Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on Friday's stabbing - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8615103.stm

Police have identified a man stabbed to death during a fight in a flat in south London.

Mark Johnson, 21, was discovered at the property in Glanville Road, Brixton, at about 1945 BST on Friday. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Another man, aged 25, was taken to hospital with stab wounds. His condition is stable and he has now been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Officers are not looking for anyone else as part of their inquiry.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police were called to a fight at a flat. A 21-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

"Anyone with information that may assist the inquiry should call the incident room."

Anyone been to Etta's Seafood Kitchen?
Any good?

A friend of mine went and said it wasn't good - and was really slow. I had a lovely meal at one of the other pop up places at the weekend - all home grown, stuff, including nettle soup (which was great) and £7.50 for two courses. Called something like cornucopia

... at midday.

The next Brixton Riot perhaps?

Hopefully it'll all be cleared up by teatime so I can get through on a bus safely and get home for noms.

I'm a T-Mobile customer. Previously I've had to go quite a long way to get to the nearest T-Mobile shop (as opposed to a "general" phone shop)

No doubt there are others locally in my situation, quite overtaken with excitement.

Unfortunately I can't upgrade till October but the girl was most helpful anyway.

the drug dealer who usually camps on my doorstep has been replaced by a dub dealer. he's just sorted me out with loadsa shit... '4 for a tenner' :D

feels like summer's here...:)

gabi said:
the drug dealer who usually camps on my doorstep has been replaced by a dub dealer. he's just sorted me out with loadsa shit... '4 for a tenner' :D

feels like summer's here...:)

I like the term dubdealer :)

Last night I strolled out the gate and walked straight into a 'transaction' taking place. The two gentlemen seemed cross that I had strolled onto their pavement clutching a broom but we went our seperate ways.

:mad: Bloke with blower 'cleaning' the streets is just going along blowing all the litter off the road and into residents gardens :mad:

Allmarks on Brixton Hill has gone... anyone know if it's being replaced?
Always wondered how they made money in that place.

Allmarks on Brixton Hill has gone... anyone know if it's being replaced?
Always wondered how they made money in that place.

Wow, that's been there for years. I actually went into it a few months ago when I was looking for a mirror. Load of tat in there and no mirrors. :D

I just got back to Brixton Station about an hour ago and Brixton Road, right outside the station was all taped off with police tape. TfL Incident Response were there also. A crash perhaps? Anyone know what happened? :hmm:

according to twitter:

Teenage female run over on Brixton Road, by Brixton Tube, Thankfully non fatal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom