Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the josephine ave end of leander, just after we turned in. Yep, always felt a bit uneasy round there. Not lost too much - no cash left as it was the end of the evening, but lots of hassle with cancelling cards, phones etc, and am a bit bruised.

It was the josephine ave end of leander, just after we turned in. Yep, always felt a bit uneasy round there. Not lost too much - no cash left as it was the end of the evening, but lots of hassle with cancelling cards, phones etc, and am a bit bruised.

Most of the roads on that side of the Hill are dodgy as they have blind corners.

Glad you didn't lose too much. Why lots of hassle cancelling your cards? Shouldn't one phone call do it?

well, not having cards for a week is a pain, losing my phone with numbers on more so, and having to get my locks changed as my keys were in my bag and i couldn't say for certain that my address wasn't in my bag somewhere was the biggest nuisance, and kind of scary thinking someone has all that stuff of yours. Yep, individually small hassles, together it seems like quite a bit. Not the worst I know. I just wanted to give a bit of a warning, not moan.

The traffic in the High St is getting worse not better!! :( It takes me on average 5-10 mins longer on the bus each morning!!

Also, you can't actually push the button for the pedestrian crossing by Morleys cos of a fucking fence around the lights!!! Dipshits!!

Yup, I just get off the bus outside the town hall now; it's quicker to walk from there to the tube than to stay on the bus till the main stop.

well, not having cards for a week is a pain, losing my phone with numbers on more so, and having to get my locks changed as my keys were in my bag and i couldn't say for certain that my address wasn't in my bag somewhere was the biggest nuisance, and kind of scary thinking someone has all that stuff of yours. Yep, individually small hassles, together it seems like quite a bit. Not the worst I know. I just wanted to give a bit of a warning, not moan.

yeah, I know, I lost mine a while ago, but I just ring a number and they do all the cancelling for me.

I carry my phone in my pocket and if I'm out late at night, I try to make sure I've got keys in pocket as well.

Yup, I just get off the bus outside the town hall now; it's quicker to walk from there to the tube than to stay on the bus till the main stop.

Loads of people are doing that now. I can't see any advantage in all these works other than getting a wider pavement

Loads of people are doing that now. I can't see any advantage in all these works other than getting a wider pavement
That's why they're doing it :)

At the moment, traffic has to squeeze past the works by the crossing. once they're done there, things might speed back up a little.

what exactly is his beef with the Irish anyway? :D

To be fair to him, he also thinks white pussy should go home.

At the moment, traffic has to squeeze past the works by the crossing. once they're done there, things might speed back up a little.

It might a little, but what we've gained in pavement we've lost in bus space and there wasn't any of that to spare. Next they will move all the bus stops away from there and the pavement won't need to be as wide as it is now because it won't be full of people waiting on buses...

Meanwhile I keep forgetting to get off the bus at the town hall, but I reckon it's as slow either way.

Yes I know, but I'm not convinced that even once the works are finished that things will speed u Now the road is narrower, you only need one bus to not pull in properly thus preventing anything else getting round it

yep. bus drivers need to learn how to park properly/use the full length of the stop :mad:

yep. bus drivers need to learn how to park properly/use the full length of the stop :mad:

Very true, but often because there's so many buses on that stretch they don't and so let passengers off and then all the buses stuck behind have to wait for passengers on buses in front to get off. Otherwise, they just have to sit still until they are able to park properly which also holds everything up behind

You didn't get that trouble with Routemasters

Those of you living nearby the parade of shops near the Hobgoblin (at the bottom of Tulse Hill - not on Brixton Water Lane) - watch out for some friendly faces opening up a 2nd branch of their shop (so rumour has it). :D

Spotted Elizabeth Berrington walking down Railton this morning and then in Boots. She put her sunglasses on when someone recognised her.

Elizabeth who?

But if we're minor celeb spotting, Daisy Haggard often has a coffee in the Lounge and she's lovely to chat to.

daisyhaggard2.jpg

175family_business_berringt.jpg

This woman (and yes, I did have to go and hunt through my old messages to remember her name, as I had no idea). She was in Abigail's Party and is a relatively frequent face on the telly when I watch it.

175family_business_berringt.jpg

This woman (and yes, I did have to go and hunt through my old messages to remember her name, as I had no idea). She was in Abigail's Party and is a relatively frequent face on the telly when I watch it.

I've not seen Abigail's Party. What else has she been on?

put her sunglasses on when someone recognised her

Did she expect to be trampled by fans then? :confused:

Heaps it seems

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077397/

I have previously said hello to her in the way that you do with someone you think you have a passing acquaintance with and then realise that you've just seen 'em on the telly. Perhaps she thought I was her stalker? But sunglasses in doors, tsk.

Tell her most people you've spoken to don't know who she is so she can ditch the glasses ;)

That's not her! She wasn't born when Abigail's Party happened...unless there was a child actress in it and I'm sure there wasn't....

This is the Abigail's Party woman. Abigail's Party was Mike Leigh and the lead actress was then his wife and this is she.....the fabulous Alison Steadman.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Steadman

Well how would I know, I've NEVER seen Abigail's Party :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom