Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic accident at Clapham Picturehouse for Ed Wood... flick had just started when a nifty special effect like 'burning a hole in the film' appeared. Except that the film was burning for real. :D

Pre-digital days, nothing they could do, the film was ruined and we all got a free ticket.

Bit of drama on my lovely street (Bellefields Rd) last Saturday afternoon.

Woman walked up to the fairly swanky car parked outside the drug dealers opposite, and smashed in the four windows before trying to dent the bonnet. Took her quite a while actually. Meanwhile, her daughter, rather anxiously waiting in their own car, was trying to get her to stop. She cut her hand while doing so.

The drug dealer didn't seem to be all that concerned. Not sure he owns a car - he makes his calls on bicycle.

The other thing was that I'd booked seats near the front instead of near the back as intended. Due to the seating plan on the website being upside down.

Everything looks to be in order. The seats facing the screen, as they should be.

Attachments

• ritzy.JPG
    ritzy.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 68
Cycled up Effra Road last night... lovely new smooth road round by St. Matthews :oops:

... but near the junctions of Kellet Road and Mervan Road there were double orange lines. I've seen double red and double yellow, but what are double orange lines? :hmm:

new Lambeth Lib/Lab coalition coded message?

or maybe more like new shades of Lambeth ambiguity in law enforcement. "we'll apply double-yellow rules only if we like the look of you, but full-on red-route penalties if our staff just feel like giving you stick?"

new Lambeth Lib/Lab coalition coded message?

or maybe more like new shades of Lambeth ambiguity in law enforcement. "we'll apply double-yellow rules only if we like the look of you, but full-on red-route penalties if our staff just feel like giving you stick?"
:D

If they're not there this afternoon I'm getting my eyes tested!

Hopefully the Janet Jackson hype won't have built up to get in the way of my getting home tonight.

Chris Rock is Monday, so people would be really early for that...

Hopefully the Janet Jackson hype won't have built up to get in the way of my getting home tonight.

Chris Rock is Monday, so people would be really early for that...

you could always walk. It's lovely weather out there, although a bit too hot. Still, saw some schoolkids wearing hoodies with their hoods up, on top of school blazers. Obviously not hot enough for some people. :D

"Christine's Meat Gallery" has just opened in the old Coach & Horses (latterly Living Bleargh). It just sounds dodgy on every level.....

So, according to tonight's The Standard, the street bike scheme is due to start in a couple of months. Sounds good to me :) Anyone heard whether there's a dock planned for Brixton? Maybe they're all more central...

So, according to tonight's The Standard, the street bike scheme is due to start in a couple of months. Sounds good to me :) Anyone heard whether there's a dock planned for Brixton? Maybe they're all more central...

I think it's mostly just Z1 to start with.

Apparently Brixton Village/Granville arcade is having a "Studio 54" night next Thursday. There'll be a clothes swap as well.

I was down there last night and a young bloke who literally looked like he'd taken a wrong turn in Putney and ended up in Brixton by mistake asked me where to get a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine. Honestly, he was terribly well spoken and wearing a pink shirt and chinos and loafers, with a sweater artfully knotted round his shoulders. :D

janet jackson would seem to have made her arrival. mentalness down there.

i wonder what her highness will make of the ritzy? :D pretty stiff bar prices. and cinema 1 has shitty seats. what they gonna do with her?

janet jackson would seem to have made her arrival. mentalness down there.

i wonder what her highness will make of the ritzy? :D pretty stiff bar prices. and cinema 1 has shitty seats. what they gonna do with her?

Stick her in screen 1 and see if she lands on her nose? :D

i do like the juxtaposition from where im sittin.. a few dealers, some sunburnt lads messin around tryin to drunkenly figure out the cash machine, a few bored workers waitin for their bus... and behind a white screen a red carpet and janet jackson and is it jill scott? in fine gowns posin their asses off for the camera... brixton.

i do like the juxtaposition from where im sittin.. a few dealers, some sunburnt lads messin around tryin to drunkenly figure out the cash machine, a few bored workers waitin for their bus... and behind a white screen a red carpet and janet jackson and is it jill scott? in fine gowns posin their asses off for the camera... brixton.

what next, Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom