Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a gallette at one of those places in Granville Arcade a few weeks ago - it was really yummy and quite good value I thought. I think it was £4.50 but it was massive - filled me up for the rest of the day and had lots of nice ingredients in it. I wonder if it's the same people?

I had a gallette at one of those places in Granville Arcade a few weeks ago - it was really yummy and quite good value I thought. I think it was £4.50 but it was massive - filled me up for the rest of the day and had lots of nice ingredients in it. I wonder if it's the same people?
Brick Box, I had one too, £3.50 - good value. Only thing I wasn't keen on was the tiny weeny plastic knife and fork. But they let me buy a coffee from Federation to drink with it which was nice of them. :)

Some impromptu pretend signs have appeared this morning saying ''Welcome to London, twinned with Panic'' and ''Panic'' with a twitter address which was too small/far away for me to read.

Some impromptu pretend signs have appeared this morning saying ''Welcome to London, twinned with Panic'' and ''Panic'' with a twitter address which was too small/far away for me to read.

Hmm.. wonder if this is my old flatmates larking about again...

Apparently it's a promo for a film called A Town called Panic

Finding this out has had the side-effect that I now have The Jam in my head :)

There was some sort of student photo / fashion shoot outside Granville Arcade yesterday, that could have been lifted straight from Hackney Hipster Hate.

Incidentally, it would seem that there has been 4 attacks on adult males in the last few weeks, so be careful walking home everyone. The person from The Albert was the 2nd I know of, but a friend of mine told me about two other guys who have also been attacked. :(:(
Same happened to my lodger a couple of weeks ago, last weekend of Sept. He does bar work, was coming home from work at about 2am sat/sun morning and right outside our gate he was hit on the head with a bottle during an attempted robbery. He's very tall (6' 6") and the bottle wielder wasn't very tall so no real damage was done, not even to the bottle. He didn't report it though, despite my encouragement that it was worth doing because our estate is heavily CCTVed.

Having just spoken to my lodger about this it turns out he popped into the Albert on his way home...which seems a bit of a co-incidence.

Dunno if anyone will see this but it doesn't really warrant a thread of its own - does Thameslink not work on a Sat or summat? I wanna get up to Kings X/St P tonight but not on the tube. Was going to get train from HH but looking at NR enquiries I can't it seems? I can always take the 68 bus but fancied lording it up on the train!

Apparently it's a promo for a film called A Town called Panic

Finding this out has had the side-effect that I now have The Jam in my head :)

This reminds me -at work we have a product called jars and everytime it is mentioned, I hear Gary Numan Cars.

Dunno if anyone will see this but it doesn't really warrant a thread of its own - does Thameslink not work on a Sat or summat? I wanna get up to Kings X/St P tonight but not on the tube. Was going to get train from HH but looking at NR enquiries I can't it seems? I can always take the 68 bus but fancied lording it up on the train!

The central bit of Thameslink is almost always closed on weekends at the moment.

Having just spoken to my lodger about this it turns out he popped into the Albert on his way home...which seems a bit of a co-incidence.

That's a bit weird. I can't work out why The Albert's punters would be a target. It's not exactly dripping with Rolexes.

Still, psycho violent muggers don't need be rational I suppose. :(

I think it is just a coincidence. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for muggers to hang around outside a certain - and let's be honest, fairly low market - pub when there's far richer and easier pickings to be had elsewhere.

If people get attacked it's because they're in central Brixton where - sadly - a higher proportion of scumbags prey at night. If you're out on the streets at night and look a bit vulnerable, then that's usually all it takes to attract their attention, wherever you've been before.

When my mate nearly got killed two weeks ago (an Albert regular) he'd been nowhere near the pub and was walking back from JAMM and I certainly haven't heard of an epidemic of Albert regulars getting attacked.

Thameslink doesn't run through the tunnel after 2230 on weekdays and all day on weekends while they're doing the Thameslink Programme improvements. The tunnel is open on the following dates

Sunday 17 October 2010
Saturday 23 October 2010
Sunday 24 October 2010
Saturday 6 November 2010
Sunday 7 November 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom