Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton chitter chatter, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just got in. Caz got on a bus at Liverpool Street at 16.30 and I got on the same bus at Tower Bridge at 17.20

Six hours to do six miles? That's gotta be some kind of record surely.

Fucking cunting bastard weather. Piss off back to Siberia.

We've just got in. Caz got on a bus at Liverpool Street at 16.30 and I got on the same bus at Tower Bridge at 17.20

Today and tomorrow of all days was when I didn't want snow. I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow that was expected last Friday :mad:

Bit late to the party as little access to internets just now. I told everyone to go home early when I saw the fat fluffy flakes and that it was lying on the road. No, I don't not have authority to do that. What's your point? :mad: Then when I got to Brixton it had stopped snowing and I felt a bit foolish. Once I'd been to the pound shop for bird food and M&S for their version of baileys, however, the buses at the stop were all out of service and people were piling up so I felt vindicated and walked up the hill. My shoes have good treads on them so not too bad.

Then I cleared our path for the good of all my neighbours in case it freezes over night. I haven't sprinkles it with salt though. So it will probably be more treacherous than the snowy bits. *evil laugh*

You have to grit at the right time. And lets be honest the snow didn't start lying til 4pm so they had no chance of having a good rush hour.

High heels are not your worst enemy. At least you can use the heel as a crampon. Saw a man in his suit shoes hanging onto railings as he turned into Brixton Hill.

Should have got the tube. I got on at Old Street at 5.20 and had been shopping, walked up hill and cleared the paths for all our flats by 6.55pm.

You sat on a bus for six hours? Assuming you're able-bodied, you could have walked it in two, with enough time for a couple of leisurely pub stops on the way.

You sat on a bus for six hours? Assuming you're able-bodied, you could have walked it in two, with enough time for a couple of leisurely pub stops on the way.

A) it was very cold and the snow/rain/whatever could have started again at any minute.
B) the pavements were unsafe to walk on, as could be seen by those attempting to.

Walking would have taken us through some particularly unsavoury areas of South London (at least on a bus you're mildly safe) not to mention the gangs of marauding oiks lobbing snowballs at anything they could, and probably stabbing anyone that retaliated in kind. Not to mention, of course, that the most straightforward walking route was more or less the route of the buses.

In balance, although it was a comparatively wasted evening, we did at least still get time together - and the two women that started singing on the '42' and got everyone joining in, culminating in a hilarious Rickroll, made at least that part of the journey bearable.

Stopping for a McPiss at Camberwell Green was much appreciated too.

As for 'fit and able bodied', walking that far in nice weather is very different from walking that far in that weather.

Walking would have taken us through some particularly unsavoury areas of South London (at least on a bus you're mildly safe) not to mention the gangs of marauding oiks lobbing snowballs at anything they could, and probably stabbing anyone that retaliated in kind. Not to mention, of course, that the most straightforward walking route was more or less the route of the buses.
You might want to try stepping out into the real world occasionally because the dystopian fantasy world you inhabit is really not healthy for your well being.

A) it was very cold and the snow/rain/whatever could have started again at any minute.
B) the pavements were unsafe to walk on, as could be seen by those attempting to.

Neither of these things were true. As for the marauding oiks, they seem to be a figment of your imagination. I walked for 1.5 hours (uphill) and didn't see anyone do such things. In fact, all I saw were people helping each other get away from the ice.

What a twat!

To be fair, AJ is probably referring to the idiots around New Park Road Area, who, last year, were beating fuck out of people that retaliated or complained about being hit by snowballs. One guy was even dragged out of his car and beaten crap out of.

It was all pretty fucking scary.

To quote John Sweeney, "you were not there".

I know what I saw. I also know what the areas the bus route goes through are like. For crying out loud, the 45 goes past the Barrier Block, and if you haven't seen or heard about the goings-on in that part of Crackharbour Lane on this forum (Editor included, who's posted a lot of them) then you're either a n00b or clueless to these forums.

To quote John Sweeney, "you were not there".

I know what I saw. I also know what the areas the bus route goes through are like. For crying out loud, the 45 goes past the Barrier Block, and if you haven't seen or heard about the goings-on in that part of Crackharbour Lane on this forum (Editor included, who's posted a lot of them) then you're either a n00b or clueless to these forums.

No I'm not clueless thanks. I'm fully aware of what goes on in brixton - I live here too.

I realise there was some trouble last year, but lets not get things out of proportion - surely most people throwing snowballs are just having fun?! I'd certainly rather risk a snowball fight, than sit on a bus for 6 hours to get home from Camberwell :D

surely most people throwing snowballs are just having fun?! I'd certainly rather risk a snowball fight, than sit on a bus for 6 hours to get home from Camberwell :D

It was only 2 1/2 hours from Camberwell actually. But I digress.

A snowball fight is only fun when it's mutually consentual, amongst a group of friends. Otherwise it's assault.

It was only 2 1/2 hours from Camberwell actually. But I digress.

A snowball fight is only fun when it's mutually consentual, amongst a group of friends. Otherwise it's assault.

Hmmm I get the feeling its pointless going into this one. You obviously have a more serious outlook on life than I do :)

Hmmm I get the feeling its pointless going into this one. You obviously have a more serious outlook on life than I do :)

If a stranger throws a brick at you, what is that? Assault, possible GBH.

Snowballs, especially slightly frozen slushy ones, can be incredibly painful. Yes, fresh fluffy snow is soft and tolerable but still unnecessary, I don't want to end up with a wet coat if it's not directly from the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom