Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you get so prescriptive Crispy?

Anyway, regardless of the rights and wrongs of abortion, it takes a special sort of unempathetic cunt to want to stand outside a birth control clinic, complete with unpleasant posters and imagery, to attempt to harrass and discourage those in need of its services.

Subhuman fucking wankers frankly. If that's to do with religion, then let every one of these putrid flapjacks burn in Milton Keynes, or somewhere equally unpleasant, forever.

I don't mind people slanging it out about abortion, but this thread is about Brixton. So setting up some sort of showdown with ajd about it can happen on another thread.

Anyway, regardless of the rights and wrongs of abortion, it takes a special sort of unempathetic cunt to want to stand outside a birth control clinic, complete with unpleasant posters and imagery, to attempt to harrass and discourage those in need of its services.

It would be more useful if they directed their efforts towards helping underpriveldged children already suffering on this earth instead of trying to encourage people to keep babies they don't want and just add to the misery.

I didn't see them this particular time but sometimes they've been outside the gates when there's one or two, but when there's a larger group they're usually put over the other side of the road with a small police presence.

Perhaps that's what gaijingirl meant - outside rather than across the road?

Yes that's what I meant.

Lots of expensive houses in Brixton these days. In fact, most.

Houses on Holmewood Gardens are going for 700k ish. I'm just the other side of the Sth circular and there are about 3 for sale around me for about a mill!

Hasn't been a cheap place to buy for ages.

I'm just the other side of the Sth circular and there are about 3 for sale around me for about a mill!

That bit of Streatham has always been expensive.

Houses on Holmewood Gardens are going for 700k ish. I'm just the other side of the Sth circular and there are about 3 for sale around me for about a mill!

:eek: Are they massive?

Poets Corner actually isn't that expensive by local standards ime, but there's a decent amount of consistent housing stock down that end.

Some of the costs for smaller houses in Brixton central are just staggering in particular. Even badly carved up 1/2 beds can go for 300k, let alone a full property.

Pope alert this afternoon at 5pm. St Peter's Residence 2a Meadow Road, SW8, just over the border.

Don't expect to get anywhere north by bus or car around that time.

Floz from Florence & the Machine was eating at The Bear on Camberwell New Road on Friday night. She looks much younger when she's not on telly.

No sign of the pope though. He must have been at the Albert instead.

Floz from Florence & the Machine was eating at The Bear on Camberwell New Road on Friday night. She looks much younger when she's not on telly.

No sign of the pope though. He must have been at the Albert instead.

She was in the Windmill Saturday night; looked less wasted than the rest of the nutters in there. Laura Marling was in a couple of days earlier and so was those Mumfords; I'll say one thing for them: they can drink.

A suggestion for the helicopter currently buzzing round Brixton Hill at the moment.

Fuck off somewhere else, please.

Thankyou.

A suggestion for the helicopter currently buzzing round Brixton Hill at the moment.

Fuck off somewhere else, please.

Thankyou.

Don't you think maybe they're keeping an eye on Brixton bus station? They probably have heat sensitive equipment on board.

It's not like it's 3.00am and has been hovering for hours is it.

Ah, that's why my bus home just went on a detour from the South Circular onwards, taking the merest of diversions past sodding CLAPHAM and depositing me in the centre of Brixton, a good walk away from home, some 45 agonising traffic packed minutes later.

All I could see were emergency vehicles for as far as the eye could see, like someone had the whole Playmobil 999 collection in one place. Where and what was the fire? Got to be serious with that amount of vehicular action.

Yup, the old tram/bus station was on fire. Roof might need to be replaced, structure looks ok. Went up with the camera earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom