Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a nice day walking around brixton. got fleeced amiably at brixton cycles (only joking - i need to look after my bike), bumped into eme, then ms t & han, then had a delicious lunch with some mums at the italian cafe in brixton village - maccharoni with scamorza and red cabbage. going back later to get some fresh pasta and make it myself.

I went into Halfords today and asked if they sell fire extinguishers.

I was told no.

I found some and showed him. He is now aware that they sell fire extinguishers. :D

I went into Halfords today and asked if they sell fire extinguishers.

I was told no.

I found some and showed him. He is now aware that they sell fire extinguishers. :D

Reaching Currys-like standards of service there. Is there something in the water in that business park's premises? Like radon or summink?

Reaching Currys-like standards of service there. Is there something in the water in that business park's premises? Like radon or summink?

I went into Curry's as well and was looking at laptops. My jaw almost hit the floor when someone asked if they could help me :eek::eek::eek:

Hey, I was equally amazed the other day. We ordered two pizzas in the Ritzy Cafe. They arrived within 10 minutes.

I almost fainted with amazement. That's about 30 minutes less than you would normally have to wait.

Mind you, they were totally rubbish pizzas.

I went to the Ritzy at the weekend and they put the wrong film on. We suspected something wasn't quite right when the trailers started with an instruction to put our 3d glasses on.

Was there uproar until their mistake was rectified?

Or were the other viewers happy that they had put on the right film, with only you spotting their mistake?

Hey, I was equally amazed the other day. We ordered two pizzas in the Ritzy Cafe. They arrived within 10 minutes.

I almost fainted with amazement. That's about 30 minutes less than you would normally have to wait.

Mind you, they were totally rubbish pizzas.

I bet somebody else had ordered them and abandoned them because they had to wait for hours. You got lucky.

Was there uproar until their mistake was rectified?

Or were the other viewers happy that they had put on the right film, with only you spotting their mistake?

There was mild uproar and I was not the only one lacking in 3d glasses.

The other thing was that I'd booked seats near the front instead of near the back as intended. Due to the seating plan on the website being upside down.

Hm. It looked the right way round when I booked the other week.

Probably best that you sit up front, where people can keep an eye on you.

the ritzy needs to sort out its technical issues. went to see four lions but had to leave cos its digital projection kept sticking/shuddering to a halt. at first i thought it was deliberate bluejamesque editing wooziness but it was just shit technology. i don't know exactly what was wrong but it ruined the film enough for to walk out and ask for my money back. shocked that so many people carried on watching. i want to go back next week but will be complaining and asking for assurance that it won't happen again. i've never complained about this sort of thing before but it's made me reluctant to potentially experience such shoddiness again.

Saw Samson and Delilah there a few weeks ago... without sound for the first 10 mins. Luckily a passing staff member noticed and after some kerfuffle they restarted, with sound this time. (Screen 5)

edit: they have a facebook page, you can comment you their wall.

10 minutes? and people just sat there?
There is always that 'is it supposed to be like this' time... especially given that the film was supposed to feature 'aboriginal non-verbal communication' but there was lots of squirming, looking around at the projector, whispering etc.. Luckily the door opened and staff could be seen pfaffing around before long. Seemed to take them ages to sort it out though.

I think part of the problem at the Ritzy is that sometimes they only have one projectionist who has to run around between all the screens putting stuff on - so they aren't actually there to notice that anything's wrong.

While we're at it can I just complain once again about the awful seats in Screen 1 which are angled so as to tip you onto the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom