Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right. What have you done to him? :mad:

I call him Dom (hence the confusion)

I haven't touched him since that night he was drunk! :mad:

Maybe that's what's put him in a bad mood... :p

I may have knocked down a magazine rack reaching for chewing gum, but it was his cohorts he was being annoyed with, in foreign.

Chewing gum should be more appropriately positioned for short people.

I haven't touched him since that night he was drunk! :mad:

Maybe that's what's put him in a bad mood... :p

I may have knocked down a magazine rack reaching for chewing gum, but it was his cohorts he was being annoyed with, in foreign.

Chewing gum should be more appropriately positioned for short people.

chewing gum should be banned - maybe that's why he's in a mood ;)

what did he do when he was drunk? :eek:

Electric Avenue is having an 'arts and crafts' day. There are very few people in attendance - possibly as a result of the really poor advertising. The highlight for me is the stall offering 'DJ Skillz' - it is very handily located right outside my house.

The good people of Myatts Field Estate (us included) have pretty much had no hot water for two weeks now.

The managing company keep fobbing me off and blaming the contractor EPS who claim to be trying to fix the problem but will not give any information and try to pass the buck to the managing company.

Myatts Field North Tenant Management Organisation
40-41 Foxley Square, Myatts Field North Estate SW9 7RY
Estate manager: Abiola Olatunji 020 7926 8355

I can see a slightly heated call on Monday morning. If the call does not give me satisfaction then I will have to get hold of the contracts set up with this company (EPS) and see if someone is man (or woman) enough to tell me the truth. I wonder what the next step is, perhaps I should go to the press (not Murdoch) and try to ruffle some feathers.

Stinky Badger today

:)

Hi Badgers,

I'm a Councillor for Vassall Ward (the new one.... :) ).

I raised the hot water issue over two weeks ago with Housing, and was informed on 18th June that it had finally been reinstated. I asked a couple of people on the Tenants and Residents Association if it had indeed been sorted (not that I don't trust Lambeth...) and they seemed to think it had. So it's disappointing to hear there's still problems even now.

Can you email me on sbradley@lambeth.gov.uk with your details and I'll give you a call and get onto Housing tio get it fixed ?

Thanks,

Steve
(Cllr Steve Bradley - Liberal Democrat, Vassall Ward)

It looks like he's trying to be helpful to me. Your comment definitely isn't helpful and your cynicism deeply depressing.

You beat me to it.

Bluestreak's position is that he wants politicians to do nothing (or at least say nothing).

Which logically means he either wants:
a) No elected politicians - so a dictatorship or some sort...
b) Elected politicians who do nothing, or
c) No government at all.

Personally I think the more politicians are out there chatting to the public who elect (and pay) them the better.

You beat me to it.

Bluestreak's position is that he wants politicians to do nothing (or at least say nothing).

Which logically means he either wants:
a) No elected politicians - so a dictatorship or some sort...
b) Elected politicians who do nothing, or
c) No government at all.

Personally I think the more politicians are out there chatting to the public who elect (and pay) them the better.

I have met Steve and he is a top bloke.
Superman could not fix all the problems facing the Vassal ward overnight.

Urban is a tricky place to post for many and I would rather have a politician who speaks to people than one that hides in an office.

2p worth

Noticed yesterday that they've stuck a mobile phone mast near the tennis courts in Brockwell Park. Don't know if it's a permanent fixture, don't you need planning permission?

Noticed yesterday that they've stuck a mobile phone mast near the tennis courts in Brockwell Park. Don't know if it's a permanent fixture, don't you need planning permission?

Planning rules for mobile phone masts are pretty bizarre - unless it's decided they detract from the street scene or are too ugly, they get permission (i think). Councils can't refuse permission because of health concerns.

OK this is very very localised...

Mrs Bob and I had a housewarming party for our neighbours on Railton road on Saturday night. A bunch of them turned up and we had a very nice time.

If any of you are out there reading this then hello! :)

Our house was taken over by children - helpfully the four year olds created a game where they cleaned our floor. :D

Planning rules for mobile phone masts are pretty bizarre - unless it's decided they detract from the street scene or are too ugly, they get permission (i think). Councils can't refuse permission because of health concerns.

Why is that bizarre?

Spider bite update: The Italian had to visit hospital for three days in a row, to get intravenous anti-histamines, cortisone, and something else he couldn't translate. The area around the bite had swollen up to the size of, well a large thing. A&E thought the spider had come over in fruit crates and survived the British weather.

Indeed, apparently he saw it (small, innocent little black spider thing) on his upper arm, brushed it off and it jumped onto his wrist and sunk its teeth in.

Oh and 'Revenue Inspectors' were at the bus stop outside the Housing Office today. With 12 policemen in support, all to arrest the one bloke who vocally objected to the 'show me your ticket or we'll nick you' attitude of the revenue people. What a waste of time.

What I don't understand about the new pavements is why it was necessary to rip up all the slabs near carphone etc which seemed perfectly fine only to replace them exactly as it was before. I thought as that is where one of the traffic bottlenecks is, they would have tackled that?

Yeah, that didn't make sense. They are altering the kerb line there, though.

I just wish they'd knock through the money exchange in the last railway arch so the pavement can go through instead. That's a nasty bottleneck.

What I don't understand about the new pavements is why it was necessary to rip up all the slabs near carphone etc which seemed perfectly fine only to replace them exactly as it was before. I thought as that is where one of the traffic bottlenecks is, they would have tackled that?

I think they were doing something to something under the pavement, weren't they? I seem to remember quite a large hole being dug there in the past little while.

Manu Chao is playing at Hootananny on Saturday night, according to Time Out! It's a benefit for Movimientos and Native Spirit. If it's actually happening, that's going to be an insane show - imagine seeing Manu Chao is such a small venue...!!!! £15 in, but worth it I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom