Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things were a-brewing around tea time tonight: a gang of about 20 behooded, bemasked yoot were strolling purposely along Popes Rd market, the feds were busting some fleeing teens outside the block, while the nasty nutty woman was adding her usual mental vocal accompaniment to passers by from her first floor window

Police raided the hairdressers on junction of Ferndale and Pulross tonight too. About 15-20 of them. It actually looked quite amusing with them all cramming inside the tiny shop - a bit like stuffing a phone box. They will still there when I walked back an hour and a half later.

First the editor talking about the "feds" and now this thing of calling streets by the first part of their name only, yet again. :mad: :mad:

I might as well just move to the U. S. of ruddy A. and be done with it :mad:

First the editor talking about the "feds" and now this thing of calling streets by the first part of their name only, yet again. :mad: :mad:

I might as well just move to the U. S. of ruddy A. and be done with it :mad:

Teuchter!!!!! :eek::eek:

You swore!

You'd best take one of your heart pills and lie down in a darkened room.

Good news - El Panzon is definitely back in the Hootahob!
:cool:

Bumped into the old proprietor (G) last night and it's all go, with a reduced menu to start off with, from about the middle of next week.

tarannau said:
Good news - El Panzon is definitely back in the Hootahob!
:cool:

Bumped into the old proprietor (G) last night and it's all go, with a reduced menu to start off with, from about the middle of next week.

Score!!!!!!

And the bad news is that there's a pretty horrific looking smash on the corner of Water Lane and Effra Road right now. Large tailbacks, a couple of people being cut out of cars and generally sand on tarmac style nastiness. Avoid if you can

And the bad news is that there's a pretty horrific looking smash on the corner of Water Lane and Effra Road right now. Large tailbacks, a couple of people being cut out of cars and generally sand on tarmac style nastiness. Avoid if you can

Yes - it look horrible. Can't believe how many people are willing to stand and gawp.

Nasty looking crash, a lot of emergency services there top. People were standing around staring and worse taking pictures too :(

Wouldn't it be lovely if we had some big trees planted down the centre of Brixton Road? :)

Sometimes when I'm on a bus waiting to get through the Brixton crush, I imagine the trees there. In my imagination they are mature and hang out over the traffic, softening the noise and pollution.

you might want to buy some DIY supplies or go to the pub or spy on aj.

I haven't been there for a few days so you'd have had a long wait, sorry.

Nice short break with Caz in the new forest and visiting my family for mothers day. Thank you for asking.

Negril

Has anyone every successfully received a food delivery from Negril? We got their flyer and had hyped ourselves up for a curry platter last night - but they didn't even answer the phone. Maybe they were just busy.

They looked busy when I went past last night on the bus fwiw.

As much as I like the atmosphere and selection platters in Negril I'm not sure they'd be the first port of call for delivery. They're a little expensive and undistinguished compared to some of the competitor takeaways nearby.

They looked busy when I went past last night on the bus fwiw.

As much as I like the atmosphere and selection platters in Negril I'm not sure they'd be the first port of call for delivery. They're a little expensive and undistinguished compared to some of the competitor takeaways nearby.

I see what you mean. I think it's great value for eating in in a nice atmosphere with very pleasant staff but I regard a takeway from there as a major treat. They should take a quid off the combo prices or something.

I see what you mean. I think it's great value for eating in in a nice atmosphere with very pleasant staff but I regard a takeway from there as a major treat. They should take a quid off the combo prices or something.

Haven't you got a freebie off them yet for all the business you send their way?

Thanks for the info, both. I ended up collecting from Khan's in the end, so could have gone to Real Taste. The vision for the evening's entertainment had changed by then, though, so didn't think of it.

This was rather odd. I noticed a police car outside with all its lights flashing. The lone cop got out and into a sports car and then drove it around the block a bit while leaving the blue lights flashing on the cop car.

Then he got out of the sports car back into the cop car and was off...

there's a pink flowery bicycle outside the station. is it merely a nice decoration or is there something else to it?

had federation coffee on monday and it's the best certainly. ate at brazas yesterday. nice people, nice food. nice to see so many places on brixton indulging the mummy pound. the lido café is the ultimate mums place though, from my limited experience dining with mums. that sounds all wrong, doesn't it?

I'm confused how the Lido Cafe will operate when the Lido is actually open. Will it revert to lido paying customers only, or will they close the glass doors that face inwards?

Sorry, hardly explaining myself well, but it's early and my eyes have just been scarred by this:

4438319317_7349db91bf.jpg

It's probably insurance against theft. Not only is it fairly distinctive, but nobody in their right mind (or with any sense of credibility) is going to twock that and be seen riding round in it.

Having seen the other side of it from the bus, it seems it's from there interesting people...

http://www.tpuc.org/

Oh and I discovered that the policemen on bicycles don't take too kindly to being told to get off their bikes and push them whilst on the pavement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom