Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton coronavirus: local help, resources, business closures and news

Maybe just good - in the sense of, every little helps - to introduce some wariness about the unlockening.

Even though, as usual, it's mostly going to be the 'already cautious' who become extra cautious. It's still better than nothing.

I know theyre doing their best but, looks like all the test sites open from 9am-4.30pm, which is a pain if you're working. Some late evenings, even once a week would be a massuve help.

It's encouraging that there’s been a rush to get tests though - plenty of people taking it seriously.

My daughter was anxious to get a test - I told her they won't run out, and a day won't make any difference... (she doesn't work outside home).
She was going to meet her boyfriend in central (hasn't seen since early Jan) & they have decided it can wait a bit longer. They are cautious types - it's good to remember lots of people still are.

The swab test is only useful if you do it regularly. One place I sometimes work at does it every morning.

My partner works in school. She got pack of tests to use twice a week.

Its not really much point doing the swab up your nose test unless you are going to do it regularly.

Given what I've seen in Central London the reopening of shops and restaurants is leading to lack of social distancing. Saw China town packed with people today.

Oxford yesterday was rammed like Christmas.

I finished work late so went to Primark at 8.45pm. Still big queues at tills so walked out.

So I expect a spike in cases.

People were not shopping on own. They were treating it as day out with family /friends

It might quieten down but looks like bars restaurant with outdoor seating are busy all day. Saw a lot of people around Soho this evening.

People must be travelling into West end to drink, eat and shop.

Last edited:
Plenty of kits available in Brockwell Park today. Date of birth, address, email and you're good to go. Very efficient, and nice staff. You can also pick up kits for other people in your household.

Footsoldiers4Freedom in the house! Sigh.

Covid-19 anti-vaxx conspiracy kooks return to Brixton tube station

There's a bloke hanging around near the Brockwell park test site asking people questions for his 'independent reporting'. I just overheard his conversation with someone where his questions merged into conspiracy stuff and started going on about lockdowns being pointless. The woman he was haranguing told him she works in a hospital and has seen people die of Covid.

There's a bloke hanging around near the Brockwell park test site asking people questions for his 'independent reporting'. I just overheard his conversation with someone where his questions merged into conspiracy stuff and started going on about lockdowns being pointless. The woman he was haranguing told him she works in a hospital and has seen people die of Covid.

What a knob. Im almost tempted to wander down and confront him.

I noticed someone’s distributed the conspiraloon newspaper (the light something?) around Herne Hill.

Big ad on the back page for David Kurten. The rest is full of anti vacc, Great Reset, Right Said Fred, FOTL nonsense.

I went down to Stockwell war memorial, right by the tube station and picked up self test kits. They also do walk in testing, no queue at all....

Footsoldiers4Freedom in the house! Sigh.

Covid-19 anti-vaxx conspiracy kooks return to Brixton tube station

The guy in the hoodie in the Buzz pics is conspiracy theorist extraordinaire Ramece. I saw him at a protest following the murder of Sarah Everard, where he was loudly calling all the protesters 'love' and 'darling', assuring everyone that he understood all of the issues more than them and loudly hogging his megaphone. He was suggesting that Sarah was anti-vax. I really can't understand these nutters. If a small percentage of people refuse the vaccine they will be ultra-vulnerable next winter, particularly if they live in overcrowded housing. There seems to always be someone spouting conspiracy tosh in the centre of Brixton nowadays.

On the anti vax people outside tube.

Whist these are the fringe group I've chatted to several people I know who are going to refuse Vaccine and refuse to have it for their kids.

When I ask them why I don't get much response.

They aren't conspiracy loons.

On the anti vax people outside tube.

Whist these are the fringe group I've chatted to several people I know who are going to refuse Vaccine and refuse to have it for their kids.

When I ask them why I don't get much response.

They aren't conspiracy loons.
What are they then? They're choosing to ignore medical science in preference to something they've read online, and the leaflets they're handing out are pure conspiracy/right wing/freeeeedom bullshit. As far as I'm concerned they can say and believe in whatever they like, but the concern is that they will persuade vulnerable/gullible people not to take a vaccine which could save their life or spare them from a terrible illness.

Footsoldiers for Freedom my fucking arse.

Back
Top Bottom