Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, naughty little new boys who make nasty remarks about our local economic entrepreneurs don't get hobnobs, and especially not chocolate ones. Go and sit in the corner and don't post until posted to.

:p

Came past the Ritzy about 15 minutes ago on a bus and there were a lot of blue flashing lights of various emergency services parked up outside, any idea what that was about?

Dunno but I walked past about 30 mins ago and there were four or five police cars parked up outside KFC, then an ambulane shot up coldharbour la towards the hospital. Not sure it means owt really - nobody seemed too concerned.

What's going on at the Albert? They've pulled the wooden bits of the front and then glued them back on every day this week and it still looks exactly the same :/

I bet you'll still get people pissing in your doorway though nipsla :(

To be honest I thought I'd seen it all but last night as I was coming back home there was some bloke wandering along Electric Lane pissing as he walked :eek: I'd almost rather he pissed on my doorstep than that! He almost caught some poor child direct in the face :mad::mad:

But you're quite right though :rolleyes:

To be honest I thought I'd seen it all but last night as I was coming back home there was some bloke wandering along Electric Lane pissing as he walked :eek: I'd almost rather he pissed on my doorstep than that! He almost caught some poor child direct in the face :mad::mad:

Sorry, but that's the funniest thing I've read all day :D

Does anyone know why there are SO MANY Welsh staff in Brixton Lidl?

Got to love the police's assertion that the Fridge bar was a 'gangland haunt' though, which makes it sound way cooler than it actually was.

Bumped into the new/old owner of Atlantico yesterday and he was looking surprisingly relaxed about returning to the place. Opening's in a week and a half by all accounts, with a mediterranean theme (slanted towards Italian) aimed at again. Wish him all the best - it's not going to be an easy challenge, particularly in the present climate.

The Dogstar's publicising it's new Sunday menu too, with all mentions of El Panzon now thoroughly removed. It looks as though they've poached nearby Honest Foods from Mango Landing, to offer roasts on Sunday. No mention if they intend to open the kitchen other days.

Our local McDonald's is undergoing a facelift... er...
This is the branch at the Butterfly Walk in SE5:

SP_A0267-1.jpg

It is a bit, aye.

Slightly out of Brixton... sorry about that, thought it might amuse.

The BRIXTON one (yes, the one that is in Brixton, NOT Camberwell :p) has also has a revamp - if you could call swapping garish red for khaki green a revamp

Maybe you should ask Editor for a separate Camberwell froum ;)

The BRIXTON one (yes, the one that is in Brixton, NOT Camberwell :p) has also has a revamp - if you could call swapping garish red for khaki green a revamp

Maybe you should ask Editor for a separate Camberwell froum ;)

they've made the seating look all cool and trendy, and welcoming, like they want you to hang around, or like it's a proper restaurant selling actual food.

4am Sunday shenanigans on Brixton Rd?

Driving back home south down Brixton Rd very early this morning - about 4 - it was closed off in both directions - looked to be the section between Normandy Rd and Loughborough Road - 3 vans of coppers and a number of stopped buses.

Anyone know what it was all abaaaht?
*hoping not another stabbing / shooting / death* :(

Saint Francis, the newly relaunched restaurant from the people wot run Atlantico, had its soft launch this Saturday, opening up to friends and well wishers.

Not sure when they open fully though. I would guess by this coming weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom