Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of leafletters has anyone taken a leaflet or magazine from the people who seem now to be permanently stationed between sainsbury's and M&S? Are they some kirky thing?

Wouldn't that put them in the middle of the road...? :confused:

Eeurgh. Someone's put the plate glass window of Universal Touch hairdressers through (on Coldharbour Lane) and there's a lorra blood about.

Just walked passed the Prince and there is what appears to be a repossession notice dated yesterday in the window. Curtains all shut and very much closed so looks like it may be no more. I think from what the notice says it implies Dex is part of that notice but I can't really be 100% :confused::hmm:

In case anyone was going to the Academy tonight or tomorrow (British Sea Power and Manic Street Preachers) the gig's been postponed till January cos of illness.

Going past KFC on the bus I noticed a guy playing drums, accompanied by a man on a unicycle playing a guitar.

Not something you see every day.

He has been there every day lately tbf, although he's usually hanging around with his unicycling crew and chatting. They're a bunch of jugglers, probably.

I'm more perplexed that LB Lambeth seem to be spray cleaning Brixton Central Square weekly, largely concentrating on the bit outside the Ritzy. That may just reflect the time I'm going past admittedly (6.30ish), but the main operator doesn't look like he has the stamina to continue much longer tbh.

Must be the rent or sumtin? Probably pretty steep for such a plum spot. The Prince tho - went a few times, but it never felt like it had any kind of proper life to it... looked nice enough (bit generic, but wutevs), a tad expensive maybe. I'd rather go to down the road to the Albert.

I just noticed that hideous moneylending shop on the corner of Stockwell Rd and Brixton Rd. All neon. Vile and depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom