Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate in there last night - took about five minutes for my crepe to come. The service was random but enthusiastic, if that makes any sense. The staff were cheery, which makes a change from so many places in London.

Ended up having a big chat with one of the owners. He's not from Brixton, but seemed quite passionate about the history. Talked about when his own family history and how things were for his dad as an immigrant. Nice guy.

And he's doing 35% off coupons. That's a proper discount. I had a crepe 'complet' and a coke for under a fiver.

So, thumbs up from me so far. It fills a gap between the chicken shops and something more upmarket like the White Horse.

And he's doing 35% off coupons. That's a proper discount. I had a crepe 'complet' and a coke for under a fiver.

So, thumbs up from me so far. It fills a gap between the chicken shops and something more upmarket like the White Horse.

Ooh err. Might pop in there this afternoon. Negril is better value than the White Horse -thought WH have a sign up for lunch specials in October which might be worth investigating but I feel guilty not going into Cafe On The Hill if that's open.

Problem with Negril - my repeated moan- is that I've no idea what they charge. I really wish they'd put a menu in the window.

Ooh err. Might pop in there this afternoon. Negril is better value than the White Horse -thought WH have a sign up for lunch specials in October which might be worth investigating but I feel guilty not going into Cafe On The Hill if that's open.

I'm going to grass you up to Michael

So when did the fridges disappear from the front of the Fridge Bar? We noticed they weren't there on our way home this evening.

We hadn't noticed either. The first we knew of it was when we read the above comment.

Actually we were wondering just this morning on our way to work, what's the deal with the Fridge now? We seem to remember there being a bit of a reopening a while back with promises of regular live music and whatnot but we have not been aware of much going on there.

The new residential block on 362 Coldharbour Lane (where the Voice used to be) has now bizarrely been named 'The Viaduct'.

Leafletters outside Marie Stopes on the hill again this morning when we went past on the bus 5 minutes ago.

On the same note can anyone tell me if this would be assault?

Say I was walking past them carrying a large can of red gloss paint which I had lost the lid for. Then tripped over a paving slab which was not level (due to the budget cuts) and splashed the paint all over them?

Talking of leafletters has anyone taken a leaflet or magazine from the people who seem now to be permanently stationed between sainsbury's and M&S? Are they some kirky thing?

On the same note can anyone tell me if this would be assault?

Say I was walking past them carrying a large can of red gloss paint which I had lost the lid for. Then tripped over a paving slab which was not level (due to the budget cuts) and splashed the paint all over them?

I'd be happy for you to do that, as long as it's emulsion.

I've been suggesting to the Evening Standard "donors" that for a tenner I'd take one off their hands.

Hasn't worked yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom