rather than living with a resident landlord thanks. :)

Hi...1 double bedroom is available (1st of december) in Brixton Hill.
for a single person: a bright double bedroom overlooking the garden. Built in cupboard, chest of drawers and comfy double bed.
http://www.gumtree.com/london/19/48365819.html
THE RENT
£450 pm, to be paid on the first day of each new month, we pay monthly not weekly. We require one full month’s deposit. The rent is all inclusive ...(Council tax, water, electricity, cleaning, tv, heating, wireless internet, toilet paper..)
THE HOUSE
Large spacious home, with lovely big garden, full of flowers and home grown veggies, where we relax when the weather is fine. Bright house, plenty of light and room to move.
Huge living room, fully equiped kitchen, 2 toilets, one bathroom with bath, plenty storages, room for bikes and off street parking. It is a quiet home where we watch TV, enjoy our quiet time and basically get away from the hustle and bustle of city life… We all know how to clean up after ourselves and do not disturb each other by slamming doors and blaring music…

Send me a PM if interested or have a look to the links to find pics and contact details.
Have a nice day.
Hélène

3 peeps will be leaving my homie house in central brixton in the next month. :eek: ;)

The rents are cheap but you get what you pay for. Anyone who may be interested can PM me and I can fill you in and give you the landlord's number. I've lived in three of his houses in Brixton in the last 4 years and although they are far from perfect it has been great, especially for some.

:p

I'm now a tenant of said landlord and can confirm that his rents are cheap and the houses are basic but pretty decent for the money.

He's looking for two new tenants right now, so if any urbanites are looking, drop me a pm... ;)

That could suit us. We're just looking for somewhere for 6 months while Agent Sparrow gets her job sorted out so we can get back into a place of our own. I think she'll be contacting you.

If anyone else knows of short term rooms for let, let us know!

That could suit us. We're just looking for somewhere for 6 months while Agent Sparrow gets her job sorted out so we can get back into a place of our own. I think she'll be contacting you.

If anyone else knows of short term rooms for let, let us know!

Just to make this more explicit:

Couple looking for room in friendly shared house, Brixton area preferably but surrounding boroughs would also be OK. We'd be looking to stay about 6 months. Extra person for bathroom in the morning rush would not be a problem until I start work, which could well take 4 months from now given that when I do get something I won't be able to start until I'm CRB checked, which seems to be taking a good 2 months at the moment. We're shared house trained, and have a good chocolate brownie recipee. :)

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, I am looking for a largeish room In the Brixton area.
I am laid back, a guy, and a freelance designer and other stuff.
Looking to move asap.
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend lives in Brixton. She seems to really dig it. I put in the London flatshares thread that I'm looking to move to London (I don't know that much about London) in June when my lease/flat finishes. I'm a country bumpkin at heart so the thought of living in London scares me a bit! My lady lives in London so I'd like to move there. Brighton is somewhat limited in job opportunities and London seems to be the place to go.

Hello there
My landlord has decided to sell the house I'm living in, so I've got a couple of months to find somewhere new, preferably in Brixton/surrounding area, preferably a biggish room to fit my drawing set up. I'm an easy going self employed cartoonist/illustrator, currently on working tax credit and so eligible for housing benefit, which seems to be a sticking point with most landlords. Currently paying £380 pcm, so something priced around there would be sweet. If you have anything, or just have advice on how to clear the Housing benefit hurdle, get in touch at Marxtafford@yahoo.com. Cheers

Not strictly a flat-share, but if anyone knows of anyone renting any decent 2 bed places on/around brixton hill area (top or bottom etc), then set me a pm?

cheers

flatsharing advice.

I've just got a job in Brixton so I'm looking to move close to where I work.

I havent lived in London for over 12 years so I'm a bit... nervous about it. Dont really know that many people there.

Started looking around on gumtree, craigslist, and moveflat.
Anyone got any other recommendations for websites to look at?
Are they the most popular three?

The wages for the job are not great, around £17k a year, so I guess £100 a week is my upper limit. I'd prefer to live in a house rather than an apartment.

I dont eat meat so it would be good to share with similar minded folk.
Anyone know if there's a vegetarian cafe with a noticeboard in the area?

All help is very much appreciated... thanks.

Hey, My name is James, I'm looking for a room in a share, with chilled out friendly people.

I'm a Film student at LCC in Elephant. I'm 21 in a couple of months. I like to think that I'm a friendly guy with a decent sense of humor and I'm open minded, I don't like to judge people on the way they like to live, I'll basically be friends with anyone, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, w/e. :)

My Budget is £500pcm inc bills max.

At the moment I'm paying about £450 in Earl's Court but the room is tiny and the journey to college is starting to piss me off and cost a lot.

Also I don't really gel well with the people here, they are kind of work-eat-sleep-repeat types, I'd prefer to live with more sociable people, also the neighbors are these stupid old people that complain to the council whenever they here the slightest bit of noise (the washing machine was on "too" late apparently! I can't even hear it from my room and I live right next to it!) lol, - so basicly I need to get out of there.

If anyone knows anywhere suitable, I would greatly apreaciate anyone hooking me up. - my number is 07-930-916-844

Thanks

not strictly brixton but brockley 30 mins bike ride away...

Hello this is for a medium lenght let up to 9 month (or longer if we decide not to put on market at all -sorry for being vague),

hello we are looking for private tenants for a lovely:

1 bed flat in Brockley in the lovely Conservation area.

Situated on quiet street in Conservation Area - near to Deptford Bridge DLR, Brockley, St Johns and both New Cross railway stations.

1x double-bedroom, kitchen (incl washing machine and dining area), bathroom (bath & shower), seperate good sized reception room. 2 little Balconies with lots of sun, First floor.

Would normally rent for £700 pcm (via estate agent) but will let for £650 pcm excl bills for a couple or £600 pcm excl bills to a single person.

It is overall a smallish flat. but really lovely in a victorian conversion.

We are looking to put this flat on the market aprrox beg of july and hoping to sell it within 9 months. This would mean that we are looking for a very reliable person who will tidy up the flat before viewings and that the estate agent will hold keys as well (viewings will only take place after confirming with you). a little rent reduction from above price may be possible for the right person- :)

cheers choc

Hey all, lookin for a room in brix in the next few weeks - if anyone knows of one going, then please send me a PM...

thanks!

Looking for a room - September onwards

Hey,

I'm looking to move to the Brixton area beginning to mid-September - let me know if you hear of anyone with a spare room to rent!

Val

hi, im looking for a flatshare/room. i want to move out before friday. ideally looking for a small, cheap room in a flat with lovely people. i am friendly, tidy and i like pets and children. please message me if you can help! thanks :)

ok, i definitely need to be out at the end of october now so let me know if you hear of a nice big friendly flatshare going people. preferably not in a party house.

Hello, I'm looking for a room in Brixton or surrounding area - Camberwell/Peckham/Elephant/Stockwell/Kennington/Brixton - you get the idea!
Am folk/trad musician/singer..34, working full time at the moment in music based work...play in a couple of bands...like cooking but don't get a chance to do it
as much as I like...friendly and tidy up after myself...looking for a double room to rent asap! Could move in the weekend...or next week or so :)
please get in touch if you know of anywhere that's ok!

Back
Top Bottom