Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, their dad appeared to be with them.

However, there were a load of marauding oiks at Stockwell - schoolkids - who decided to lob snowballs through the bus doors at passengers. They seemed to think it was amusing in some way, even if we didn't.

However, there were a load of marauding oiks at Stockwell - schoolkids - who decided to lob snowballs through the bus doors at passengers. They seemed to think it was amusing in some way, even if we didn't.

Never saw one example of this through Vauxhall, Oval and Brixton area on the bus or train or on foot? Perhaps you incite some sort of youth rage?

:D

that made me lol

Poor you. Can't you get the week off work?

I am off work at the moment. Unlike most people, I am loving this snow. Dont have to worry about work/transport etc :D

At home, going out with the camera. Have blurred vision in the left eye, but hopefully should clear up in a few weeks.

Back to work on thew 11th Jan, though. :(

I am off work at the moment. Unlike most people, I am loving this snow. Dont have to worry about work/transport etc :D

You said you have you have a week of work :p

Nice to see you have a week off though

I'm still trying to figure out if b/f's niece is going to get to Gatwick tonight :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8444742.stm

Essex Police have dozens of calls over snowballing

Dozens of calls have been made to police to complain about "anti-social snowballing", Essex Police have said.

The force said it had received more than 100 weather-related calls over 12 hours, between Wednesday morning and evening.

Calls included reports of vehicle accidents and breakdowns but the highest number related to snowballing incidents.

Complaints dropped once darkness fell, Ch Insp Richard Phillibrown said.

I too have watched cars doing the banana waltz along New Park Road and my side road. Scary to think that people can carry on and completely disregard the weather conditions - it's only pure luck that loads of accidents haven't happened.

New Park Road is an Ice rink for cars. Seen some proper idiots this evening.

Brixton Hill ain't too pleasant either. Those twats in the car wash place should be made to grit as well. Hosing down the forecourt every day so the water goes on to the pavement and freezes. :mad:

I've got to go to Victoria Station soon. I really don't want to go out. I already slid 3 times coming up the Hill earlier :(

What you going to victoria at this time for, minnie?

b/f's niece landed at Gatwick 10.30pm. Still waiting to get off the plane. Means she's missed all the regular trains and can only get Gatwick Express. They're only going every half hour and are taking an hour to get to Victoria so I've no idea what time I'm going there yet.

Currently checking frequency of No 2 bus, although that restricts me, so might look into going to Whitehall then getting a bus up to Victoria as there's more choice then. Looks like we're going to be doing a lot of waiting round in the cold. b/f has now decided he's going to come with me. Told him we may not even leave for another hour. :D

Tell her to get a taxi.

Black cabs cost a sodding fortune :eek::eek:

She's an 18-year-old student :D

We've already told her we'll pay for her Gatwick Express tickets which are £17 each. Besides, we could get bus down Victoria Street and they can see Parliament and the London Eye and have a night-time tour bus ride. She's coming with her friend. If we knacker them out, hopefully they won't want to stay up all night chatting. ;)

Are you sure? National Rail Enquiries says there's a Southern service at 0105 and 0205.

oh, that could be because I was looking hours ago when she landed at 10.30 so figured she should be out of the airport by midnight so didn't look past then. Will check again.

However, when I spoke to Gatwick Express guy asking about London Bridge route he said there was about a 50 minute delay on those route.

Will have to check latest situation on Southern

I thought it seemed too early to finish.

You're a cunning little minx, minnie.

I'm knackered. Been running round like a blue-arse fly all day up until about 6.00pm when I decided it was unlikely they were going to get here and started relaxing only to be told Gatwick had re-opened so had to start running around in a mad panic again :mad:

Are you sure? National Rail Enquiries says there's a Southern service at 0105 and 0205.

There is. The woman said the last few Southern trains were only getting in less than 10 minutes late, same as Gatwick Express, yet when I rang Gatwick Express, he said the journey was taking double the time. :hmm:

Did you say your niece was coming from Dublin? If so, tell her to get the train/ferry next time. Much more civilised and cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom