Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Francis, the newly relaunched restaurant from the people wot run Atlantico, had its soft launch this Saturday, opening up to friends and well wishers.

Not sure when they open fully though. I would guess by this coming weekend.

Where is it?

It's on Atlantic Road unsurprisingly, where Atlantico/Atlantic 66 used to be. Roughly where the Lounge was before it moved. Opposite Neon/Bar with No Name/Tangeir and the Atlantic Bakery.

<go down Atlantic Road past the railway station, then cross the traffic lights by the Dogstar and carry on walking>

It's on Atlantic Road unsurprisingly, where Atlantico/Atlantic 66 used to be. Roughly where the Lounge was before it moved. Opposite Neon/Bar with No Name/Tangeir and the Atlantic Bakery.

<go down Atlantic Road past the railway station, then cross the traffic lights by the Dogstar and carry on walking>

Ah - I know where you mean - I thought you were saying that the people who ran Atlantico had opened a new place instead of rebranding

Nah, I didn't realise, but the owner of Atlantico (R) leased the property out to the crew who ran Bar 628. They've taken it back it over again.

Saint Francis, the newly relaunched restaurant from the people wot run Atlantico, had its soft launch this Saturday, opening up to friends and well wishers.

Not sure when they open fully though. I would guess by this coming weekend.

Yep - this weekend apparently. Word has it that the food was good at the launch (was meant to go along but forgot :rolleyes:). Am going to try and check it out this weekend :)

I spotted a couple of young bike thieves with a pair of bolt croppers working around Dulwich Road / Prince Regent on Tuesday night. About 12 years old. Tsk. Youth Today etc.

I spotted a couple of young bike thieves with a pair of bolt croppers working around Dulwich Road / Prince Regent on Tuesday night. About 12 years old. Tsk. Youth Today etc.

hmmm Having witnessed that did did you then warn off a bloke who was locking up two bikes to the lampost outside at about 7:45pm?

I imagine you've discussed this before but I'm new to the site and I've been curious about this for a long time. Does anyone remember or know anything about some weird singing in Halfords/Currys ? car park. Went on for a good few weeks late at night one summer. Sounded like a religious gathering - sometimes up to about 50 people. I'm trying to remember when it was. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, perhaps more. It used to keep me awake at nights. Wondering now whether I imagined it, but I don't think so.
Can anyone help?

Yep - this weekend apparently. Word has it that the food was good at the launch (was meant to go along but forgot :rolleyes:). Am going to try and check it out this weekend :)
The chef used to work at Atlanticos when it first opened. The food was very good.

Saw something new this evening coming past on the bus in the park opposite Olive Morris House.

A guy sitting on the trunk of a fallen tree, having a lot of fun with what appeared to be a single bongo.

Bizarre place and time to be bongoing.

Saw something new this evening coming past on the bus in the park opposite Olive Morris House.

A guy sitting on the trunk of a fallen tree, having a lot of fun with what appeared to be a single bongo.

Bizarre place and time to be bongoing.

I trust you telephoned environmental health/noise control immediately.

*cross-thread baiting that I wouldn't normally consider removed*

I still say it was a perfectly reasonable time and place to bongo.

This sort of cross-thread baiting is normally frowned upon, it's not pleasant.

I've just seen the sun come out from behind the cloud for the first time today. Might as well not have bothered since it'll be going down in a couple of hours.

We went to st Francis today. The pizzas were good, and reasonably priced. they said they'd be gradually increasing the menu. Personally I'm not sure if that's necessary. A place doing good pizza at reasonable prices seems to be what's missing from Brixton and the current menu (a range of pizza, some nice looking starters, some pasta/risotto and a small selction of other things) seems good to me. maybe an additional specials menu would be sufficient. anyway - main thing is the pizza was good (we thought)

We went to st Francis today. The pizzas were good, and reasonably priced. they said they'd be gradually increasing the menu. Personally I'm not sure if that's necessary. A place doing good pizza at reasonable prices seems to be what's missing from Brixton and the current menu (a range of pizza, some nice looking starters, some pasta/risotto and a small selction of other things) seems good to me. maybe an additional specials menu would be sufficient. anyway - main thing is the pizza was good (we thought)

Do you know what the opening times are? Is there a website?

Tried to go at lunchtime Wednesday and although a bloke inside (handyman?) said it would be open at 1pm, by 5 past no one had turned up and we gave up and went to the Lounge.

It could do with a menu and opening times outside to offset those foreboding shutters.

Thanks. Only open for lunch Sat/Sun by the look of things.

Really - where's that from? It says on the site:

OPEN Tuesday-Thursday 5pm-midnight
Friday 5pm-2am
Saturday midday-2am
Sunday midday-midnight

weekend breakfast and brunch: midday-3.30pm
dinner: 6.00pm-11.00pm

and their evening menu looks yum!

Friday 5pm-2am
Saturday midday-2am
Sunday midday-midnight

Think they meant that Sat & Sun are the only days it's open for lunch.....the rest of the week they only do evenings.

I'm guessing that they think there's not much point competing against Franco Manca for example - they compare badly on cost and absolute quality with the pizzas

They could try and go for a cheaper lunch meal with a cut down of the evening non-pizza options, but I can understand their reluctance to build up costs at this stage. Maybe they'll do it if it takes off more, particularly at lunchtime w/es

Friday 5pm-2am
Saturday midday-2am
Sunday midday-midnight

Sorry - poor drafting on my part. "Only" in wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom