Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole estate is heated by an underground boiler house, hence the 'submarine'. Maybe something to do with that?

Quite probably something to do with this as there have been ongoing problems and a lot of work being done. It seemed to be precautionary rather than a reaction to something but was such a big turn out from the services that everyones curtains were flapping.

New Park Road innit...the flats that were made out of old council offices opposite the greengrocers.

Not the first time the guy in the big penthouse at the top has acted antisocially, there were parties with live bands on the roof last summer blasting out music far beyond the sort of times that you should be.

Those sort of things you do on your country estate with your nearest neighbour 3 miles away, not in the middle of a built up area.

episode_03.jpg

Not the first time the guy in the big penthouse at the top has acted antisocially, there were parties with live bands on the roof last summer blasting out music far beyond the sort of times that you should be.

Those sort of things you do on your country estate with your nearest neighbour 3 miles away, not in the middle of a built up area.

I've realised where Courtenay House is now. Who would want to live in flats that look like offices.

Are they all private? Are they all expensive?

Maybe someone should stick a firework through some letterboxes with a note telling them it's illegal to let off fireworks after 11.00pm :mad:

I've realised where Courtenay House is now. Who would want to live in flats that look like offices.

Are they all private? Are they all expensive?

Not any more, they're not:D

Also, I think they had trouble selling them about three years ago. All seemed to go eventually but it was slow trade.

I think they're alright. Good offroad parking.

Worked for me *shrug* anyway its 1 bedroom and £225k. Can only just afford to rent, can't get a mortage, won't "share" with strangers... what are people supposed to do over something as basic a human need as a home?

"A wonderful opportunity to acquire a beautifully presented one bedroom apartment with a balcony situated on the first floor of a contemporary development. The flat offers generous natural light as well as open plan living and comes with on off street parking space.

A wonderful opportunity to acquire a beautifully presented one bedroom apartment with a balcony situated on the first floor of a contemporary development. The flat offers generous natural light as well as open plan living and comes with on off street parking space. The building itself is presented in excellent condition and has fully maintained service lifts as well as pristine communal hallways. This property comes to the market chain free and with a long lease. "

Absolutely... I'm hoping to move out of London, and can find a detached 5 bedroom house with garage and land for the price of that poxy little flat off New Park Road.

Very nice 2 bed bungalow for £115,000 showing up in the area I want to be in, unfortunately getting a mortgage isn't easy these days either.

NPR is where I am looking at buying :D

There are some decent flats up there going at a reasonable price right now, sure to get cheaper.

Some excitement at the top of the hill outside Sainsburys, 2 police cars and an ambulance in attendance, what looked like a body lying on the pavement (with a wheeled trolley) but nobody seemingly in any apparent hurry to do anything. I couldn't get any more info as it was just past Sainsburys, rather than in my direction, and it seemed a bit tasteless to walk up and find out what was going on.

Hopefully someone else will :)

Having removed the covered bus stops in Brixton Town Centre in an attempt to stop the drug dealers using them, I noticed that they are now installing new ones as part of the works taking place

Having removed the covered bus stops in Brixton Town Centre in an attempt to stop the drug dealers using them, I noticed that they are now installing new ones as part of the works taking place

I thought the same thing last night as I walked past. The only possible difference will be a slightly louder whistle to reach the other side of the extended pavement.

are they? What about those holes in the road? What are they for and when ar they going to fill them up?

I think the holes are for new stormwater drainage thingies, by the look of it.

I wondered that, and better drainage in Brixton centre itself is definitely something that's needed considering the amount of times there's been flooding there.

However, moving on, I'm slightly disturbed by the new paving. Some of it is absolutely shite and it's not going to be long at all before someone trips over this new badly laid paving

I know what you mean. Lots of little 30mm slivers of slab where they should have split the larger slab next to it. Sloppy work.

I know what you mean. Lots of little 30mm slivers of slab where they should have split the larger slab next to it. Sloppy work.

Yeah, there's one after you cross the crossing to go into the tube. That is not going to last, but there's more like that, that's just one of the most noticeable

What's more, I hope when they've finished the high street they'll actually do the pavement outside Windrush Square because that's a nightmare as well

I've also been curious for months as to whether the new central reservation is meant to be wonky. Seems dangerous to me that you can't walk on a level surface in the middle of the road

Well it's not designed for walking on, but the fact you can see the bottom edge of the kerbstones suggests to me that the whole road is going to be resurfaced, so raising it up 75mm or so.

Windrush Sq and Brixton Oval are going to be completely remodelled in the next Phase of works (along with the road junction with Acre Lane, Brixton Hill, Effra Road and Coldharbour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom