Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm still settling in. More observations:

Dodgy People:

Every area has a few dodgy people. There's loads in Brixton though. Unshaven, scruffy, and hanging around in the day like they don't have jobs. In this crowd, I'm almost invisible.

Mentals:

Definitely seem to be alot. I think I saw my best one today sat at the Ritzy. I'm not sure what he was singing/rapping about. It was very animated. After about an hour of his own little world, he then went in to buy a small shot and a cake. On his way out, he suddenly flipped, and asked the two women with children sat inside whether they'd prefer the door open or closed (no other c*nt going through the door seemed to be arsed). It was pure Little Britain, where the mad woman suddenly becomes mundane, answering a phone call. Then I read something in the paper that Lambeth has a "3 times higher" rate of mental illness. Sad, but that man was the most civilized mental I've ever seen.

Where's Elly Jackson?

I thought she was everywhere. So much so she'd become a burden on local infrastructure. Queueing to top up your Oyster Card? Picking up a guilty KFC? Always stuck behind the pantaloons and the quiff. I'd even imagined a more localised M&S. A few tills with signs above them saying "Baskets Only. No La Roux". Where the hell is she? On holiday?

Well, I'm still settling in. More observations:

Dodgy People:

Every area has a few dodgy people. There's loads in Brixton though. Unshaven, scruffy, and hanging around in the day like they don't have jobs. In this crowd, I'm almost invisible.

Mentals:

Definitely seem to be alot. I think I saw my best one today sat at the Ritzy. I'm not sure what he was singing/rapping about. It was very animated. After about an hour of his own little world, he then went in to buy a small shot and a cake. On his way out, he suddenly flipped, and asked the two women with children sat inside whether they'd prefer the door open or closed (no other c*nt going through the door seemed to be arsed). It was pure Little Britain, where the mad woman suddenly becomes mundane, answering a phone call. Then I read something in the paper that Lambeth has a "3 times higher" rate of mental illness. Sad, but that man was the most civilized mental I've ever seen.

Where's Elly Jackson?

I thought she was everywhere. So much so she'd become a burden on local infrastructure. Queueing to top up your Oyster Card? Picking up a guilty KFC? Always stuck behind the pantaloons and the quiff. I'd even imagined a more localised M&S. A few tills with signs above them saying "Baskets Only. No La Roux". Where the hell is she? On holiday?

Who the fuck is Elly Jackson ? :confused:

i took a good photo outside Herne Hill station today. According to one of the signs attached to the builders redoing the paving, they're working for a greener, safer Islington. Which is nice to know. Do you think they're a gift from Islington to a sister borough, or did they get lost and have spent the last two weeks doing works that no-one in Lambeth actually ordered?

brix said:
Crikey, bit nippy out at the moment. Brrrrrrr.

Yup, in now and not venturing out anytime soon. Starting to turn for the better though, another week or so and we may be drinking outside :)

You, female, sat next to me on a 333 bus this evening, got off at New Park Road as I did at about 6pm, listening to an ipod, and wearing a blue hat? I reckon you were an Urbanite. Were you?

You, female, sat next to me on a 333 bus this evening, got off at New Park Road as I did at about 6pm, listening to an ipod, and wearing a blue hat? I reckon you were an Urbanite. Were you?
Yes. Did you like my hat?
You looked like an escaped convict. I phoned the police.

Hah! You didn't see through my disguise then? I was pretending to be teuchter's hat.

i took a good photo outside Herne Hill station today. According to one of the signs attached to the builders redoing the paving, they're working for a greener, safer Islington. Which is nice to know. Do you think they're a gift from Islington to a sister borough, or did they get lost and have spent the last two weeks doing works that no-one in Lambeth actually ordered?

:D
As long as Islington are paying... share the pic with us

Somethings happened opposite the police station near the mosque on gresham road. Large area taped off loads of police and half Brixton road closed

There were heaps of police cars from 9 to about 11 when I came back through. Forensic type people looking through the flowerbeds too. Police wouldn't say what had been going on, but it didn't look pleasant.

The whole pavement and half the road was taped off all the way past the old registry office and bus stops, and up to the corner of St John's Rd.

Why are double decker buses going along Brixton Water Lane - the Effra Rd - Brixton Hill stretch? I have seen 2 no 45s on that road now.

Why are double decker buses going along Brixton Water Lane - the Effra Rd - Brixton Hill stretch? I have seen 2 no 45s on that road now.[/QUOTE]

Because of some emergency gas works (lasting 6 weeks) at Loughborough Junction, all Coldharbour Lane buses have been re-directed and there is a special bus service replacing them...

The 45s are on divert because of roadworks somewhere or other along their route. Gresham road probably.

e2a: Or what shakey says.

The free bus is officially the 545 but I prefer to call it the "ghost bus" because it is white and no-one really knows what it is or where it is going.

Things were a-brewing around tea time tonight: a gang of about 20 behooded, bemasked yoot were strolling purposely along Popes Rd market, the feds were busting some fleeing teens outside the block, while the nasty nutty woman was adding her usual mental vocal accompaniment to passers by from her first floor window

Not strictly Brixton, but I drove past the site of a rather nasty looking accident this afternoon at the crossing of Poynders Road and Clarence Avenue. A black people carrier car, like the Addison Lee taxis, was lying on its fucking side; next to it a Mercedes had had its front end smahed; and worst of all, by the pavement there was a lamppost that had been felled to the ground, and next to it there was a cyclist laying motionless by the kerb next to their bike.

Can't comprehend what kind of speeds would either of the cars have been travelling at to cause one of them to roll on its side, flatten a lamppost and seriously injure a cyclist.

Didn't look good :(

Last Night about 2.30am, Power Tools!

Did anyone in the area of Mayall Rd hear that racket in the early hours of the morning, ending thoughtfully at 4am? It sounded like a tree was being cut down, then sawed into pieces. :mad:

No, it wasn't the missus snoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom