Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are those and why are they orange?
I don't know why they're orange :( but they are here:

Cycled up Effra Road last night... lovely new smooth road round by St. Matthews :oops:

... but near the junctions of Kellet Road and Mervan Road there were double orange lines. I've seen double red and double yellow, but what are double orange lines? :hmm:

Mixed the wrong paint?

Yeah, I only logged back on because of it...it's the Brixton version of hearing the first cuckoo of spring...more like, summer in the city....oh bugger, it's helicopter season again.

Yeah, I only logged back on because of it...it's the Brixton version of hearing the first cuckoo of spring...more like, summer in the city....oh bugger, it's helicopter season again.

This racket is balanced by sublime squeals of swallows

I prefer the helicopter noise to the stupid gits endlessly revving up their mopeds in the vain hope that eventually it will stop sounding like they are strangling a lawnmower and the gurls will start to be impressed.

A&C Continental have won Best Neighbourhood Deli in the Smooth FM Love London Awards. Check out their big banner. :cool: Had a chat with the owner and he is very chuffed, especially as they didn't do much to "get out" their vote. The area did well generally - the Ritzy won best local cinema, and the Florence and Sesami in HH were both in the top three in their category.

He also told me that Vicky the sparkly picture lady is doing well - has her own flat now in Sheltered Accommodation in Croydon. She has branched out into kites, which you can see in the shop. :)

I like A&C too they're a lovely deli and a well-earned award, but I find them pricey. I prefer the Portuguese butcher a few shops down. Damned if I know what to do with the pig snouts they sell though.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about them tbh, all seems a bit over-priced and things you could get elsewhere.

Cheaper than Sainsburys for what I buy (veg, salad, herbs etc).

Probably not cheaper than the market, but it's closer to me and more convenient.

Actually I'm constantly surprised by what A&C has that you can't get elsewhere - dunno how they manage to fit it under that roof. Cuttlefish ink? Check. Samphire? Check. etc etc

I think it depends what you're buying from them. Some stuff is probably more expensive but for deli type things like serrano ham they're very good value and it's very good. They also have a lot I haven't seen elsewhere nearby, eg. tubes of harissa which is very good and cheap (and a lot better value than the overpriced jars which can be bought in supermarkets).

Cheaper than Sainsburys for what I buy (veg, salad, herbs etc).

Probably not cheaper than the market, but it's closer to me and more convenient.

Actually I'm constantly surprised by what A&C has that you can't get elsewhere - dunno how they manage to fit it under that roof. Cuttlefish ink? Check. Samphire? Check. etc etc

Sorry matt, my remark was about the deli/cafe in Herne Hill. I like A&C ;)

Was a lot of police and indecent vehicle on Tulse Hill this morning.
Road was taped off and half closed coming from Effra Road.

I'm trying but I can't even begin to work out what you actually meant to say...

what did you mean to say.

It's hurting my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom