Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
janet jackson would seem to have made her arrival. mentalness down there.

i wonder what her highness will make of the ritzy? :D pretty stiff bar prices. and cinema 1 has shitty seats. what they gonna do with her?

Stick her in screen 1 and see if she lands on her nose? :D

What if she did though? She'd probably sue The Ritzy, they'd go bust, and Brixton would be heartbroken :eek:

I hope she gets a sore back from the seats in screen one (as i did) and sues them (as i didn't).

;)

2 steel drummers outside Iceland, and lots of people enjoying Windrush Square as I came through on the bus about 15 minutes ago.

Especially in this weather, it makes you feel positively tropical.

I still hate the hot weather, of course - but it'll all be over in a few months I'm sure.

Today is very much a Brockwell Park day I feel. Picnic things mostly sorted and happy sunny happy Sunday.

Shopping today - clothes, supermarket, Brixton Farmers Market, and perhaps a trip to Argos to buy a hedge trimmer if there's any money left.

So, according to tonight's The Standard, the street bike scheme is due to start in a couple of months. Sounds good to me :) Anyone heard whether there's a dock planned for Brixton? Maybe they're all more central...

These are the Boroughs where the scheme is going to happen.

BBC said:
The cycle hire scheme will be available in Camden, Hackney, Lambeth, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Westminster, City of London and the Royal Parks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8698624.stm

These are the Boroughs where the scheme is going to happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8698624.stm

The ones in Lambeth are around Waterloo/Southbank/Vauxhall and Kennington - near the major transport interchanges generally. They are starting it in central London with the aim I think of establishing other locations later on.

There is more info on the lambeth website http://www.lambeth.gov.uk/Services/...gCycling/LondonCycleHireSchemeCycleLondon.htm

They still fly back and forth at dawn and dusk from roost to daytime pleasure grounds and back again during the winter. Stark cries and long tails silhouetted against the sky.

I thought that. It's a parrot isn't it? It's even sitting on a bird cage from what I can see.

Here's a Parakeet I snapped a few weeks ago... definitely smaller and a bright red beak...

DSC_3073.jpg

How long 'til we get some puma sightings? ;):D

I've never once seen them in Brixton. I saw my first one in Mordern Hall Park last year and last time in Kew Gardens.

I have spent practically the whole weekend in Windrush Square. I declare it a success.

I've never once seen them in Brixton. I saw my first one in Mordern Hall Park last year and last time in Kew Gardens.

I have spent practically the whole weekend in Windrush Square. I declare it a success.

It's lucky you're a smoker I suppose, then you can't blame traffic pollution for a dodgy chest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom