Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
brixtonmaptree.jpg

http://londonist.com/2010/04/hand-drawn_maps_of_london_brixton_a.php

I think that I should clarify that Minnie is talking about another map on the same site, just in case anyone thought she was rambling insanely about something that had no discernable connection to anything on this thread.

Or maybe she was just rambling insanely. Who knows

Anyway, that Brixton tree is missing quite a lot of obvious watering holes such as the White Horse and the Albert.

Workers Revolutionary Party candidate, Paul Lepper, on KFC corner right now with entourage leafletting passers-by, with several inflatable sofas.

Anyway, that Brixton tree is missing quite a lot of obvious watering holes such as the White Horse and the Albert.

[Here is] Brixton, rendered as a tree, featuring a few of the great treasures of the neighbourhood - i.e. pubs and cafes that I make a habit of frequenting!

The artist obviously swerves the White Horse as he seems to know the Hill and BWL lane area pretty well.

I read that it was a 'suspected' paedophile?? I think that this was in the evening standard (not sure how accurate then...)

Wrong way up maps confuse me, including some of the 'Legible London' stuff. They can make me think I've walked past my destination. For most (non-map-anorak) people they are proberbly fine.

I guess 'normal' people do not walk around thinking whether they are heading north or south or whatever. :D

I'm getting addicted to eating at Cornercopia in the Granville Arcade. Lunch is an absolute bargain. Open on Thursday evenings now too and, oh yes, byo wine! Dying to try out the ambience of the arcades by night. :cool:

Police cordon on brixton hill at new park road ( from paulos cafe to bombay inn). anyone know whats happened??

Hope nothing's happened at Bombay Inn. There's only a couple of convenient stores and maybe a barbers and the vets isn't there?

oh, and a chicken place I think

If there is a fire in Brixton,
You know about it !
I learn about it on here.
I'm getting into fire now too !

:p

I only know if it's down the Hill as I can't see up the Hill. :p

Hope it's not Bombay Inn though. Although I never eat there, I've known the owner for years from when he ran Curry Paradise further down

Well I just got home about 12.15 and never saw any commotion. Didn't got that far up though obvs.

Iroko?

did you miss me? :)

I only know if it's down the Hill as I can't see up the Hill. :p

Hope it's not Bombay Inn though. Although I never eat there, I've known the owner for years from when he ran Curry Paradise further down

That's why i take a keen interest,
In your reporting of,
"Down The Hill Fires",
I am worried now,
And hope all are safe,
Even though it is Up The Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom