Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
a source tells me that the man who likes to hang about the crossroads on the A205 (at the border between brixton and streatham) has been fitted with a high vis jacket. presumably this is for his own safety? his behaviour at that traffic island can be unpredictable.

He's a lot better than than his oppo who staffs the junction just before Streatham Hill Station. He's well erratic.

a source tells me that the man who likes to hang about the crossroads on the A205 (at the border between brixton and streatham) has been fitted with a high vis jacket. presumably this is for his own safety? his behaviour at that traffic island can be unpredictable.

I'm sure he's been wearing that for a while.

Angell Town is currently en fete. Soundsystem pumping out some righteous dub. La Creole barbecuing bits of the beasts of the fields and the fowls of the air. Various community groups sitting at tables with brightly coloured leaflets that nobody can be bothered to read.

If your sad, and your feeling blue,
Why don't you buy a brand new pair of shoes,
And come on down, down to Angell Town,
People down here really like to get it on.

(Apologies to the late Mr J. Morrison)

Someone on Twitter claims he saw a helicopter on Windrush Square.

157067842.jpg

Fuck me the drinks prices in the Academy have rocketed recently haven't they - went there last night for Fever Ray and they were £4.30 a pint! :eek:That's even more than the bloody O2 (£4) though no doubt their's have gone up by now too since I was there in Feb. I was last at the Academy back in May and I'm sure the beer was under £4 then. :mad:

They have stuff up all over the windows and there are people inside standing on ladders. I only saw it from the bus.

They have stuff up all over the windows and there are people inside standing on ladders. I only saw it from the bus.

That opens today i think

There's also a new massive emergency loan shop opening up where the backstage used to be. Actually a step-up for that spot.

Noticed new shop on Brixton Hill in what used to be Dawn of the Raj, well I think it was Dawn of the Raj, the shops have changed so often, I can't keep track of them.

It looks like it's going to be called Ty Crepe. A shop selling crepes? Or is it just a name inspired by something else. I don't know. Does anybody? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom