Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton coronavirus: local help, resources, business closures and news

Currently it's six months. Text from LambethHubs invited me to book last week for exactly 6 months and a day after jab #2. Haven't heard of anywhere offering 5 months.

I went to the vaccination centre at Kings Hospital in Camberwell for my booster. When I tried to book this weekend it was only nearby one open weekends and with appointments.

Surprisingly empty when I got there. No queue. In and out straight away. Apart from the fifteen minute wait after the jab.

Guys is enormous site. The vaccination centre is in Cutcombe Road off Coldharbour Lane. Don't go to Denmark Hill as you'll have to walk across whole of hospital to get to it. It's called Denmark Hill Vaccination site. Which is confusing.

Last edited:
I went to the vaccination centre at Guys Hospital in Camberwell for my booster. When I tried to book this weekend it was only nearby one open weekends and with appointments.

Surprisingly empty when I got there. No queue. In and out straight away. Apart from the fifteen minute wait after the jab.

Guys is enormous site. The vaccination centre is in Cutcombe Road off Coldharbour Lane. Don't go to Denmark Hill as you'll have to walk across whole of hospital to get to it. It's called Denmark Hill Vaccination site. Which is confusing.

It's King's College Hospital not Guys, but the advice is good. It's where I got boosted. Here's the info from the SE London NHS walk in vaccination website (doesn't seem to have been updated with booster advice)

Kings College Hospital​

• Location: Weston Education Centre, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, Cutcombe Road, SE5 9RJ
  • Day and time: Daily, 8.30am to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 5pm
  • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed
  • Further information: +16s, Pfizer offered. First and second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

You do not need proof of address, immigration status, or an NHS number, though it’s helpful if you can provide proof of age if you look younger than 18.

It's King's College Hospital not Guys, but the advice is good. It's where I got boosted. Here's the info from the SE London NHS walk in vaccination website (doesn't seem to have been updated with booster advice)

Kings College Hospital​

• Location: Weston Education Centre, King’s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, Cutcombe Road, SE5 9RJ
  • Day and time: Daily, 8.30am to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 5pm
  • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed
  • Further information: +16s, Pfizer offered. First and second doses offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

You do not need proof of address, immigration status, or an NHS number, though it’s helpful if you can provide proof of age if you look younger than 18.

Your right. Just edited my post.

The person in front of me at the vaccination centre had no booking number or NHS number. So its a walk in as well. Not sure how they do walk ins. How they now when its time for second dose. Been trying to get friend of mine to get vaccinated in this way. So far he hasn't. This one looks a good place to go as its not busy.

Your right. Just edited my post.

The person in front of me at the vaccination centre had no booking number or NHS number. So its a walk in as well. Not sure how they do walk ins. How they now when its time for second dose. Been trying to get friend of mine to get vaccinated in this way. So far he hasn't. This one looks a good place to go as its not busy.
It's pretty difficult to get the second dose without an NHS number. After the first one you are advised to register with NHS. If you don't, its possible to get the second jab, but only if you know someone IYKWIM. Plus of course there is no record of the person having received any vaccine. So no good for travel/vaccine passport type stuff if they need that.

By all means give credit where it is due:

"While Boris Johnson attributes the success of the rollout to greed and capitalism, the credit should actually go to scientists, experts, NHS staff and volunteers ..."

Who should be applauded for the vaccine programme? Certainly not the Tories

ExPCT0DWgAIylzL

(Source: Twitter)

_122009092_metro-nc.png

_122009093_mail-nc.png

If you try & book a booster via a LambethHubs text, & offered Kennington Montgomery Hall as a location, its currently showing appointments from midnight to 6am on Christmas Day!

(Currently no appointments showing before 22 Dec, nothing Xmas Eve & nothing after 25th Dec)

Not mega local but the OH got one at Centrale in Croydon last week. Results in 40 minutes. This it was with Express Test.
Cheers! Currently trying to get through to one in Kings Cross but they need passport information online - we're not all travelling on passports and they're not answering the phone.

Everyone needs a collect code when picking up a kit from a pharmacy. Simple to get, but do it in advance. Check the pharmacy has supplies- I was in a branch of Boots in the West End on Friday and they had limited supplies (which ran out while i was there such was the surge in the 10 minutes I was there)

Boots had run out when I went to them too. I've used Super drug and the Pavilion one (Brighton Terrace) to collect lateral flow test kits. Both fine using a code.

Re tests for flying, I'm confused. I'm fully vaccinated. Do I need to take a PCR test before flying to Spain on 23rd Dec?

Re tests for flying, I'm confused. I'm fully vaccinated. Do I need to take a PCR test before flying to Spain on 23rd Dec?
You need to check Spain’s entry rules. Every different country has different rules that change frequently at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom