Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty but judging by the infowars URL painted on it, it's a loonmobile.

They have a CCHR video (about psychiatry) on their website.

CCHR is a front group for Scientology, just like Narconon - and I know how much you love them.

Whats goin on at the ritzy? hordes of people outside, screaming girls, flashlights poppin... some premiere or something? mental.

Whats goin on at the ritzy? hordes of people outside, screaming girls, flashlights poppin... some premiere or something? mental.

Most likely they heard I was going there tonight to take advantage of Orange Wednesdays.

Obviously no-one told them I'd changed my plans. :(

It just went absolutely ballistic again. I'm blinded by the fucking flashbulbs up here :eek:

Nothin on the ritzy site.

Good news - El Panzon is definitely back in the Hootahob!
:cool:

Bumped into the old proprietor (G) last night and it's all go, with a reduced menu to start off with, from about the middle of next week.

It started tonight :)

Me and memespring both had a burrito. Top drawer as per usual. Had it about 2 hours ago and still stuffed.

Apols to Badgers - I promised him I'd take a photo but was so busy stuffing my fat face that I forgot :oops:

I saw the first ice cream van of the year today... on New Park Road. It was playing a jingly tune and everything. And it did actually seem to be selling ice-creams :hmm:

Me and memespring both had a burrito. Top drawer as per usual. Had it about 2 hours ago and still stuffed.

Apols to Badgers - I promised him I'd take a photo but was so busy stuffing my fat face that I forgot :oops:

I haven't experienced Panawhotsit. Is it on tomorrow then? What's on the menu?

I saw the first ice cream van of the year today... on New Park Road. It was playing a jingly tune and everything. And it did actually seem to be selling ice-creams :hmm:

Brrrrrrr.

I haven't experienced Panawhotsit. Is it on tomorrow then? What's on the menu?

Just burritos and fajitas for the next few weeks while he's training up the staff. You can have beef, pork, chicken or veggie. Post Easter they'll be offering the full menu and their latin sunday roast is well worth the trip ime. :)

Just burritos and fajitas for the next few weeks while he's training up the staff. You can have beef, pork, chicken or veggie. Post Easter they'll be offering the full menu and their latin sunday roast is well worth the trip ime. :)

Where's this?

We've had a massive lorry outside our place tarring the roofs on the blocks opposite all evening and it's still going and really starting to get on my tits now. :mad::mad:

nipsla said:

Looked good :)

We will do an early Burrito on Friday

Or the Canning as it's still more than occasionally known. Pub names really do die hard.

Had burritos too last night and I'm very glad they're back. It's a bit chaotic and slow at the moment, not quite as polished as before. No pork, the king of burritos, available either, and things like the salsa and extras not quite as perfect yet

But even with those minor reservations it was churning out very good food to happy punters last night. I wish G all the best - he seemed glad to be home yesterday and back in business. A really good addition and fit back in the area - there are few finer pub food than a convenient burritos

It's the Hootananny - on the corner of Effra Road and Brixton Water Lane (opposite Khan's and the dry cleaner's, v. close to Effra Parade children's centre). It used to be called the Hobgoblin.

Ah, thought you might be talking about the Hootananny but had no idea they ever did food.

That's a step too far, even for a stick-in-the-mud like me
:D

Whilst we're on the subject of food at the Hootahob, the barbecue there on Thursday nights can be seriously good. Starts late, ends late to serve the reggae crowd there, but if you're passing the area post pub, I highly recommend the jerk chicken. Fairplay to the dedicated chef too - he's been manning his drum pan all through the bleakest of winters, snow, hail and much rain included.

Not sure how it'll work with El Panzon back. But G seems to have mellowed and they would seem to serve largely different markets at different times. I hope they both continue for a long while.

And if anyone remembers Chef Scolly, the spritely elderly kitchen star, I'm pleased to report he's still on fine form at parties around town.

Ate at the little Italian in Brixton Village. Absolutely fabulous food and he let us have a medley of all three hot dishes. Only £4.50 and free water and complimentary bread and cheese. Recommended

Ooh. I've been wondering about that place. Looks good, but it's always been a bit too empty to be comfortable when I've passed. The bloke always seems to be cleaning the window too, which whilst diligent, does tend to put off people approaching too.

Haven't tried that African eatery in there either. Too many places to eat now

Ooh. I've been wondering about that place. Looks good, but it's always been a bit too empty to be comfortable when I've passed. The bloke always seems to be cleaning the window too, which whilst diligent, does tend to put off people approaching too.

Are we talking bout the same place? The one I'm talking about has two tables outside and is tiny inside with just a bit of a counter to sit at, it's far too cosy to feel uncomfortably empty.

Has anyone else had problems with LASCOT (Lambeth Community Transport) vehicles - being driven by what appear to be lunatics?

I've almost been run over three times by them - always when they're empty. This morning, one jumped the lights at the Atlantic Road / Brixton Road junction by accelerating on the amber light when he was about 20m from the give way line, almost took out me, a pedestrian and a car that was behind me.

I've called them up before and made complaints, which they said would be investigated, but they've never got back to me. They helpfully asked me the first time whether I'd got the licence plate number of the driver that almost knocked me and another random cyclist over on Mervan Road. Sorry I was too busy trying not to hit by your van.

Given that their drivers should have MPV and MiDAS and PATS training, they don't appear to follow their training when not carrying passengers.

/rantover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom