Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oooh, Gerry, he was in the Road Rats iirc. He had a really shonky old crane/diggery thing in the scrapyard on Minet Road that fell on him. I heard the crash and saw the dust cloud from my flat but didn't realise what had happened, because his tottery piles of scrap were always falling over. His funeral was the day of the partial eclipse.

Sounds about right. I was going to say it was probably 10 years ago or more.

I remember most of the bikers didn't wear helmets. You'd think they'd know better. :D

Can't remember whether he was a rat or an Angel, but my b/f knew him or knew of him as he used to hang around with Angels and Rats

Shooting at a barber shop in New Park Road on Friday.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8656810.stm

If the police tape was outside Paulo'z Way (which someone said earlier) then I suspect it happened at the barbers on Brixton Hill and not the one on New Park Road. I'd be very surprised if there had been a shooting at the one on New Park Road because it's more of an old man's place really (apols to any urbanites who get their hair cut there :D)

If the police tape was outside Paulo'z Way (which someone said earlier) then I suspect it happened at the barbers on Brixton Hill and not the one on New Park Road. I'd be very surprised if there had been a shooting at the one on New Park Road because it's more of an old man's place really (apols to any urbanites who get their hair cut there :D)

Was just going to say that. The one in NPR isn't open that late.

Oh dear. Heard a load of shouting outside, and looked out to see three guys (presumably knifed up to the max) shouting at a guy wielding a fucking mahoosive blade.

They all scuttled off and three minutes later a paramedic van screeched to a halt outside the block. :(

knife_comment.jpg

Okay okay, point taken! It does not sell the full range of daily papers and therefore is not a newsagents. But it is obviously the shop referred to, re. the latest incident. Corner-shop. Except it's not on a corner either. :facepalm:

Some nasty incident on Atlantic Rd last night, all taped off with the forensics team about. It was that brown 'Tangier' bar opposite the lounge.

Some nasty incident on Atlantic Rd last night, all taped off with the forensics team about. It was that brown 'Tangier' bar opposite the lounge.

I saw that. I don't think it's Tangier any more. It seems to have been sold/leased to someone else. The food appears to be homestyle Caribbean and there's always a group of women in there.

Brazzas is a cafe/restaurant in Brixton. Nomilicious is delicious. Cake is cake. The raspberries played themselves.

I've had some lovely cake at Brazzas but their selection is a bit heavy on the cheesecakes. I don't like cheesecake.

They only had one yesterday.

They had a pineapple cake, a marble cake - chocolate with coconut and cream cheese, the rasperry one, profiteroles with strawberries and cream, another chocolatey looking one, ooh, and more.

Ate in at Cornercopia on Thursday night to experience the Granville Arcade at night. A small crowd watched some live music, kids danced and took the mic.

The food was gorgeous and £40 for 5 people can't be bad. Brought our own wine. Shared 2 mezze for starters (which was more than enough), main course each and a plate with one of each of the 4 cakes for dessert. Proper cakes with proper flavours, none of yer cupcake nonsense! ;)

It was weird being in an arcade at night, felt like being locked in a museum or something.

There was quite a crowd at another brand new eatery down there too, more of a fast food place with stand up tables and a few benches, looked like burritos or something. Must be good, was packed when we arrived and still packed when we left. Will try check it out during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom