Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth who?

But if we're minor celeb spotting, Daisy Haggard often has a coffee in the Lounge and she's lovely to chat to.

daisyhaggard2.jpg

I saw her a few times a few months ago and couldn't work out whether she was familiar from telly, or just familiar.

mark little AKA Joe Mangle from neighbours was in the pub in kennington last night....managed to have a quick chat with him. struth! rack off bouncer! it made my day that did.

mark-little-2003-october.jpg

<sigh> Another contretemps has broken out in the street, with one fucking twat of a kid getting out his knife.

I hope it opens up in his pocket later and cuts off his knob.

It seems something happened in Shakespeare Road last night as well.

Lots of police tape and car with police guarding the scene this morning...

Get into work in Soho this morning and exactly the same thing outside my office.

Lovely welcome back to London from holiday.

Get into work in Soho this morning and exactly the same thing outside my office.

I completely missed that as I cycled up Railton road this morning - which part of Shakespeare was it?

When I passed there was one lonely policewoman sat in front of the last set of flats on the left hand side. They'd taped off the bins, so I imagine / guess that something had been dumped there, rather than an incident occuring there. That was early though (8am).

Alice in Wonderland in the Walled Garden

For anyone confused by the stray references to Alice in Wonderland in the Lido breakfast club thread:

It's a play for kids being put on by Brixton St Vincent's Community Centre.

For those who haven't managed to see a flyer, the details are at:
http://www.bsvcc.org/summer.html

Was the thing in Soho outside a Costa coffee? If so do you know what happened, because I've been wondering all day.

I bumped into a Brixtonite at a cooking course in Laos last week who is friends with a well-respected U75 mod.... :eek:

can't bloody get away from you lot... :mad::D

has anyone been into "Ivan's Retreat"? WTF sort of name is that? Paint job and a name change, but I bet it's still a rubbish boozer. Can anyone ever remember it being any good? I've lived here about 12 years and been in there about....erm...once!

has anyone been into "Ivan's Retreat"? WTF sort of name is that? Paint job and a name change, but I bet it's still a rubbish boozer. Can anyone ever remember it being any good? I've lived here about 12 years and been in there about....erm...once!

Is that the Irish pub?
Was almost tempted to check it out.

What do you mean "still a rubbish boozer" ?

The Goose was quality :mad:

Along with the Beehive, they were the only two unpretencious, yuppy-free pubs left in Brixton. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom