Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Federation coffee there was a couple flaunting their iPad and top of the range Leica rangefinder cameras while their ruddy faced mate in a posh hunting jacket took snaps of the 'locals',

What next? Gap yearers taking photos of the natives and buying native headgear?

At Federation coffee there was a couple flaunting their iPad and top of the range Leica rangefinder cameras while their ruddy faced mate in a posh hunting jacket took snaps of the 'locals',
Ah, I think I know who the Leica snapping bloke is. A long term Brixton resident who takes some fine photographs with his quality camera. Hopefully he will along shortly to set the story straight.

Interesting. a friend just pointed me to this site as the one with the leica was myself. Would just say that I have lived in Brixton for 30 years and am amazed that people can come to this sort of conclusion. have no idea who the the lady with the ipad was (apart from the fact that she had an Australian accent) and the 'ruddy faced' person is an ex pro Photographer who has lived here longer than me. we had just been to visit the new ' Viewfinder Photography gallery' in the market. So relax there was no invasion taking place. Top marks though for spotting the leica even with the logo etc taped over!!
I was also interested to see how much the Granville has changed over the last few months with so called 'poncy' coffee shops, art Galleries and restaurants etc opening up on every corner. the Locals will have to get used to people coming from further afield than Brixton Water Lane!!

http://www.urban75.org/vista/granville.html

Interesting. a friend just pointed me to this site as the one with the leica was myself. Would just say that I have lived in Brixton for 30 years and am amazed that people can come to this sort of conclusion. have no idea who the the lady with the ipad was (apart from the fact that she had an Australian accent) and the 'ruddy faced' person is an ex pro Photographer who has lived here longer than me. we had just been to visit the new ' Viewfinder Photography gallery' in the market. So relax there was no invasion taking place. Top marks though for spotting the leica even with the logo etc taped over!!
Please accept my 'umble apologies. On the way to Federation we'd passed three other photographers brandishing really expensive cameras, so when I saw a Leica-toting snapper in my local coffee bar - sat next to an iPadder - I clearly jumped to the wrong conclusion.

I'd incorrectly pegged you as one of them there outsiders, but now you've introduced yourself, I'd love to see some of your pics!

I've been pwned good'n'proper.

Lucky it's quiet eh?

Here, you may need this ;)

apple-pie.jpg

What the fuck is that? It doesn't look too tasty.

ah, it was 'umble pie, forgot you're a vegetarian so I've supplied you with a slice of apple pie instead

The expression derives from umble pie, which was a pie filled with liver, heart and other offal, especially of cow but often deer or boar. Umble evolved from numble, (after the French nomble) meaning 'deer's innards'.[1][2] Umbles were considered inferior food; in medieval times the pie was often served to lower-class people.

Incidentally, it would seem that there has been 4 attacks on adult males in the last few weeks, so be careful walking home everyone. The person from The Albert was the 2nd I know of, but a friend of mine told me about two other guys who have also been attacked. :(:(

Incidentally, it would seem that there has been 4 attacks on adult males in the last few weeks, so be careful walking home everyone. The person from The Albert was the 2nd I know of, but a friend of mine told me about two other guys who have also been attacked. :(:(
That sucks.

Where and when have these attacks taken place?

You've sneakily changed the picture! LOL. I love apple pie, btw. Humble pie sounds disgusting!

I agree. Sounds bloody offal

That sucks.

Not sure, will have to ask friend where the two other guys I don't know were mugged. The one I do know about was in Baytree Road. He got clumped round the head as well. The two guys I don't know, one of them is apparently a very large guy (so the muggers are obviously quite bold), and the other guy sounds like he has a disability of sorts. Will try to remember to ask friend where these two guys were attacked.

I've just been looking at Viramati's pictures. Didn't notice any Brixton ones but didn't really take a good look.

eta: Actually, there is, on his Flickr photos

There's a funny caption under the Brixton photo

Not sure, will have to ask friend where the two other guys I don't know were mugged. The one I do know about was in Baytree Road. He got clumped round the head as well. The two guys I don't know, one of them is apparently a very large guy (so the muggers are obviously quite bold), and the other guy sounds like he has a disability of sorts. Will try to remember to ask friend where these two guys were attacked.

If it's the same big guy, I think he may already post on here.

I know of two other people who have been jumped on the way home from the Albert in the last couple of months. One was on Gresham Road I think, not sure exactly whereabouts the other attack took place, I'll find out.

That sucks.

I was attacked on 10th June on Morval Road. Walked round the corner from Trelawn coming home from work at about 9:30pm and a guy came out and asked for my wallet as he smashed a bottle in my face and then came at me again with the broken bottle before I had the chance to do anything. I ran off before he could get anything but there was an awful lot of blood. Ended up in Kings and had eight stitches in my face and had couple of very black eyes and am going back in in November to have my nose reset. The police have been good but there were no witnesses and no CCTV because it's residential - they did a door to door but that came back with nothing.

Right, just rang friend and not a huge help I'm afraid.

Besides the Ruschroft Road one, and the Baytree Road one which was about 3-4 weeks ago, one of them was around the Coldharbour/Loughborough way. He thinks that was around a month ago as well.

Doesn't know the details of the 4th one he's heard about.

I was attacked on 10th June on Morval Road. Walked round the corner from Trelawn coming home from work at about 9:30pm and a guy came out and asked for my wallet as he smashed a bottle in my face and then came at me again with the broken bottle before I had the chance to do anything. I ran off before he could get anything but there was an awful lot of blood. Ended up in Kings and had eight stitches in my face and had couple of very black eyes and am going back in in November to have my nose reset. The police have been good but there were no witnesses and no CCTV because it's residential - they did a door to door but that came back with nothing.

That's bad news, sorry to hear that.

Fucking hell, that's terrible.

What did the bloke look like?

Sounds very much like someone may be keeping an eye on people leaving The Albert :(
I very much doubt it - it's more likely to happen because Coldharbour Lane/Rushcroft Rd are prime "picking-off" grounds on account of the night economy in the area.

I see some hopelessly pissed up and vulnerable people staggering around in the early hours, and they must present easy targets to mugging scumbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom