Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton coronavirus: local help, resources, business closures and news

Just had a bit of a contre temps with some anti vaxx loons by the tube who told me to "take off my diaper."

Jeez.

Just had a bit of a contre temps with some anti vaxx loons by the tube who told me to "take off my diaper."

Jeez.
I'm having a beer at King & Co with some pals and a couple of anti lockdowners walked past 5 min ago and were shouting at passerbys. Not sure why as on other side of road but they were angry about lockdown.

Wonder if it's the same people

....... but they were angry about lockdown.
Haven't they kind of missed the boat on that one now?
It is effectively over and down to personal choice soon (until the inevitable spike and probable reverse ferret from Johnson/Javid)

Haven't they kind of missed the boat on that one now?
It is effectively over and down to personal choice soon (until the inevitable spike and probable reverse ferret from Johnson/Javid)

I think there is a solid core who are so radicalised that they'll keep at it

I'm having a beer at King & Co with some pals and a couple of anti lockdowners walked past 5 min ago and were shouting at passerbys. Not sure why as on other side of road but they were angry about lockdown.

Wonder if it's the same people
Their arguments were: "I had covid once and I'm fine" (therefore it's all a big scam) and "the bloke with the megaphone has got a degree in biology."
And then some nonsense stuff about facemasks being full of killer bacteria or something.

Utter fuckwits.

Their arguments were: "I had covid once and I'm fine" (therefore it's all a big scam) and "the bloke with the megaphone has got a degree in biology."
And then some nonsense stuff about facemasks being full of killer bacteria or something.

Utter fuckwits.

Ahh, I think it was the same people then, as they sounded like they had a megaphone

Ahh, I think it was the same people then, as they sounded like they had a megaphone
Yep. The megaphone guy might have been the Spanish 'expert' and there was about 3 or 4 dour faced, scruffy hangers-on with him, including the diaper guy.

Funny thing is, in a different world we might have got on and shared the same tastes on music/bars/drugs but anyone bellowing that kind of shit in my ear is too far gone to include in any kind of social circle.

Dogstar closed tonight because of Covid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717_000437_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717_000437_com.instagram.android.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 21
Seen these around. Good to see that immigration status etc is not necessary.
It's brilliant, isn't it. They have been doing it for a while. Friend of mine had her 1st one 5 weeks ago and said it was really easy, people really friendly and helpful and she felt at ease.

Lambeth bus

This all looks good to me. As well as Lambeth and other inner city boroughs having no question asked walk in vaccination centres.

I've come across surprising number of people who say to me things like " Im not against vaccine but Im going to wait to see how It pans out" , " I don't think I need it as I'm healthy and haven't caught Covid so far" and "I'm busy but will get it later didn't you say you had side effects from injection?"

So not anti vaxxers but keep giving me different reasons why they aren't against it but aren't going to have it at this moment in time.

I don't really understand this. Vaccine is free. Unlike some other countries not a lot of bureaucracy to get it. Was listening to British person living in Japan on radio. To get this daughter vaccine he had to fill in 6 page form.

Last edited:
This all looks good to me. As well as Lambeth and other inner city boroughs having no question asked walk in vaccination centres.

I've come across surprising number of people who say to me things like " Im not against vaccine but Im going to wait to see how It pans out" , " I don't think I need it as I'm healthy and haven't caught Covid so far" and "I'm busy but will get it later didn't you say you had side effects from injection?"

So not anti vaxxers but keep giving me different reasons why they aren't against it but aren't going to have it at this moment in time.

I don't really understand this. Vaccine is free. Unlike some other countries not a lot of bureaucracy to get it. Was listening to British person living in Japan on radio. To get this daughter vaccine he had to fill in 6 page form.

I dont understand these people's reasoning either. When you read stories like the one below, which seems like a bona fide account, you have to say to actively avoid a free, no questions asked vaccine being administered in their local area, is plain foolish.

I had this offered to ne on Youtube following a rather intense discussion.
Nice to know Zoom can be used make music as well - even if this example is from New York

The Standard's crime reporter just tweeted out that a lot of the covid lockdown regs prosecutions from Jan/Feb are going before the courts around about now. He tweeted some examples and they all seem to be local

Reactions: CH1
The Standard's crime reporter just tweeted out that a lot of the covid lockdown regs prosecutions from Jan/Feb are going before the courts around about now. He tweeted some examples and they all seem to be local

He says these cases are not heard in open court.
I wonder about the persistent Tesco beggar.
Is the lady without assets - in which case the fine is irrelevant, unless it leads to prison.
On the other hand begging at Tescos Streatham Extra may be surprisingly remunerative.............

Just a question about Booster Vaccinations in Lambeth - are people getting their boosters and do you really have to wait the whole six months? I'm hearing that immunity wanes significantly after 5 months and, as I approach that milestone, I'd be interested in getting a booster even thought I don't reach 6 months until December. Is there anywhere in Lambeth where you can get the booster after 5 months?

Back
Top Bottom