Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it really annoys me when people that aren't Christians seem to know what is and isn't Christian behaviour.

I'm sure whining about a helicopter being out at 20:38 helping the emergency services after a fire is a bit un-christian.... ;)

You know, it really annoys me when people that aren't Christians seem to know what is and isn't Christian behaviour.

well it is in the bible that you should show forbearance in the presence of flying machines, for god has sent them to despatch evil from our homes. i believe it's in deuteronomy

The fact that anyone has chosen NOT to be Christian can, surprisingly enough, be based on the fact that they have chosen to inform themselves, consider the ideas presented and decided that they are utter nonsense. Arguably more balanced than just adopting the term Christian and then becoming v self-righteous and hypoctrical.

As for you being so annoyed about non-Christians aj it saddens me, but if it helps you perhaps you should look at Romans 15 vs 5 "Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus". Surely this helps you in your time of need...or maybe it's rubbish

In other news I got a delicious mixed salad including roast pumpkin, lentils, chickpeas, beetroot pesto, and apple and blueberry cake from Wild Capers in the market today and ate it in the 23 degree sunshine on the grass in Windrush Square.

Lovely.

In other news I got a delicious mixed salad including roast pumpkin, lentils, chickpeas, beetroot pesto, and apple and blueberry cake from Wild Capers in the market today and ate it in the 23 degree sunshine on the grass in Windrush Square.

Lovely.

Did you have to remortgage your flat to buy it? Wild Capers is lovely but seems very expensive.

had some lovely bread from rosie's the other day - does anyone know where it's from?
i should go in there more often - they're well nice in there.

Fucking pissed off to hear a mate of mine got really badly beaten up in Rushcroft Road last night and is still in hospital under observation.
I'm not going to name names but Albert regulars will know who I'm talking about if I say he's the Swansea fan.

Fucking pissed off to hear a mate of mine got really badly beaten up in Rushcroft Road last night and is still in hospital under observation.
I'm not going to name names but Albert regulars will know who I'm talking about if I say he's the Swansea fan.

Sorry to hear that. Doubt there's any cameras or anything that would identify the culprits?

Sorry to hear that. Doubt there's any cameras or anything that would identify the culprits?
Apparently he crawled into bed and was unconscious until his flatmates followed the trail of blood to his room and found him later. :( The police have got involved and hopefully there'll be some CCTV somewhere.

Apparently he crawled into bed and was unconscious until his flatmates followed the trail of blood to his room and found him later. :( The police have got involved and hopefully there'll be some CCTV somewhere.

Sounds like he's lucky he doesn't live alone then. Hope he makes a full recovery

Nasty. Best wishes to him on his recovery.

Those new flats, sorry luxury apartments*, at Rushcroft haven't encouraged me that it's a particular safer street these days. In the least favourite near-central Brixton road stakes, Rushcroft's up there for me.

*Yes, the old squats

Fuck :(

Did you have to remortgage your flat to buy it? Wild Capers is lovely but seems very expensive.

It was a little bit of a treat but the salad came to £4 and came with bread too. The cake was £2.50 which is hardly excessive for a slice of homemadeish cake. I thought it was worth it but I wouldn't spend it every day.

At the moment it sounds like he's ok but will be in for a few days. All a bit patchy but seems he was done over good and proper :(

Was at the Albert last night. Horrid sounding stuff. People who had been up to see him said he is in a better state and not being monitored so closely. Poor fella :(

What the fuck was going on last night? I could hear sirens nearly all night whilst in bed. (Top of Brixton Hill)

I only really know two Welshmen who go in there and one of them's the Editor. A friend of mine might want to know if it's who I think it is and visit him in hospital.

Does he have a beard? Can someone PM me his name please?

Err? Lockdown isn't the right word. Are the traders shutting up shop for an hour to protest?

That's what the posters said:

5032685979_f3c322e186.jpg

Lidl has loads of cycling stuff at the moment - I got some socks, a basic bike computer and a aerosol for fixing a puncture with-ought removing the tyre for £8.

That's what the posters said:

Wow. That word really has seeped into UK-Engish ever since that multiple shooting at Virginia Tech a couple of years ago.
A lockdown (with no hyphen) usually refers to people being kept in premises for their own safety while a serial killer is on the loose or something. It also can be used in the context of prison riots.

Wow. That word really has seeped into UK-Engish ever since that multiple shooting at Virginia Tech a couple of years ago.
A lockdown (with no hyphen) usually refers to people being kept in premises for their own safety while a serial killer is on the loose or something. It also can be used in the context of prison riots.

Well better a one hour lockdown than a lockdown 24/7 eh

At Federation coffee there was a couple flaunting their iPad and top of the range Leica rangefinder cameras while their ruddy faced mate in a posh hunting jacket took snaps of the 'locals',

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom