Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine too. he's in town to play lovebox so it could happen. tickets only available on the door.

there's no reason why hootananny shouldn't be a top notch venue. it's a good space. they've had dawn penn and chas'n'dave recently so i guess they're giving it a shot...

Manu Chao is playing at Hootananny on Saturday night, according to Time Out! It's a benefit for Movimientos and Native Spirit. If it's actually happening, that's going to be an insane show - imagine seeing Manu Chao is such a small venue...!!!! £15 in, but worth it I'd say.

Is this on Saturday 19th?

Manu Chao is playing at Hootananny on Saturday night, according to Time Out! It's a benefit for Movimientos and Native Spirit. If it's actually happening, that's going to be an insane show - imagine seeing Manu Chao is such a small venue...!!!! £15 in, but worth it I'd say.

But I'm not here this saturday! :mad:

Everything's happening this weekend and I'm missing all of it.

*grumps*

Fuck Manu Chao, check out August 21st - THE FUCKING HEPTONES!!!!

And on the 28th - THE CONGOS!!!!!!

I know. You think they'd be any good - I'm worrying that falsetto may have gone into superannuated squeakiness. Better to remember the album(s), or worth a punt for £18.50?

I was told to keep Manu Chao secret a few days ago. And then I turned up for a pint and there were posters everywhere. Pish.

Tickets don't seem to be available in advance either. Doors 7.30, after the Country Show of all times. Would suspect that it'll be rammed. For the more economically minded of you, it's likely they'll leave the other bar and garden open for the non-payers.

Nah, I think (unless the posters lie in both wording and pics) that it's the full original line-up. Myton and Burnett both rejoined in the late 90s iirc and it's likely they've done the same again, with a revival tour a few years back.

Just not sure if the voice will have lasted as well as I'd like. Falsetto vocals can be uncomfortable if they're not on the money.

Good news for us all if the Hootenany continues to pull in acts of that quality.

Really sad I'm going to miss Manu Chao... something I've managed to do many many times over the years.

A mate came over to my place yesterday off of Landor Road. He came into the house, said hello, I gave him a visitor's permit so he could park in the street (took about 45 seconds) and went outside to put it into his car.

The traffic wardens twunts were already there taking a picture of this car and writing out a ticket!! They had followed him down the street, waited till he went into the house and dived out to write the ticket. They stopped writing it out when they realised how scummy they looked.

Fucking parasites.

:mad::mad::mad:

Heh. Did this actually appear listed in Time Out then? They've hurriedly taken the posters outside the pub down, being told they weren't allowed to promote this gig. But they had it listed in Time Out. Whoops!
:D

Still, they've been hurriedly extending the stage this week with a few of the staff looking worried. A fair few of them realise that trying to sell tickets on the door, on the same day as the Country Show, may be a fucking nightmare. Rumours are that they're looking to sell over 500 tickets, which would seem to imply that (a) both bars will be uncomfortably packed (b)A lot of people will have restricted or no view in the back bar. (c)The whole pub has to be cleared out for £15 ticket paying customers. On the day of the Country Show. Or maybe they really think they can sardine 600 odd people into the main bar with all seating removed?

I don't think anyone has really figured out how it's going to work yet. Get there early and prepare for some disorganisation if you do want to go

Heh. Did this actually appear listed in Time Out then? They've hurriedly taken the posters outside the pub down, being told they weren't allowed to promote this gig. But they had it listed in Time Out. Whoops!
:D

Yeah it's in there and online with a recommended asterisk.

The cyclist who was knocked off his bike on Dulwich Road on Sunday afternoon is described as critical according to the SLP

A mate came over to my place yesterday off of Landor Road. He came into the house, said hello, I gave him a visitor's permit so he could park in the street (took about 45 seconds) and went outside to put it into his car.

The traffic wardens twunts were already there taking a picture of this car and writing out a ticket!! They had followed him down the street, waited till he went into the house and dived out to write the ticket. They stopped writing it out when they realised how scummy they looked.

Fucking parasites.

:mad::mad::mad:

complain. vociferously.

Yeah it's in there and online with a recommended asterisk.

One thing's just struck me about Manu Chao - they're meant to be on stage headlining Lovebox at 8.30 on Saturday. And that's in Viccy Park folks.

I'm beginning to get a little more sceptical about this one. Turn up at 7 to get your tickets and then stand around a pub cleared of all furniture until they turn up much later on.

Hmm. I was assured it's still on yesterday, but my fuckup antennae are a buzzing

complain. vociferously.

Just done it. Made my self sound like a right twat, signed off with:

Although I expect very little to be done on the back of this complaint, note that although I realise local council votes have recently been cast, people have long memories and a disgruntled resident is far more vocal than a content one.

Made me feel better though.

Some very efficient traffic wardens were already there taking a picture of this car and writing out a ticket!! It was good to see them there, making sure parking spaces are only used by those who are entitled to them. Having paid for a permit, I don't want to come home to find my street full up with illegitimate parkers. They had diligently followed him down the street, waited till he went into the house and dived out to write the ticket. They were really on the ball. Of course, when they realised that he did in fact have a permit, they pursued the matter no further, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Keep up the good work!

:cool:

I edited your post for you. I think it reads better now. Hope you don't mind.

So judging by that Manu will be on about 2am. If they're finished by 10pm up north, then I guess that's plenty of time for them to get there. And five hours of bar take for the venue if doors are 7pm! Unless, of course, you can get your ticket, then nip off for a meal, go to Offline and get back to the Hootacanning for midnight or so. Sounds very civilized. I wish I could go.

I edited your post for you, hope you don't mind.

:rolleyes:

come on, he did say "Of course, when they realised that he did in fact have a permit, they pursued the matter no further, and everyone lived happily ever after."

how would you have felt if your mate couldn't park because someone was already there without a permit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom