Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may as well give up on that idea.. lolz.. no chance Ms creature of habit.

I used to go to the gym! Twice a week. I liked it. But then I got a cold and went anyway because I was so into it and made myself iller for a few weeks and never got back into the hang of it. Then I changed gyms from a lovely one in Wimbledon to the brixton rec one* which was horrible so only went once and that was the end of that.

*I'll show you my ID next time you're round mine. You won't believe how skinny I was. C cup! C cup I tells ya! You could see my clavicles.

there's a gaggle of police looking at a house with some broken windows on Dulwich Road, lots of uniformed ones about an hour ago and still there just now as I cycled by with a load more not in uniforms standing around chatting. Its nice how so many can turn up after the event :rolleyes:

Good news if you want to be fit and frugal - a gym has opened in Vauxhall with £15 per month membership and no contract (but a £20 signing fee). In St George's Wharf (the big office/flats thing next to the bridge) and with machines and weights but no fancy jacuzzi or classes. http://www.thegymgroup.com/take-a-gym-tour-vauxhall.asp

(not Brixton but also not a million miles away)

Thanks for this - had been looking for a new gym, so have just signed up! Got my induction next Wednesday :)

In the highly unlikely event that I would ever join a gym, I would consider the one in the Lido in Brockwell Park.

Not part of an architectural crime scene like the one in Vauxhall.

In the highly unlikely event that I would ever join a gym, I would consider the one in the Lido in Brockwell Park.

I did consider it, but couldn't really afford the fees. Plus Vauxhall is on my way home, walking distance from work so I'll have no excuse not to go!

Agree that St George's Wharf is hideous, though...

I have also considered joining the Lido but would be more likely to attend Fusion in Elephant and Castle except if I wanted to use the pool in the summer.

I have not seen the architecturaly crime scene gym. Or do you mean the boat/sail green glass buildings beside MI5/6? Do you not like them?

I have not seen the architecturaly crime scene gym. Or do you mean the boat/sail green glass buildings beside MI5/6? Do you not like them?

That's the one. They keep multiplying, too. So they keep building extra bits in the same style, the style that was already outdated when they started and was naff in the first instance anyways.

It's true that it's not the most attractive building but there's some good stuff in there. There's a nice new GP surgery with friendly staff and late opening, a cheap as chips gym and a bar with views across the river (although I prefer the little party boat moored on the other side of the bridge along albert embankment).

I think you'd have to be mad to spend £2.5m for one of the flats though. It's next to the river but it's still an island of poshness in a sea of Vauxhall street drinkers and crack heads.

the riverside has silly prices though, especially as its just a Youngs pub made up to look like an ikea showroom.

Besides, apart from the views, that 'estate' is like something out of a JG Ballard novel. There is a flat with a parrot in it though.

Thanks for this - had been looking for a new gym, so have just signed up! Got my induction next Wednesday :)

I told my friend about it today and I think she's signing up, so you might see each other :cool:

It's true that it's not the most attractive building but there's some good stuff in there. There's a nice new GP surgery with friendly staff and late opening, a cheap as chips gym and a bar with views across the river (although I prefer the little party boat moored on the other side of the bridge along albert embankment).

I think you'd have to be mad to spend £2.5m for one of the flats though. It's next to the river but it's still an island of poshness in a sea of Vauxhall street drinkers and crack heads.

If it's the ones I'm thinking of, some of them are council. The same friend sold a dog to a girl in them :eek:

Far end of Brixton Station Road (by Gresham) taped off with police at both ends - looks like the aftermath of a serious incident.

Almost every bloody bike rack was full in Brixton today. I eventually found one outside the training place / M&S. Despite the number of new ones being fitted today, there still don't seem to be enough!

They're all gone from outside bodyshop of course.

(On that note, they've left the paving in a very half finished state up there - loads of temp tarmac and the holes for the trees are proper ugly. anyone know what's going to happen?)

That didn't take you long AJ. Demand exceeding supply makes you the odd one out doesn't it? Are you sure you can't get on a bike or a trike?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom