Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just walked through. police evacuating tube station and asking pedestrians on high rd to leave town centre. quite a few plain clothes with walkie talkies, some checking out behind the tube station. :eek:

Just walked through. police evacuating tube station and asking pedestrians on high rd to leave town centre. quite a few plain clothes with walkie talkies, some checking out behind the tube station. :eek:

Wonder what that's all about :confused:

Something odd's going on. I flew into Heathrow T2 this afternoon and we were kept on the plane at the gate for an hour and a half because of a security alert - first we were told it was a suspect package and then that it was an actual bomb. Eventually I get back to Brixton just as the tube is being evacuated (I must have been on the last tube in).

And I can find nothing about either event on any news channel.:hmm:

I flew into Heathrow T2 this afternoon and we were kept on the plane at the gate for an hour and a half because of a security alert - first we were told it was a suspect package and then that it was an actual bomb. Eventually I get back to Brixton just as the tube is being evacuated (I must have been on the last tube in).

Do your travels often "coincide" with security alerts?

ah, I was leaving pub just before 8.00 and wondered why so many people were walking up the Hill. Strange though, 'cos traffic was still coming up :confused:

I like brixton chitter-chatter, but can i make a suggestion? how about a thread for brixton traffic/helicopter chitter-chatter and another for the rest (ie proper juicyish)?

It was very odd because my tube came into the tube station (at about 7.45) as they were doing that. So as I got to the top it became clear that they were evacuating the tube but had forgotten (or not had a chance to yet) stop the trains.

Definitely looked like a bomb scare to me from the size of the area cordoned off and the way they were doing it. I wonder what it was?

I like brixton chitter-chatter, but can i make a suggestion? how about a thread for brixton traffic/helicopter chitter-chatter and another for the rest (ie proper juicyish)?

The helicopter needs a thread of its own for sure

The good people of Myatts Field Estate (us included) have pretty much had no hot water for two weeks now.

The managing company keep fobbing me off and blaming the contractor EPS who claim to be trying to fix the problem but will not give any information and try to pass the buck to the managing company.

Myatts Field North Tenant Management Organisation
40-41 Foxley Square, Myatts Field North Estate SW9 7RY
Estate manager: Abiola Olatunji 020 7926 8355

I can see a slightly heated call on Monday morning. If the call does not give me satisfaction then I will have to get hold of the contracts set up with this company (EPS) and see if someone is man (or woman) enough to tell me the truth. I wonder what the next step is, perhaps I should go to the press (not Murdoch) and try to ruffle some feathers.

Stinky Badger today

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom