Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton coronavirus: local help, resources, business closures and news

What are current arrangements in Brixton for testing?

I had this long 30 minute rambling phone conversation with my GP yesterday covering several issues.
One was I've had bronchitis for several weeks nows.
"Oh?" she says, "Yes" I said "I'm reluctant to book to see the new Mugabe play at the Brixton theatre.
I might have an attack of unstoppable coughing mid-way through the performance. That wouldn't make me very popular" "You'd be even less popular if you gave them all Covid" she said.

The long and the short of it is she now wants me to have a Covid test - because I have a foot appointment at the surgery on Friday. Of course GPs don't deal with testing - but she says I ought to be able to sort it out. I have a computer.

Well yes - Lambeth's website says you can do a walk-in test at Kingshield Pharmacy. They had done my booster and seemed OK. This afternoon however Kingshield said they were out of stock of tests - I should try the council.

En route to our Lambeth Service Centre I dropped in at the NHS gazebo on Windrush Square.
They only do appointments - and the appointment has to be made via the Q code on the van the attendant said.
Not good for a non smart phone user like me. In the gazebo they seemed expect you to do it yourself anyway. I had expected someone with experience to do the swab.

On to the Lambeth Service Centre - who recommended Somerleyton Road, no appointment needed they said.
Is this true anybody?

I've been trying to get tests but everywhere I've tried has been out of them.

End of this month and they aren't free anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: CH1
If you can take the bus to Westminster the testing centre on Great Smith street will do a LFT, PCR and give you a box of home tests.

Reactions: CH1
Back
Top Bottom