Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the lido café is the ultimate mums place though, from my limited experience dining with mums. that sounds all wrong, doesn't it?

It's a bit much, to be honest. I'm hoping the clientele becomes a bit more balanced when the Lido reopens in May.

Ate at the little Italian in Brixton Village. Absolutely fabulous food and he let us have a medley of all three hot dishes. Only £4.50 and free water and complimentary bread and cheese. Recommended

I went past there yesterday and the food looked fantastic. I'll definitely be trying his fresh pasta as well - a bit pricey at £14 a kilo but looked great.

Both Continental Deli and Sesame (on Station Approach in HH), are nominated in the Smooth FM Deli of the Year Award

#closet smooth fm listener#

I heard that yesterday. Let's all get behind A&C Continental, people. The Lido Cafe is also nominated for Best Cafe.

Is there really a demand for it though? I guess so, otherwise they wouldn't have planned the development, but there's heaps of other (better) restaurants around there, and very few places to park your 4x4.

I reckon it will do very well. There's a shortage of restaurants in HH, imho, and a gap in the market for an Italian/pizza place. I wish it wasn't a chain though. :(

San Marino cafe is moving into the old building society building on the corner of Brixton Station Rd in a couple of weeks... It's a good cafe; hope they do well (it should do - will pick up all the Sunday Market crowd I reckon)

To my shame, I've never been there. :oops: But Hive definitely needs some competition on a Sunday morning - the service in there is so shit we left after waiting for nearly half an hour. On the positive, I "discovered" the little Portuguese cafe opposite, which does fab coffee and a good bacon sandwich. Cheap too.

However, anyone feels about it, if a PE does open in HH (and remember it's just a rumour - the FOR SALE sign is still up!) I reckon it will be rammed... I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner tbh...

While we're talking chains, does anyone know when H&M is due to open in the old Woolies building?

Not even a single tag. it's amazing

The anti-graffiti bit of Lambeth Council is surprisingly efficient - they're always round our way scrubbing graffiti off walls - even our ropey old garage wall gets the treatment.

Continental deli have voting forms in the shop. Apparently the nomination came as a complete surprise to them.

Oh, I thought it was potentially self nominated. That was the only way I could see the Ritzy getting a nomination!

Again yesterday it took 15 minutes to buy two tickets. The ticket machine crashed twice, the manager had to be brought over and then they tried to charge me for my two free tickets.

I reckon it will do very well. There's a shortage of restaurants in HH, imho, and a gap in the market for an Italian/pizza place. I wish it wasn't a chain though. :(

The pizza in the Half Moon is good. Plus there's Lombok, 22, Olly's, Pullens, Cafe Prov, the odd Mexican place etc.

The pizza in the Half Moon is good. Plus there's Lombok, 22, Olly's, Pullens, Cafe Prov, the odd Mexican place etc.

They've all been there forever and I'm bored with them. Plus out of all of them I only rate Number 22 - Lombok in particular has been disappointing recently and does watered-down versions of Asian food which I could cook better myself. I have taken to going to Camberwell for my culinary kicks recently. :eek:

so because you are bored with 7+ places, the new one cant be a successfull chain?

Put on your baby hammock and get down the Lido then

Arf. Well there's an alcohol license application in the door of Mela / Three Monkeys, citing that PE have applied for a license at the premises.

so because you are bored with 7+ places, the new one cant be a successfull chain?

Put on your baby hammock and get down the Lido then

I'd rather it wasn't a chain, yes, but I'm sure it will be rammed.

I don't have a baby hammock.

I was in Brixton Village today and it was buzzing, which was nice to see. The Spacemakers project seems to be making a difference at the weekend, but it's still pretty dead during the week. :(

Paulo's Way (I refuse to use the 'z' suffix) are taking over The Telegraph. I think this is really good news. They're planning on putting Fado on in the back room so it'll still be a live music venue. I think Paulo's Way has been a fantastic addition to the area, and it's great to see them expanding like this.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom